Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Good players

Jan 5, 2014

Icebound1 wrote:

I understand how it's possible to get 3.00 or 4.00 KDR. But I'm talking about 8:1 or 9:1 "fishy" players. Something's not right there.

Cloaked, Smoke Bomb, FFA, Quitting, and lots and lots of camping. :smileyvery-happy:

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 21 of 83 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Taken on its own, K/DR is pretty much meaningless…that’s why I like the other info included in the stats cards but even then, it might not tell the whole story (one additional stat I’d like to see is the number of power weapon kills).  The real proof comes when you actually play against that person.

I’ve met some pretty good players with ratios of about 3 or so but absurd ratios (like 30) almost certainly mean shenanigans are at play.

There are too many ways to increase your K/D ratio (in general and specifically in Uncharted)…alternate accounts (for learning the game), quitting, lagging and cheating (lag switching, aimbots, glitching, hacks, etc).

When looking at a player’s stat card, I consider:

• K/D ratio.  If it’s much above 2, I look at the other stats.
  • W/L ratio.  Lots of losses (with an accompanying high K/D ratio)..usually means a stats quitter.
  • Headshots.  This is tricky but in general, I find someone with about 10% of their kills as headshots is usually a solid player.  Much less than that (5% or lower) usually means someone that depends a lot on blind firing.  Much more is probably the hardest…it likely means they’re good but (rarely, I think) it could mean they’re cheating.

In the end, I don’t care much about K/D ratio (for myself or my opponents) in and of itself but it (and the other stats) can provide information on the kind of opponents you’re facing.

Message 22 of 83 (303 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 5, 2014
10% ... not me (3000 headshots - 40000 kills). I always snipe so that's embarassing, lol.

Check their TO and Plunder stats as well. If one of them is high, it means they probably got a lot of headshots in those modes.
Bang Bang!

Message 23 of 83 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 5, 2014

@INESCAPABLE...

Interesting.  My "guidelines" are generalities but since I'm only an average competitive player, I need all the help I can get! :smileyhappy:  When I can, I try to look at stats to get an idea of what I'm up against.

And your headshot % is close enough...even if I hadn't gamed with you.

You are a survivor for sure...your ability to escape trouble is remarkable! :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 83 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2553 posts

Jan 5, 2014

10% of my kills are actually headshots, I do play mostly TO but I use an AK & I never stat boost in any mode. 

Message 25 of 83 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Ohoho, I see what you did there CP, you cheeky Canadian :b
Bang Bang!

Message 26 of 83 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 5, 2014
I can attest that wycliff and I have scraped by to earn decent stats as we play together pretty much daily. It isn't always pretty, but we stick it out thru the bad.

And I agree about xINESCAPABLEx and her evasive skills. She's not the best player overall I've seen, but as far as escaping situations that appear to be certain death, she's the best I've seen there. I've actually become better at that myself by watching her play. Although, we haven't played as often lately.

I have the tendency of playing very recklessly. Some of my friends call me out for it from time to time. Sometimes I just can't help it. If I see someone pick up a PW or activate a KB, I have to go after them. Why? Idk. I just do.

One thing that has helped me, is just trying to stay alive. When my main focus is getting kills, I don't do well. If I get locked on to one target, and ignore everything else, chances are I'm going to get killed while pursuing them. But if I make my main focus staying alive and being aware of my surroundings, I play much better.

It's kind of like trying to form your own version of situational awareness just based off of what the game presents in front of you.
Message 27 of 83 (263 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Oh you :3

We'll have to play again so you can see my evasive skills in action. Heck, I don't even notice I'm doing it anymore :b

Another trick I've learnt though:

If you're running and you have to get away, throw a concealed grenade on the other side of the room. Make sure they don't see where the nade's being thrown from though. It'll attract them there, giving you a small window to get the hell out of there.

Also, something that people don't catch on to is my simple escape route. Re-run the area. Say you jump off the SAS train in Train Wreck because someone is shooting you from the Mah area. I'd personally run to the Mah area because they'd be chasing me and I'd quickly conceal myself so they don't see me. By the time they climb back up, I'm not only healed but I have the upper hand :b

One day, I'll make a thread about escapes c:
Bang Bang!

Message 28 of 83 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Mag area*
Bang Bang!

Message 29 of 83 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7200 posts

Jan 6, 2014

I've come across and played a host of good players. Too bad I'm not one myself :smileysad:

Sleep Matt signature
Message 30 of 83 (228 Views)
0 Likes