First Son
27 posts

Hi ND, Here's my config:     PS3 Slim 120 Gb Firmware 3....

Nov 10, 2011

Hi ND,

Here's my config:

• PS3 Slim 120 Gb
  • Firmware 3.73
  • Uncharted 3 édition spéciale (France - FR)

***WARNING There can be spoilers in the text below **

I noticed a lot of technical problems in the singleplayer of the game. i'm playing in HD with a Sony Bravia.

First, there is a lot of aliasing compared to Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 1...espcially in enlightened spaces like in Yemen, in the desert or in the last chapter.

Next is the absence of the motion blur per object. may be the lot of aliasing is due to the absence of motion blur....

Then there are bugs like music stopping (cruise ship) and texture loading too late, resulting in we can see the low res texture and it's very aweful, like in the beginning in London Underground, check here:

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/u/n/uncharted-3-l-illusion-de-drake-playstation-3-ps3-131947330...

Also, some textures are very cheap, like those used for the fruits on the market in the Yemen or the car that make a hole in the cruise ship.

Finally, there are a lot of framerate drops resulting in games freezing about 1sec or less. It's not very important but still noticeable, and there is framerate drops throughout the whole game in almost all of the chapters....

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sound Issues - No voices or music only gun sound effects

Nov 10, 2011

I have a new (less than a week old) 320gb ps3. I updated Uncharted 3 to version 1.01 and now when I try to play the campaign the audio has stopped working. I managed to make it chapter 7 under version 1.00 without a hitch. But now I can only hear the gun shot sound effects during game play and cut scenes are silent. I know it's not an audio issue on the TV or playstation's part because other games work fine and I can still hear the gunshots. And yes in the audio options the voice volume, music volume, etc. are turned all the way up. 

I can't seem to find anyone else with a similar issue, does anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Update problems

Nov 10, 2011

Ever since the patch 1.01 multiplayer wont load.  It comes up with the message ERROR AUTHENTICATION FAILED.  So i cant play multiplayer.  Also in campaign it glitches everytime so i fall through the floor and die, then it brings up a loading screen and it never loads so i have to turn it off and try again.  So now im unable to even play one of my favorite games.  None of this happened before the patch. Please fix this. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

SONY PLAYSTATION 3 MODEL: 160GB PS3 SLIM  FIRMWARE VERSIO...

Nov 11, 2011

SONY PLAYSTATION 3 MODEL: 160GB PS3 SLIM 

FIRMWARE VERSION: 3.73 -Current- 

Region of PS 3: USA 

Region of U3 Disk: Not sure, but there's a half globe with ALL on it. 

Modded Harddrive: None, hard drive is stock. 

What I've done so far: Day one when U3 came out, I got the game and encountered perhaps the hugest graphical error of the century. Thinking it was the disk, I go back to GameStop and exchange it for a whole new copy. Take it home, try it, same problem. Which proves it isn't console related but game related. 

The Problem: Game loads up fine, the problem is in the opening movie: The movie its self slows down, stutters, is choppy, freezes, pauses while the audio goes out of sync for two seconds then also freezes. I have to push START to get the graphics to catch up to the audio and thinking that fixed it, I resume the game only to have the problem continue and be so bad that it has made the game unplayable for me! I paid 60.00 dollars for a game I cannot even play due to the problem being so horrible it pretty much ruins the mood and experience. I tried a File restoration, then a hard drive restoration thinking perhaps it is my console, problem continues. Deleted the game data, still continues. This problem is a programming error and the only way its going to be fixed is with a major patch. As it stands, U3 is in my game drawer and remains unplayed due to the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Chapter 4 Bug

Nov 11, 2011

System : 320Gb Slimline

Firmware : latest update (3.73)

Region : 4 

Uncharted 3 Special Edition Disc

The bug I found... 

Chapter 4, in the garage (thru the green roller door)

I got up to the pressure pads after examining the tyre tread maks on the floor.

after a short fmv of everyone standing on a seperate tile, i am prmoted to hit the x button in time with the others to trigger something with the pads I assume.

******At this point in the game Drake stares at the wall and nothing happens.****

I am able to 'look around' the room but not able to move off the pressure tile.

The other three are not frozen, their body language effects are showing but no one is moving oof their spots on the tiles.

I left it for 5 minutes before trying to save and re-do chapter. The save got to 60% stopped. hit the PS button and quit game. this reset the PS3 which corrupted the new save game.

Once i reloaded the game I tried reloading the 'good' savegame....the spinning ring graffic came up and had music in the background for about 30 secs then the audi stopped and just had a spinning ring graffic for 5 minutes.

I then reset the ps3, reloaded the game again - this time I re-play the whole 4th chapter from the beginning. Only to have the same thing happen once i hit the x button to jump on the pressure tile in the garage scene.

Hope thats enough info   : )

onther than this...AWESOME!!!! game

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Game doesn't save game options

Nov 11, 2011

Problem

Game doesn't save game options.

Quick Description:

- If you change the Audio Options or Language, next time when you boot the game the settings are back to default (Audio) or previous choosen language.

Hardware

- PS3 Slim CECH-20001A (2009)

- Upgraded 320GB HDD.

- Firmware 3.73.

- Region US

- Code BCUS-98233

How to reproduce

Audio - I have and use the Sony Official Wireless Stereo Headset to play the game, if you set Dolby Pro Logic II, Linear PCM 5.1, Stereo Headphones or if you change the Central Speaker size and Dynamic Range, etc. When you boot the game next time the settings are set back to default.

Output: Linear PCM 7.1

Center Speaker Size: Small

Dynamic Range: Default

Language - I have 3 saves that I use to beat the game with this settings:

Text: Português Brasileiro (Brazillian Portuguese)

Subtitles: Português Brasileiro (Brazillian Portuguese)

Speech: English

If I change this settings back to default and exit, next time I boot the game the language are back to Brazillian Portuguese. My PS3 System Language are set to English.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Problem Drake get stuck inside a invisible wall at the la...

Nov 11, 2011

Problem

Drake get stuck inside a invisible wall at the last boss fight.

Quick Description:

- If the last boss hit Drake or twist his arm at the location of the picture, Drake det stuck inside there and there is no way out

Hardware

- PS3 Slim CECH-20001A (2009)

- Upgraded 320GB HDD.

- Firmware 3.73.

- Region US

- Code BCUS-98233

How to reproduce

- Fight the last boss at that area, if Drake get hit he will get stuck.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

I managed to get pass the problem, I deleted the game dat...

Nov 11, 2011

Hunter_Holste wrote:

Lock-Up in Chapter 21 as soon as I press the lever that releases the water. Music continues to play, amber activity light blinks. Happens everytime.

MGS4 Bundle 80GB PS3
Firmware 3.73

Region A

I managed to get pass the problem, I deleted the game data, and ignored the patch. Great game, great ending. I just wish there were SP bonuses :/

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

A couple glitches that would be great if you could fix

Nov 11, 2011

THe game is amazing but has a couple glitches that are annyoing. IF you play splitscreen and both people pick costume characters it makes both people look the same. Sometimes you wear things you have not bought yet. Also in story mode sometimes when dirt is falling (ex: in chauteua) the dirt looks unfinished if you know what i mean the effect looks stretched. Please fix thes bugs.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Gun sound animations don't always work for example when y...

Nov 11, 2011

edit: sorry posted in the wrong section!

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 103 (261 Views)
0 Likes