Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
690 posts

Re: Glitches are seriously getting weirder

Dec 22, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Yes.  It get strange.  Had an Arena match the other day where an NPC fell through the floor (as I was shooting him), then sprinted directly through a brick wall. 

Whoa! 

Ohh sleaze i was having a look at you on the leader board the other day. Very nice!

I have had a NPC in borneo hide under water at the very end. We could hear him but we couldnt get to him. He taunted at us and laughed- we had to kill ourselfs to restart but guess what? We only had 0 lives left.

Sometimes i think its done to troll us it always happens at the worse moment!

Message 11 of 14 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Dymism wrote:
I was playing on Crushing Airport adventure with a random, (the other random left when i took my time to get to the check point) we got to the final 'boss' scenario when i was downed. Next thing i notice was a grenade coming over from a brute.. landed under my downed head flashing away i thought we are done here, but nope.

We were far from done the grenade seemed to have revived me and brought me back to full health. The random was there screaming on his mic as he could not believe what he saw either.

This is a holdover bug from Uncharted 2 Co-op.   A clip of this happening in Lost City is the last thing I ever uploaded to my YT channel, in fact.

Here's what happened as I understand it: sometimes when downed, you'll regenerate to full health anyway.  The game ignores this oddity because you shouldn't have a non-zero health value while in this status.  Explosive knockdowns are equally negligent; they merely remove the downed status when encountered and do nothing special otherwise.  Downed is the only status in which a player can have zero health and still be alive anyway, so taking that away without restoring health can naturally be assumed to cause death.  If the health regeneration bug kicks in, that assumption proves invalid, so then it all comes down to the explosive damage dealt to correct the problem.  If that isn't enough to kill, a "reviving" explosive is the result.

I'm not sure what effect Team Safe has in this scenario, nor do I know how the healing while downed phenomenon occurs.  Then again, I haven't researched it on splitscreen either. :\

Message 12 of 14 (112 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

IVIaster_ZED wrote:

Dymism wrote:
I was playing on Crushing Airport adventure with a random, (the other random left when i took my time to get to the check point) we got to the final 'boss' scenario when i was downed. Next thing i notice was a grenade coming over from a brute.. landed under my downed head flashing away i thought we are done here, but nope.

We were far from done the grenade seemed to have revived me and brought me back to full health. The random was there screaming on his mic as he could not believe what he saw either.

This is a holdover bug from Uncharted 2 Co-op.   A clip of this happening in Lost City is the last thing I ever uploaded to my YT channel, in fact.

Here's what happened as I understand it: sometimes when downed, you'll regenerate to full health anyway.  The game ignores this oddity because you shouldn't have a non-zero health value while in this status.  Explosive knockdowns are equally negligent; they merely remove the downed status when encountered and do nothing special otherwise.  Downed is the only status in which a player can have zero health and still be alive anyway, so taking that away without restoring health can naturally be assumed to cause death.  If the health regeneration bug kicks in, that assumption proves invalid, so then it all comes down to the explosive damage dealt to correct the problem.  If that isn't enough to kill, a "reviving" explosive is the result.

I'm not sure what effect Team Safe has in this scenario, nor do I know how the healing while downed phenomenon occurs.  Then again, I haven't researched it on splitscreen either. :\

Wow nice analysis. do you still have the video on YT? if so please post it up on here. Would love to see that.

BTW i didnt have team safe but now when i think about it i do have level 2 regeneration...hmm ponder that!

Message 13 of 14 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Dymism wrote:

Wow nice analysis. do you still have the video on YT? if so please post it up on here. Would love to see that.

BTW i didnt have team safe but now when i think about it i do have level 2 regeneration...hmm ponder that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeRpgoIZF0

You don't see the revival beyond the icon disappearing, but the player that went down, which was the only other player in the match, climbs up shortly afterwards.  The description contains what should be a similar analysis, but I admit I haven't been to my own channel in months.

Regen Speed doesn't sound like a likely helper in this case, but anything's possible to a point.  I brought up TS because it should nullify knockdowns, which should also prevent the bug (unless the victim has a Riot Shield, maybe?  Could be a potential alternative method).  I don't know that for sure, it's just a guess based on how the "revival" appears to function.

Message 14 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes