Jun 26 2013
By: BortLicensePlate Uncharted Territory 1396 posts

Getting Uncharted 3, New to Multiplayer

14 replies 610 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I just bought the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition and it will be arriving in the mail soon.

A few questions, if I played Uncharted 2 multiplayer will my transition into UC3 multiplayer be smooth?

How much vital DLC is there? I heard you have to pay $30+ O_O ?

Message 1 of 15 (610 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Getting Uncharted 3, New to Multiplayer

Jun 26, 2013

BortLicensePlate wrote:

I just bought the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition and it will be arriving in the mail soon.

A few questions, if I played Uncharted 2 multiplayer will my transition into UC3 multiplayer be smooth?

How much vital DLC is there? I heard you have to pay $30+ O_O ?

Playing UC2 before will help you out a bit with the control set up & on certain maps since the knowledge of them is there, but UC3 plays different it much faster paced with kill streaks errrrm I meant Kickbacks & more Blindfiring, but least you have slightly more health.

Why didn't you just buy the GOTY Edition??? it's dirt cheap now.

Message 2 of 15 (598 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Merch

Message 3 of 15 (593 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Hello, 

As an uncharted 2 player you will have an advantage in your reaction to damage; however it might take you a while to adjust to the movement and lack of air-tight mechanics that uncharted 2 has that is lacking in uncharted 3. There are a lot more variables in uncharted 3 which makes it harder to control the outcome of any given match.

My advice would be :

first: go through sensitivity's , a good balance would be 1 or two notches further than the default.

Secondly: try the Ak, m9, Fal-SS (when you get there) and g mal; try to find a sensitivity that works seamlessly for any combination of a burst fire vs. an automatic. Also, familiarize yourself with the use of all power weapons and the pattern in which their aim reticle coincide to where they actually shoot at  (apply the same analogy with grenade throwing).

Thirdly: make sure you enable shoulder switch in the options menu ( you've played uncharted 2 , so you know why this is important; I assume)

fourth: try out the T bolt and  dragon sniper ( to be exceptional with either you will likely need to spend a lot of time using a specifically high sensitivity / use different once depending on which sniper rifle you will mostly use). Also, try out the arm micro and the regular pistol - and familiarize yourself with both; but, pick the one you are more comfortable with (secondary weapons knowledge and ease of use are a 'must have' if you plan on improving your overall gameplay. Basically, you want to eliminate as many weaknesses as possible).

Fifth: practice evasion/ time efficient techniques, for example: jump roll, melee jump role, shoot while and in between jumping, reload while jumping.

Sixth: develop several gameplay strategies for different situations , for example : You will probably need a different playstyle for when you face experienced players vs. when you face ones with less experience. Also, you need to know when to play a very strategic game and when to bombard your enemies quickly to prevent them from developing any patterns or strategy.

ofcourse there are a ton of intricacies I have not covered but, the above should keep you busy for a while till you gain more experience.

At the highest level of experience? nothing is more important in uncharted 3 than : positioning. 

It is the difference between unluckies, wins, losses, and rampants. Those who disagree are most likely people who have not experienced all levels of play be it in parties, competitive, casual or solo/lonewolf gameplay. 

I am starting a series that somewhat might help new comers/ transition players to the uncharted series get foundational knowledge about how uncharted is/was played. I am starting with uncharted 2 gamplay but will eventually cover uncharted 3; check out  my thread sometime in the future.

Here is a link to the first episode

Anyways,  Goodluck.

Message 4 of 15 (556 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Well... Would be kinda hard. UC2 offered a little slow gameplay whereas UC3 is like on hyperspeed.

I suggest making yourself faster with co-op, then play a little Classic (UC2 mode with a twist accordig to people), then you should be fine.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 15 (535 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Wow thanks for all the replies guys! Mucho appreciated.

How much DLC do I need to get if I bought the Collector's Edition?

Message 6 of 15 (519 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I've honestly tried transitioning from U2 to U3 and can't pull it off but that might just be me. If you have Tomb Raider, play a match or two on that and then head on over to U3. On the G-MAL, Dragon and T-Bolt the sensitivity is perfect and I do 10x better than I usually do.

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 15 (495 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Jun 27, 2013

The transition from U2 to U3 sucks if you are used to high aiming sensitivity in Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 with maximum aiming sensitivity feels like a controling a snail..

But as most players never change any settings anyway, and you were so smart to buy the collector's edition, I reckon you won't have any problems. Robert Cogburn made sure the transition for noobs was their highest priority so they gave most weapons U2 SAS-12 blindfire in Uncharted 3.

You have nothing to worry about.

Message 8 of 15 (485 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
237 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Here's what you do:

Equip the Para 9 with blindfire accuracy while you unlock Drake's/Jade's/Marlowe's respective Paras. Run up to someone, fire three shots, melee, and roll away. You'll be unstoppable. Even if someone is aiming at you, there's a likely chance you'll kill them or you'll both die. For your boosters, put on Cloaked for your first booster, pick a character and change their clothes to a dark color (hopefully you'll level it up to Gold because then you'll just be a boring character that makes ZERO noise!) so that you won't be called out by the enemy and have your player name completely invisible to your enemy team. Second booster should be bargain, so you can get quick boom more quickly. Long range gun: M9. You don't even need the blindfire accuracy on this gun because it's effective without it. Put on any mod you want, you'll dominate. If you want more strafing speed while you aim (lol), but fear that you lose the overpoweredness of Cloaked, fear not for Naughty Dog have made stat hats that have Cloaked on them! It's like you have two slot 1 boosters for the price of one! Amazing!!

Message 9 of 15 (447 Views)
Wastelander
872 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Hi
bort ive just read this post and im just goin to say that if u want sumone to help u get use to playing u3 then i will add u as im happy to help a player in need
Message 10 of 15 (294 Views)