Fender Bender
3303 posts

Re: Good players

Jan 9, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

TetsuoTen wrote:
I love seeing all the people posting how easy it is for them to be amazing at this game.

I'm so jealous of there elite skills.

Everyone is a pro elite player once they log into the forums tho.  Man Indifferent

Really? Smiley Surprised

Oh yeh i'd name drop but i'm trying to be on my best behavior after the last warning lol.

Message 41 of 83 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 42 of 83 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Haha I know exactly who u mean tho David. I've never seen someone exaggerate to that extent tho. Literally calling themselves the best of the best and always going 2-10 of TDM game lol.
Message 43 of 83 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

The secret is in the Win/Loss ratio. Not the Kill/Death Ratio imo.

I disagree. All WLR tells you is how much you play in parties. It has nothing to do with 'how good a player is'. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 83 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jan 9, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

I disagree. All WLR tells you is how much you play in parties. It has nothing to do with 'how good a player is'. 

KDR does that too. Just in the opposite direction. Play without parties, own n00bs alone - High KDR

Neither are really a measure of how good someone is, WLR can tell how good you play in a party though while KDR just tells how much someone leeches n00b kills.

Message 45 of 83 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

KDR does that too. Just in the opposite direction. Play without parties, own n00bs alone - High KDR

Neither are really a measure of how good someone is, WLR can tell how good you play in a party though while KDR just tells how much someone leeches n00b kills.

I can agree to a certain extent, but I'd also like to ask you a question.

You're playing alone right now and you run into 3 other 'good' players and the rest are F2P.

Player 1 has a 1.90 KDR but an 8.00 WLR
Player 2 has a 3.50 KDR but a 2.00 WLR

Player 3 is on your team to make it even, dont worry about his stats

I know it usually depends on who the person is, but typically, which oponent will end up being the better player and which one will you have a bigger challenge against? 

KDR does tell us when we see a good player, but it does only to a certain extent. I always have more of a challenge with 1.75-4.00 KDR players than I do with 4.00+ Players (They're always too busy camping because they're worried about their stats). But I dunno, I guess that this is my opinion and my opinion might not match everyone else's.

To shorten everything I said, sure, I agree. Both WLR and KDR are innaccurate when it comes to who's a 'good player' and who's not but in the end KDR does a better job at it. (imo of course)

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 46 of 83 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 9, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

that could be true to some extent, but it could also prove how valuable the player can be to the team, especially when playing team objective or plunder (could show who plays for the objective versus who is boosting stats, medals, trophies, etc...)

Message 47 of 83 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

wouldnt it be funny if there wer no stats at all in UC4, just think about it, people would have nothing to play for, it would be so funny.

Message 48 of 83 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Blennerville wrote:
wouldnt it be funny if there wer no stats at all in UC4, just think about it, people would have nothing to play for, it would be so funny.

ya but a game needs to have some sort of competitive nature otherwise it won't last that long, especially not for longer than 2 years! if nobody has anything to achieve anymore than they will have trouble playing the game afterwards (in a general sense) in terms of a shooter it's really hard to find something to be competitive about other than stats

Message 49 of 83 (284 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

ya but a game needs to have some sort of competitive nature otherwise it won't last that long, especially not for longer than 2 years! if nobody has anything to achieve anymore than they will have trouble playing the game afterwards (in a general sense) in terms of a shooter it's really hard to find something to be competitive about other than stats

when people talk about KDR and throw out numbers, I just find it so funny (and sad).

I also find people with Platinum Trophies extremely funny.

this gen, its all very amusing to me, people these days are just so funny.

i played Vice City and San Andreas for years just for the fun of it back in the day LOL Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 50 of 83 (279 Views)
0 Likes