Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: GoBack-Matchmaking Problem

Jan 20, 2013

Here's the thing: even if ND fixed the "back out" trick, people would still leave with the XMB sign out trick. That will make things worse.

Solution:

1) ND should fix the root cause of the problem -> party splits should NEVER happen.

For example, matches should start 5v3 instead of 4v4. That's why we have late join, right? They can always fill spots.

2) Sony should release a new PS3 firmware that will disable (aka "gray out") the XMB sign out option when you are playing online games.

Have you noticed that PSN downloads stop (aka "pending") when you play an online game? So yeah, it can be done.

The problem is that XMB sign out is extremely useful when you encounter game glitches. For example, I always sign out when I see a black screen with no menus, but I still hear sounds and I can still be killed. Either way, ND has to fix ALL game glitches.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (156 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Jan 20, 2013

tapantaola wrote:
The problem is that XMB sign out is extremely useful when you encounter game glitches. For example, I always sign out when I see a black screen with no menus, but I still hear sounds and I can still be killed. Either way, ND has to fix ALL game glitches.

This, but I wish it would work when cinema mode takes a giant **bleep* on me.

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I agree with OP.  Once players are revealed, the 'Leave Find Game' should be automatically closed and prevented from re-opening.  Far too many TEAMS are using this glitch.  Make this change and assess its impact before attempting to get SONY to change the XMB functionality.

--------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3076 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Too late at this stage of the game.  It's something that should have been addresssed WAY before the game was ever released.  Something that should have been discovered in QA testing or something. 

Given the fact that there is no MERCS option in this game, meaning, a playlist WITHOUT ANY PARTIES (2 or more), is it any actually surprised that people do this?  Solo players, split screeners, and duo teams get absolutely hammered to chopped crap in this MP.  That they figure out a tactic as a work around for NDI's horrible set up is no surprise at all. 

NDI should have patched it long ago.  But as we know, technical fixes lead to more broken aspects of the MP due to the shoddy net code of this game that is held together with gaffer tape and glue. 

Get the net code ironed out NDI, so you can ACTUALLY fix your own game. 

One time! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 21, 2013

If ND devs played their game more often, they would have discovered these tricks long time ago. Does anyone disagree with this?

Too little, too late. Take this as a lesson for TLOU and/or UC4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1698 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I do the back out trick myself only in parties of 1 or 2 though because I rather not play a party of 5 it just ruins the fun. I sign out of lobby when I get invites from my friends and I don't want to make them wait for the match to start. I really don't have a problem with it except for a when a party of 5 backs out against my party and we get split.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 21, 2013
omfg i love you now ahahahahaha xD
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

#Partyoffiveproblems :smileytongue:

Seriously though I have no idea what you're talking about. Sometimes I have attempted to see if that works (solely for curiosity purposes of course) and it does not. When I keep the "Leave Finding Game" window open (which I think is what you are referring too) as soon as the players are revealed and the voting countdown starts, clicking "leave game" does not take you out.

Anyway, if you're really having such a big problem maybe parties of 5 should only be allowed to play other parties of five? :smileywink:

No, because matchmaking is already slow as hell. It's been getting worse too. Let's not give it one more process to go through and cause it to take longer than it already does. Personally, I don't nit pick at lag because I get over it but we'd also introduce more lag by doing this. Again no.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes