Sackboy
480 posts

Excessive ghosting in 3D, whenever I try playing Uncharte...

Nov 12, 2011

Excessive ghosting in 3D, whenever I try playing Uncharted 3 with 3D. Uncharted 3 has excessive ghosting at all varying degrees of 3D strenght and so far it is the only 3D game that  forces me to go into my 3DTV's settings and mess around in order to slightly improve the ghosting (Setting being 3D Depth Adjusment and setting it to +1 helped improved the ghosting a bit).

PS3 Slim 640 GB (but originally 320 GB).

Firmware 3.73
BCUS  98233F
3DTV: Sony Bravia HX800

Message 21 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Near the end of Uncharted 3 (Already in the Atlantis of t...

Nov 12, 2011

Near the end of Uncharted 3 (Already in the Atlantis of the Sands) there is a graphical bug that occurs when you pan the camera around in which some of the buildings become black boxes, but it eventually returns to its original form although it alternates at times.

During the stealth section with Charlie Cutter, he will eventually go on cover and get stuck there until you find the very last guy which is really hard to spot (had to go around the entire level to find him). The game doesn't tell you that there is still one guy remaining which makes him unstuck. Moreover, the stealth section with Elena has two guards standing by each other and they will not move even after you've knocked out everyone else. I've noticed that at one time that they began investigating and thus moved, but this only took place once.

PS3 Slim 640 GB (but originally 320 GB).

Firmware 3.73
BCUS  98233F

Message 22 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Caravan - Freezes

Nov 13, 2011
We have been having some serious issues with the game. There were a number of minor glitches and hiccups through out, but now in chapter 20, caravan, there are very serious problems. Both my son and I experienced issues about 3/4 of the way through the chapter with scenery and characters not being as they should - no desert, 1/2 horses, horses and trucks floating. pieces of trucks floating and more. About 87 and 88 percent through - before and after Sully's rescue but mostly after the game goes to a black screen - with and with out sound and or spinning ring. We have both tried numerous fixes, save, chapter starts, deletions, and restarts with the same results when we get to the same place, though they may manifest themselves in a slightly different manner. Always the game will freeze/lock and progress no farther. We have never had any issues with any other games, including U1 and U2. I since tried another game and had no issue with it, but continued with the U3 problems after.
Message 23 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Singleplayer Bugs:

Nov 13, 2011

1. Got caught between the hand-hold and the giant rotating gear you're supposed to grab on to towards the end of the final chapter. Had to restart checkpoint.

2. In Syria Cutter's lines are often out of sync. Specifically: in 'The Middle Way' Nate: 'don't let 'em touch you' Cutter:  'really' and Cutter: 'right, it's all clear...' after the Sniper vs RPG section.

3. In Cartegena, while following Sully through a marketplace, Sully will often get stuck on a crowd of people. The walk animation continued but he doesn't move.

These are very minor bugs I found after 6 playthroughs. So great job, amazing game, just wanted to bring these to your attention for the sake of making the game even better!

320Gb PS3 Slim 

Version 1.01

Uncharted 3 Region 3

Message 24 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Character skin bugs/flaws

Nov 13, 2011

When using some of the female character skins (in MP) I'm seeing a graphical flaw where their left hand/wrist deforms or the texture from their clothes collides with their skin. This happens after aiming with a long gun, swaping to the left shoulder view and then strafing side to side (especially to the left).

Sometimes their (left) wrist will become very tiny and then get bigger as you move or I'll see texture clipping near their hand. Winter Elena is by far the worst, it looks like her left hand and wrist are connected by a stick. I went back on U2 and they looked normal in that game. Can't really tell if this is happening with the male characters because they have bigger shoulders that block your view.

Hope this can be fixed.

System-

120gig slim

current on all updates/firmware

standard USA U3 edition disc

played both betas

BCUS 98233

Message 25 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Ghosting

Nov 13, 2011

ocurs in many levels on any tv seting in non 3d =D the game has ghosting yay =D its not noticible exept in syria , every body has an aura 

Message 26 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Game Breaking Bug at "Abducted"

Nov 14, 2011

On the "Abducted" chapter, after beating all of the guys in the fistfight at the bottom of the freighter and climbing toward the top of the room, I'm unable to jump from the metal platform (after climbing the yellow ladder) onto the metal chain. 

I tried restarting at chapter 12, and even at chapter 11.  Still gets stuck at the same spot.  I would restart the entire game, but i don't want to replay to this level just to get stuck here again.

Anyone else have this problem? 

FWIW if anyone at naughty dog is reading this, I have a PS3 solely for the Uncharted series.  It's pretty frustrating to see a bug of this magnitude, especially when I have only about 3-4 hours a week to game (and so many other AAA titles out there to play).  Will probably sell PS3 and uncharted series if this doesn't get resolved (don't know if that makes a difference to these guys, or if they even care about my problem).

Thanks everyone.

Message 27 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Game Breaking Bug at "Abducted" - System Info

Nov 14, 2011

Newest firmware version

Regular edition game

120 gb fat ps3

Message 28 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Technical Issues.

Nov 14, 2011

Hi Zod5000,

The game for me has the following problems:

(1) cut scene frozen throughout the game.

(2) fight scene lag, slow motion

(3) graphic glitches, car with only have wheels. background will gone blank.

(4) game bug, game cannot progress, door won't open, etc

(5) audio (sound) kept on breaking.

too much problems, I exchanged my dscs for a new one it's the same thing.

PS3 slim - 120 gb version (modded to 500gb western digital 5400rpm)

Firmwire version 3.73.

ALL region

Thanks.

Kinaru

Message 29 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Audio glitches

Nov 14, 2011
I have a brand new 120g slim model and the issues Ive been having happen randomly in the game but don't begin until the shipyard. The entire sound cuts out for a few seconds and then comes back Its not a game breaker but it is annoying. This happens a few times a game
Message 30 of 105 (388 Views)
0 Likes