Jul 16 2012
By: Poplicola First Son 12 posts

General Concerns

[ Edited ]
6 replies 229 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I've witnessed quite a few changes that I just can't get used to from playing Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3. I'm digging the customizations and the features surrounding one's character in-game on how detail one can truly build one's character's up. The one thing that I am concerned about is the leveling mechanics on this game and how it seems to be incredibly manipulated; I have seen tons of individuals who are ranked in their 60s and 70s with unbelievable perks. What bothers me more is the fact that on the back of the Uncharted 3 box; it explicitly states that this game has "matchmaking"; in which I presume this meant the game has ranked matches.

As I have been playing this game for about a couple of weeks now, I have yet to find such a ranked match, why is this? Is this a bug? If so, is there a way to submit such a notice to the developing team? If not, don't you think that there should be ranked matches for competitive multiplayer? As I recall, Uncharted 2 was extraordinary successful with ranked matches and unranked matches, as well as custom matches. I don't mind the developers adding new maps, new game play modes but at what cost? At this point, it gets frustrating to play this game as an unranked match, which is the only type of match available. I suggest that if it hasn't been introduced or already in the making that there be such a ranked and unranked division.

Furthermore, the Naughty Dog homepage is out of whack when I run it on both Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome; I cannot log in directly on the Naughty Dog homepage without logging onto the PS Forums through PlayStation's homepage. Also, I cannot access the "Multiplayer" section on Naughty Dog's homepage. Moreover, I would like to address the choices of music that plays in the background when one access the competitive multiplayer portion of the game. Is there a way for you guys to switch the music to a the official theme for Uncharted 3? I highly doubt that the Arabian music is the official theme, it gets quite annoying with the vocals, I am not kidding. Don't take these concerns too harshly I'm just a simple man wanting to get some answers and hopefully they'll be fixed in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Poplicola

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15217 posts

Re: General Concerns

Jul 16, 2012

There's no "ranked" matchmaking.  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 16, 2012
That's the problem; it's absurd to expect to attract new players to this competitive experience when they have to battle against players who, somehow, were able to reach to maximum level and more. Bottom Line: There should be ranked and unranked matches in this game and having the whole ranks for your character thing is sort of meaningless when no ranked matches exist. Don't all that legacy players want to play with other legacy players like them? If this feature is not in the next patch then it will never be; thus, Uncharted 3 will have a short lifespan in attention to its competitive online, and the whole "Online Pass" isn't helping.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jul 16, 2012
1. U3 has been solid so far
2. DLC pool is for good players, and non-DLC is for beginners, but DLC is broken right now.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Fall-ss over nurfed

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

i have been a big fan of naughty dog ever since uncharted drake's fortune and i love uncharted its the best game ever in my oppinion but i want to talk about a concern regarding the fall-ss current performance. i have been a very big fan of the fall-ss ever since the first time i was level 50 and i agree that it was too good to compare to the other guns but in my oppinion all the patches for it have made it below average for the hardest gun to unlock. not many people use the fall-ss anymore this is because it doesn't perform like a level 50 gun anymore infact i have had a lot of experience with the fall-ss and i find it hard to compete with many other guns in a head to head against other players. i think that it will be fair if at least the recoil gets redused because all these patches to the fall-ss are leaving fall-ss fans very disapointed with its current performance and its not fair that they have to find alternate ways to play good just because many people dislike their favourite gun just because it used to be very competative.

Hope you take my concern into account thank you

best fan Goran

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (157 Views)
Fender Bender
3846 posts

Sep 18, 2012

scootgar wrote:

True. But thats not how it should be. At least in U2, similar ranks were matched against each other fairly often, thereby encouraging them to continue playing because everybody sucked equally and they had fun. No noob will have fun in this game when theyre only matched against anyone past 2nd legacy.

I sometimes give noobs free kills because i feel sorry for them and want to keep them playing the game, but with current matchmaking, i know its a lost battle.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

True. But thats not how it should be. At least in U2, similar ranks were matched against each other fairly often, thereby encouraging them to continue playing because everybody sucked equally and they had fun. No noob will have fun in this game when theyre only matched against anyone past 2nd legacy.

I sometimes give noobs free kills because i feel sorry for them and want to keep them playing the game, but with current matchmaking, i know its a lost battle.

Reminds me of my first time here, and the reason why I never touch TDM alone.

I mean, I was like, "WOO finally multiplayer! I better try TDM!" after singleplayer, then I got matched against a non-party, but a team full of legacies. I was like, "Must be slight bad luck. I'm sure it won't happen again." But it did. 10 times. This is why I play co-op and Hardcore only when alone.

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes