First Son
2 posts

Savegames from different profiles got intermixed

Nov 28, 2011

Two profiles - one PSN, one local only.

Between profile switches, game was not active.

Played on PSN account. Saved, various saved files.

Switched for other player to local account, various saved file.

Logged in with PSN account, started Uncharted. - Uncharted wanted to update to 1.02 (from 1.01)

After update, in the PSN account suddenly at least one save game from the local account appeared as the last active saved game in the PSN account.

Playstation Slim US - latest firmware (as of 11/27/2011).

This is a pretty bad bug since it could potentially make people "lose" their whole playthrough in their account since it will be overwritten in the other account.

Message 61 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

System: -120GB slim -To my knowlege, I'm up-to-date on...

Nov 28, 2011

System:

-120GB slim
-To my knowlege, I'm up-to-date on all updates/firmware
-The region is USA

Issues:

-There are two parts where I am having trouble with in-game cinematics.  The first part is in Syria after you first meet back up with Chloe and Cutter.  You go up the steps and an in-game cinematic triggers where you talk about taking thugs out and then move in a direction.  My first playthrough and not my second, the character froze and slide instead of animating and walking at the very end.  The second part is in Ubar when you find the crate with the explosives pistol.  Again, characters froze and slide.  This happened on both playthroughs.

-After the plane crashes and you walk towards the wreckage, it's supposed to fade to white and begin the cutscene.  Mine glitches as it does so and sort of pixelates this weird green color on the screen.  It does not transition smoothly.

-In Yemen at the cog puzzle, it does not seem to operate properly anymore.  The first time worked perfectly, and every other time after (I've done the puzle two more times), the dialogue isn't playing out.  Nothing more is said after Elena says something about another cog being on that ledge.  Also, the icon for the journal isn't coming up, so I have to press select and flip through the pages myself.  This does not bother me as much as the fact that I feel like I'm being cheated out of dialogue.  For instance, Drake doesn't say anything about the optical illusion as he is shimmying across the bar to get the cog.  It's weird.

-Melee can get really weird if you run into steps.  I was having trouble at the pirate ship graveyard.  I keep fighting people and then they back up onto one step and then you can't hit them anymore.

-I feel like during some of the gunfights, if I die enough, the chapter restarts at a point that cuts out some of the gameplay.  In the plane, I kept dying, and then right when it loads back up, the hole opens up and sucks everyone out.  Also, that part in the settlement where there's a car with a machine gunner on a platform and you need to shoot the pillars under it to make it collapse and fall, I died a couple times and then it reloaded and the platform had already fallen and I had nothing to do about it.  But that part was really fun the first time I played through, I wanted to do it again on my second playthrough so I was dissapointed it like skipped it.

I hope this helps and that some of it can be fixed!  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game!  I just wanted to voice some of the issues I had.  Thank you for your time!
Message 62 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Launch 60GB unit All firmware up to date, etc.   This may...

Nov 28, 2011

Launch 60GB unit

All firmware up to date, etc.

This may technically be both a performance issue, and a game bug issue, but based on the interview I read, it's a game code issue.

The game has crashed every single time I've tried to sit down and play it. A few times, instead of a cinematic triggering as it should, the game just goes black and crashes. Trying to quit the game or shut the the system off through the XMB causes it to just hang with the lights on the system blinking.

The last time I tried, textures stopped loading, and I walked into a hallway and absolutely nothing was loaded. Just all empty space. Again, trying to quit the game or shut the system off through the XMB caused the same problem.

Based on the interview, I'm guessing the issue is caused by the fact that I'm playing the game on a launch/"phat" unit, an issue with the game the interview implied was taken care of.

From what I've been reading on the forums, though, it's been almost a month since release, and people are still having the exact same problem and there hasn't been any attempt at a fix, or even an acknowledgement of an issue, so I guess this post is just one more voice in a crowd to be ignored.

Message 63 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Chapter 19

Nov 28, 2011

120 gb slim

Up to date firmware

US Region

When Salim comes to "rescue" Nate, all the enemies suddenly die/ disappear without any of Salim's men firing any shots. It appears as though they are killed by Salim but the absence of gunshots drives me crazy.

Message 64 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

weird bug after new 1.02 update...

Nov 28, 2011

60 gb launch

all firmware up to date

US Region

Recently I finished the game twice. The second playthrough was mostly about getting all the treasures while also getting w/e trophies I can along the way.  Then just started going through the game during certain parts for specific Trophies. Yesterday or the day before (Not sure, but definitely before the Update) I was going through the game and managed to kill 4 riot shield guys before getting tired and turning the system off. When I went back to play again today and updating the game, my game is stuck on those 4 kills.No matter how many riot shield guys I kill, or on what difficulty, it won't go up in order for me to get the Riot Rocker Trophy. It really sucks that i've got 3 trophies left to get my first ever platinum but i cant do it if the game has left me stuck here. 

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem too after the update?

Some Fear Death,
Others pray for_it
-Silent Hill 2-
Message 65 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

"Ghosting" effect when the game is in 3D

Nov 28, 2011

Graphic issue preventing me from playing the game:

There is a "ghosting" effect when the game is in 3D. The images are doubled. Looks like a slightly visible, shifted contour lines, and they are everywhere.
That's a very annoying ghosting effect and it can be seen in all cutscenes and in the game.
The more 3D STRENGTH ( in game's display options) is set, the more ghosting, and the worse the 3D effect is!
That's a huge load on my eyes! I can't play this game in 3D. I'm really disappointed. :smileysad: Please fix it ASAP.

My hardware :
PS3 Slim: 250GB CECH-2008B ; PAL ; C ; 5 (the latest firmware 3.72 is installed)
TV : Sony KDL-40LX900 (the latest firmware PKG4.099EUD-0108 is installed)
Glasses : TDG-BR100 (SONY's original)
Cable : HDMI 1.4 (3D ready) 

Game :
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Explorers Edition.
 BCES 01175/S RUS; region 5.
The latest update 1.02  is installed.
Message 66 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

PROBLEMS WITH MULTYPLAYER'S PARTY MAKING AND FINDING GAME LONG TIME LAPSE.

Nov 29, 2011

I had been experienceing issues with party making and matchmaking lobbies at the time of 12 a.m. but now its all the time.  I dont know if it has to do with the servers in my area cause my internet connection is good and i can play and make parties easily with no problems.I Live in San Juan, Puerto Rico and i dont know if the Carribean servers are having problems at this same time but i am,the matchmaking lobbies take to much time to find a game and when i try to join a party or invite friends the message (unable to join party) appears. How can you fix it? Is it a servers bug?an error? i need help, im a big fan of your game's multiplayer but it's no fun not being able to play it while everybody else does. 

Message 67 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

riot rocker bug fixed

Nov 30, 2011

deleted and reinstalled update file and it started working again. 

Some Fear Death,
Others pray for_it
-Silent Hill 2-
Message 68 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Has anyone else seen this visual glitch?   I don't what i...

Nov 30, 2011

Has anyone else seen this visual glitch?   I don't what is causing it and I haven't seen other people complaining about it.   It is easily huge enough that if it was common it would be a massive issue here on the forums...

So um, I'm seeing large white blocks... tons of them, flash all over the screen.   Blinding and irritating!   Little white squares in the mix as well but just tons of white blaring blocks all over the screen SP and MP; Pause screen and main menu.   My TV or PS3 has never done this with anything at all before.

I have a 250gb slim PS3.

Uncharted 3 collectors edition.

Game and PS3 are up to date.

JVC Projection Television HD-61FN97.

Please respond to me on this.   Do you have any idea what could be causing this?   I have seen it in the summer Beta, the Subway MP and the retail now.   Sometimes it doesn't do it for days but when it does it will go on for about a minute or two and it is horrible!

I'll try to upload a video later but it is quite random.   I saw it again this evening after an absence of a few weeks.

EDIT:   Oh hey JS413.   You seem to be having a very similar problem.   Mine isn't rectangle shaped and mine flashes in random areas but it's something like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more drastic nerfs please. Just buff the AK and buff the M9 *very slightly*headshot wise and we have achieved balance.

*Please note that I say "No more 'drastic' nerfs"* I am unopposed to a RoF MOD decrease or removal Smiley Happy
Message 69 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

settings dont save

Nov 30, 2011

after 1.02 patch (and before)

settings still do not save

every time i start the game i have to adjust sensitivity, adjust audio sliders, adjust gamma, adjust shoulder swap...

really annoying

ps3slim 160 gig

stock hdd

firmware 3.73

USA region

Message 70 of 105 (333 Views)
0 Likes