Mar 26 2013
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

- Glitchers' Awareness Thread - (more pleasing to the eyes)

[ Edited ]
23 replies 1541 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

Hi guys - Uncharted has many unique gameplay elements and aspects that players can utilize in the game to get some favorable advantages over their opponents. Now, in simple terms, this can lead to a lot of glitching and what not. Now, I know that teaching or telling how to do certain glitches is against the forum rules; but how about just simply sharing where they are on the maps and how to tell if you do in fact have a glitcher?

I was playing on the Airstrip today and this guy was underneath the map shooting at us. We were playing Elimination and each round he got in the same spot and we had to keep rushing to that spot and kill him. It's very annoying to find out where and how they are killing you.

Most glitches and out of map boundaries are filled with death planes, which are means to stop a glitcher from accessing these areas. Some death planes are a timed sort of thing where it takes how long of out of map "map" you are on at the time then simply kills you. Others are instant-death areas that will kill you as soon as you step into the area; these kind of death planes are usually placed around a certain area in which many times were glitches and glitchers to be found at.

So, some basic ways of spotting a glitcher:

1.  Bullet holes in the ground and sparks protruding out of the ground. This is usually a good indicator of someone glitching.

2.  Team mates of the enemy team fumbling around on position. Either taking cover a multitude of times or jumping in similar fashions.

3.  Team mates dying with no evident reason. They usually get pulled down through the ground of are shot from far off.

4.  Watch where your enemies are located at when they kill you. If it looks directly at the floor and you can't at all see the enemy: it's either lag or a definite glitch.

Now, the idea of this thread is simple, label the hot zones for glitching.

This could definitely become a massive thread filled with so many points in which it may become unbearably incomprehinsible, or it can just be a simple: Don't go here - kind of thread.

Airstrip:

Heroes' spawn point - left side (facing it)

There's a new glitch here that allows people to get underneath the map. The glitcher's shooting area is very limited, so stay clear of this area if you're being shot for an unknown reason.

London Underground:

Villains' spawn point - right side/tunnel (facing it)

There is a glitch here which allows the glitcher to get inside the tunnels and shoot across the map, mainly on the pipe-like tunnels. Steer clear if shot from unknown areas.

Now, there are many, many, many more glitches that I can't possibly cover without giving away instructions on how to do them. I'm just trying to inform the community about where these glitches are and just how to avoid them if they do come your way. I feel some people may look down on me for letting out this sort of thing, but people have to know; and more importantly, Naughty Dog. Maybe they'll fill up some of these holes so we won't have to keep dealing with them. They've done a fairly decent job from preventing these sort of things from plaguing the game too much.

If you happen to know of any glitch-heavy areas in a specific map, let me know, post it here, or even private message me if you don't want people to know you told me; that's fine.

Be careful out there, and watch out for them glitchers! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 24 (1,541 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: - Glitchers' Awareness Thread -

Mar 26, 2013
When I get in I can get a few video embedded into the thread to show what you mean an Ti show a few other spots, I won't put tutorials there though- Just gameplay of the glitch itself Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 24 (706 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Mar 26, 2013

some teammates get stuck in the labdodgeball map ...watch out

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 3 of 24 (670 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 26, 2013
This is my kind of thread XD. God I don't even know where to begin. Tommorow I'll make a fancy list of hotspots in all the maps.
Message 4 of 24 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Mar 26, 2013

My response to you anti-glitching mountebanks!

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 5 of 24 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Mar 26, 2013
When I find a glitcher I like to save the cinema and learn the glitch myself. Also the Red lettering made my eyes fall off.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 6 of 24 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Whenever I find a glitcher I send a cinema to UC3PlayerReport don't know if anything gets resolved but I like to think that it does.
Message 7 of 24 (635 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

God where do I start?

Yemen, There is a glitch near the Villian Idol capture point. It does have the multiplayer gods somte thing but if you stand in a certain spot you ca't die.

Airstrip, At the Villian spawn base is a glitch you need to do with the shield and once done you can see the whole map. Good thing is people can only shoot with their pistols or kickback.

Desert Village, There is STILL the glitch known since beta, but with another method. And near the PAK-80 you can get pulled down by doing a certain glitch there so look out fo that.

Highrise, at the place where the Villians spawn there is a glitch where peole can see the map by holding a grenade at a cetain spot. They can't shoot you but they can see where you are.

Museum, There is a way to get in the building near the M32-HAMMER spawns. I'm not sure if you can get shot from there though.

Sanctuary, People who played Uncharted 2 may know this spot. Near the M32-HAMMER spawn you can get inside it enabling people to shoot you through walls and seeing the whole map.

Cave, Above the M32-HAMMER spawn people can get in the ceiling/ground and if you run through the middle you can get shot through the floor.

Fort, Uncharted 2 glitch, At both spawns if you go to the left there is a building with a gate in it. People can get in there and see the map at some spots. Not sure if you can shoot through it though.

Temple, The Infamous U2 Glitch, Near the Heroes spawn there is a place leading to the M32-HAMMER spot where you can get in and get shot from.

Village, The Infamous U2 Glitch, To the left of the Heroes spawn there is a building you can climb on. People can get in that building and shoot you from it like in U2. Good thing is that after a while they get killed by the multiplayer gods.

Train Wreck, There is a place near the Heroes spawn where people can hang under the ground and shoot you. Their range is limited so stay away from there if you think someone might be in there.

Graveyard, There is a way of getting out of the map and shoot people with the pistol from out of the water. If you are host of the game then you aare screwed even more, If the glitcher gets on the boat and shoot the HammerTurret your Ps3 WILL freeze.

Old Quarter, There is a way people get ontop of the building where the Villians and Heroes spawn in. If you are lucky you can snipe those glitchers off that building. On the building where the Heroes spawn in you can see the whole map and kill people from it.

Oasis, There is a way you can get ontop of the map by doing a certain glitch. Don't worry, They can shoot you but you can also shoot them.

London Streets, There is a glitch where you get out of the map in The Pelican building. Not sure if you can get shot from there though.

Lab Map 2, There is a way where people get inside their spawn building and can kill you from there across the map.

DodgeBall Lab Map, There is a way people get out of the map and they can throw grenades out of the glitch. If you throw a grenade in the corner you can sometimes kill them.

Well, These are just some of the 1000's of glitches I know. Hope I helped by typing this Smiley Happy

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 24 (627 Views)
Fender Bender
3809 posts

Mar 26, 2013

JD-- wrote:

glitching  glitches glitcher glitches glitcher  glitches glitchers glitche

glitchingglitch.glitching.litch  glitcherglitch  glitcher glitches glitches  glitch

glitchers

MY EYYYEEES!

Message 9 of 24 (588 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

@a29426qbca11bd92...

That's quite a list and I find that very distressing..of the roughly 10 glitches I know about, there's only one that might be on your list (in Desert Village) and it's been "deathplaned".  Thankfully, some glitches are very limiting and once a glitcher is in and you're aware of it...you can avoid the area.

All I'll say is that I wish Naughty Dog could actually fix them rather than "deathplaning" them because in some cases, the deathplanes themselves are used by glitchers:

There is a glitch in Molten Ruins that another team used against us during a Treasure Hunter round in TO.  There's a certain spot on the map where you die instantly.  They placed the idol in that spot and after a furious firefight (which we won), several of us died trying to recover the idol.  A huge advantage to whichever team is in the lead at that point...I don't recall the idol respawning either but it may just have been near enough the end of the round that there wasn't time.  Very annoying.

Message 10 of 24 (564 Views)