Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Good players

Jan 10, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:
that could be true to some extent, but it could also prove how valuable the player can be to the team, especially when playing team objective or plunder (could show who plays for the objective versus who is boosting stats, medals, trophies, etc...)

Isn't that what OBJ Points and Plunder Caps are for though?

I sorta know what you mean, but even if the player is valuable, in the end, he/she can't win without their team, which goes back to my point of you can't get a good WLR without a party especially when it is OBJ or Plunder. I won't touch those modes without a Po4/Po5. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 51 of 83 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Here's one of the reasons for ridiculous UC3 fantasy KDRs: At launch, and for quite some time, kills and deaths used to count in both Plunder and Team Objectives. Before NDI patched that silly beaches would farm those modes for absurd KDRs by NOT playing the objective . Quits, yeah, but kill farming contributred a lot early on.
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 52 of 83 (237 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jan 10, 2014

lol, that would explain why I was negative for the longest time. 

Message 53 of 83 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
wouldnt it be funny if there wer no stats at all in UC4, just think about it, people would have nothing to play for, it would be so funny.

ya but a game needs to have some sort of competitive nature otherwise it won't last that long, especially not for longer than 2 years! if nobody has anything to achieve anymore than they will have trouble playing the game afterwards (in a general sense) in terms of a shooter it's really hard to find something to be competitive about other than stats

when people talk about KDR and throw out numbers, I just find it so funny (and sad).

I also find people with Platinum Trophies extremely funny.

this gen, its all very amusing to me, people these days are just so funny.

i played Vice City and San Andreas for years just for the fun of it back in the day LOL :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

There is nothing wrong with Platinuming games. It's a hobby, It gives you a challenge and something to do when playing a game, especially if its only a single player game with no MP like UC1. 

I played The Last of Us and it had simply an amazing campaign. I am going to eventually go back and platinum the game. Hell, if it wasn't for UC3, I would've already platinumed it.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 54 of 83 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2623 posts

Jan 10, 2014

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:
Here's one of the reasons for ridiculous UC3 fantasy KDRs: At launch, and for quite some time, kills and deaths used to count in both Plunder and Team Objectives. Before NDI patched that silly beaches would farm those modes for absurd KDRs by NOT playing the objective . Quits, yeah, but kill farming contributred a lot early on.

Pretty Much this! I know so many people with 50 - 100k kills on their stat card but their kills from TDM is around the 20 - 25k mark.

Message 55 of 83 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2623 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

wouldnt it be funny if there wer no stats at all in UC4, just think about it, people would have nothing to play for, it would be so funny.

There should be stats in UC4. A leaderboard isn't necessary.

Message 56 of 83 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 10, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Pretty Much this! I know so many people with 50 - 100k kills on their stat card but their kills from TDM is around the 20 - 25k mark.

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Pretty Much this! I know so many people with 50 - 100k kills on their stat card but their kills from TDM is around the 20 - 2

add me on psn! LIKEABAWS1996 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232319070.png
Message 57 of 83 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2623 posts

Jan 10, 2014

O.o 

Message 58 of 83 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2332 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

I also find people with Platinum Trophies extremely funny.

you trying to say something there buddy? :smileywink:

idk i like getting platinum trophies to challenge myself, not really to compete with anybody ... though saying that i haven't really meet anybody around the same amount as me other than on trophy related sites lol

and back on topic this "good player" topic is pretty subjective, there really isn't an accurate way to test if a player is good or not as everyone's definition of the term can be varied, thus leaving the entire decision totally based upon your own criteria ... my way is actually to play a few games with them, i've seen players be exceptional for both the best and for the worst (do a lot better than their stats suggest (improved greatly since they started playing, etc...) and play terrible for what their stats suggest (dependent on other players to get their stats higher, etc... ) )

i also saw that SteepMatt didn't think he was that great a few posts back o.O (sorry i'm a little late to the thread lol) ... but back when we played 3TDM together i thought we made a hell of a good team, granted we both had our off games, but usually i felt i was competing more with you on who would get the kills rather than worrying about how many kills the other teams were getting :smileylol:

Message 59 of 83 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13780 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

The secret is in the Win/Loss ratio. Not the Kill/Death Ratio imo.

I disagree. All WLR tells you is how much you play in parties. It has nothing to do with 'how good a player is'. 

KDR does that too. Just in the opposite direction. Play without parties, own n00bs alone - High KDR

Neither are really a measure of how good someone is, WLR can tell how good you play in a party though while KDR just tells how much someone leeches n00b kills.

I can agree to a certain extent, but I'd also like to ask you a question.

You're playing alone right now and you run into 3 other 'good' players and the rest are F2P.

Player 1 has a 1.90 KDR but an 8.00 WLR
Player 2 has a 3.50 KDR but a 2.00 WLR

Player 3 is on your team to make it even, dont worry about his stats

I know it usually depends on who the person is, but typically, which oponent will end up being the better player and which one will you have a bigger challenge against? 

KDR does tell us when we see a good player, but it does only to a certain extent. I always have more of a challenge with 1.75-4.00 KDR players than I do with 4.00+ Players (They're always too busy camping because they're worried about their stats). But I dunno, I guess that this is my opinion and my opinion might not match everyone else's.

To shorten everything I said, sure, I agree. Both WLR and KDR are innaccurate when it comes to who's a 'good player' and who's not but in the end KDR does a better job at it. (imo of course)

I don't even think any of them do a good job.

For example. If I play on my own my KDR goes up in a massive way because I'm not held back by the idea of teamwork. I know I pretty much have to go out there and do everything myself.

Quite often.. Because of how I operate in a team based environment I do well against the good players because they are also playing in a similar style to what I'm using. The old slow, map control idea which is used by a lot of good players is something I like to use.

I'd still rate WLR as more important than KDR. My KDR sucks I know. I sacrifice my KDR to play as part of a team. If I wanted to improve my KDR I'd play alone and take more losses.

Truth is KDR isn't important to me, for example Plunder or Team Objective, I'd take anyone who gets unluckies and loads of points/captures over someone who has a high KDR and minimal captures.

It seems to be the case with all players with high KDR's that you put them in a more extreme based team mode and they do nothing to help. They seem to be.. "What? I have to help you in this circle or move that treasure?" "You must be joking. I wont sacrifice my in game life for my team"

Sure it's beneficial to not die in TDM. But I'd say it's even more important to mark up those players, take your death and let your teammates deal with it.

I've not yet come across one player who had a high KDR and was even much better than me. I'm not great by any means these days But all I ever see is people who have high KDR's. walk in, get killed and quit.

Yeah my KDR is lower than theirs because I actually take my bad games too. About 2 years ago or so I'd leave if I saw a bad game coming. Now I really don't see what that achieves apart from making my stats look better than they are, My stats are not important to me, as someone who prefers WLR.. My value to the team is more important to me.

Doesn't happen often. Last week I went 3-9 or something. Someone with a 2+ KDR would have quit at 3 deaths most likely. Not all do but I very rarely see one stay.

As for the Red players, My first reaction to them would be (Rage Quitters)

Message 60 of 83 (200 Views)
0 Likes