May 03 2013
By: Redouanfaka Sackboy 466 posts
Accepted Solution

Got a question about stat hats.

10 replies 577 views Edited May 3, 2013
Can anyone explain every stat so that makes sense, I don't know half of what the stas are :smileysad:

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2720663337.png[/IMG][/URL]
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
309 posts

Re: Got a question about stat hats.

May 3, 2013

I don't know what they do either, but I found this old thread for you. It might help:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/DLC-Details/td-p/38026969

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (571 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17654 posts

May 3, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

I don't know what they do either, but I found this old thread for you. It might help:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/DLC-Details/td-p/38026969

The post you'll be looking for is the first reply to this thread. It's a good write-up of the stats, but it isn't quite complete because it only has the hats from when 1.13 launched.

What stats are you confused by exactly?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
309 posts

May 3, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

inigomontoya74 wrote:

The post you'll be looking for is the first reply to this thread. It's a good write-up of the stats, but it isn't quite complete because it only has the hats from when 1.13 launched.

What stats are you confused by exactly?

Make sure to scroll to the bottom of page 1 to view the villain stats, and go to page 2 for the custom hero/villain stat hats. And as DAG said, i don't think this lists everything. But at least it's a start.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

May 4, 2013
NO, I meaN the effect of the stats not the stat HATS.

What does heavy object do?
What does stopping power?
And so on...

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2720663337.png[/IMG][/URL]
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (532 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

May 4, 2013

Redouanfaka wrote:
Can anyone explain every stat so that makes sense, I don't know half of what the stas are :smileysad:

I can in but a few words; They don't do anything significant. Wear it because you like it. I doubt 5% will be a major factor in-game. Never used one, ever. And now that everyone has one, I can safely say that it hasn't resulted in me getting my butt kicked. I see no difference in a player with any stat hat vs a player without one.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

May 4, 2013

Redouanfaka wrote:

And so on...

Most of them are pretty self explanatory. Heavy object makes you run faster with heavy objects. (PAK-80, Riot Shield, Idol.)
Stopping power is the slow down of your character when you get hit by bullets. (F.E. the airplanes on the map Airstrip give massive stopping power but the AK-47 as well and is a great combo with this stat hat.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

May 4, 2013

Redouanfaka wrote:

And so on...

Off the top of my head (and in a small amount of order/large amount of chaos)...

General stats
  • Clip Size/Max Ammo/Reload Speed: Affects those aspects of all normal weapons (those that can be put in loadouts).
  • Blindfire Accuracy: The spread of gunfire when blindfiring.  Only affects normal weapons.
  • Aimed Movement Speed: Strafing.  Strafing speed with heavy objects, like the idol or PAK-80, is also influenced.
  • Stopping Power: The slowdown effect your weapons have when hitting players.
  • Regen Speed: The speed at which you recover health once you begin recovering.
  • Regen Delay: How much time must pass before health recovery can begin after being injured.  Positive Delay hats are still glitched, applying a negative effect with the same percentage impact.
  • Sprint Recovery: How quickly you recover energy with which to sprint.
Positive only stats
  • Cloaked: Enemy players cannot see your name.  Renders you immune to the same forms of "situational awareness" the booster of the same name protects you against.
  • Scope Zoom: Increases how far you zoom in when clicking the appropriate analog stick while aiming.
  • Scope Wobble: Usually called pain wobble, it's the circular motion your reticle involuntarily moves though when you take a hit from a bullet; lowering this effect both tightens the loop and shortens its duration.
  • Headshot Damage: Damage done by aimed headshots.  Shotguns, explosives, and blindfire cannot statistically perform headshots and receive no benefit.
  • Heavy Object Speed: Speed when moving with a PAK-80, idol, propane tank, or drawn Riot Shield.  Does not affect strafing.
  • Sound Made: Volume of sounds created by your character, such as those made by footsteps.  Does not affect voices or gunfire.
  • Call Out: Mimicks the weapon mod of the same name.  This effect applies no matter the weapon employed, though I'm uncertain if the same can be said for turrets.
  • Taunt Ammo: Gives you a clip of ammo for your currently drawn normal weapon whenever you taunt the body of someone you killed.  Stacks with Daredevil.
  • Kickback Duration: Extends the timed effect of your kickback.  Any kickback with an instant duration remains unchanged.
  • Power Hunter: Adds meters to how far you can see power weapon locations (indicated by their (bouncing) icon).  Can function independently of Power Hunter or be used to extend said booster's range.
  • X-Ray Meters: Adds meters to how far you can see enemy names through walls.  Works independently as a very small version of PING!, and also boosts the ranges of Come Here, For My Buddy, and the real PING! booster when available.  Gotcha and Let Me See have no known range limit and therefore are not (practically) affected.
Negative only stats
  • Aiming Accuracy: Boosts aim "assistance," hence the + sign.  This is deterimental mostly because the aim assist "field" is glitchy, often not working right when the target isn't at around the same height and stopping too early when it is.
  • Rate of Fire: Decreases the maximum speed at which your normal weapons can rapid fire (I don't think it affects power weapons anyway).  This is especially bad with the Para 9 and the FAL-SS, depending on how you typically use those weapons, since a lower rate of fire also means a lower jamming point.

Probably screwed something up because I didn't bother to boot the game up or even look up anything, but that should answer most questions.  I tried not to get too detailed/precise.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (392 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

May 4, 2013

I'm not entirely sure about similar stats, but clip size affects PWs as well. Obviously this won't have effect on most of them...but the mag and pak are the 2 it clearly affects. Giving the pak an empty area of ammo and not having to reload that extra bullet into the mag.

It would come to understand that similar stat hats to clip size will technically affect PWs as well, its just that ammo and clip size for PWs is so low already that the % is most likely rounded down to 0.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

May 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:
It would come to understand that similar stat hats to clip size will technically affect PWs as well, its just that ammo and clip size for PWs is so low already that the % is most likely rounded down to 0.

That and Reload Speed hats barely do anything; even at 15%, you're talking about a very small fraction of a second.  I'm pretty sure a human brain can't make use of the time reduction, or even notice the addition as a negative.  It's why I use the Raptor Mask in Co-op whenever I have access to it, as it gets me five additional seconds of Ao3 for a negative only someone TAS'ing Co-op 20 years from now has any reason to care about.

I did try to use the Space Helmet with the T-Bolt when I tested this stat out, since of all weapons, a RS hat would benefit it the most quite easily.  There was no observable difference like there was with the FAL and AK, so it probably doesn't affect power weapons (or affects them selectively, but since the T-Bolt isn't impacted, I see no reason to care).

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (342 Views)
0 Likes