Treasure Hunter
5191 posts

Re: HARDCORE bring it baaack!!

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

I'll be honest, I didn't like hardcore mode. I found it very boring. Plus that mode I would consider to be a niché mode.

Plus the only reason ND included it was to try make the Uncharted 2 veterans happy at the beginning of the Summer Beta ... they weren't happy with it and pushed for classic mode hence, we got classic mode.

I'd play Classic Mode over Hardcore mode any day. I enjoy it far more. It's a breath of fresh air to me over TDM.

Message 21 of 35 (215 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I liked HC health, but I understand that most Uncharted vets don't like that. Just like COD vets don't like normal (1.04) Uncharted health.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 35 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 23, 2012
^ Your all-competitive playlist. Smiley Very Happy
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 35 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

stayFROST-E wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
crushing is the new hardcore just remove powerplays and kickbacks and it would be great

Well, crushing had less health and hardcore had more so... not really the same. Although, I did really like the crushing lab and hated hardcore. So I'm fine with that. 

Well for me crushing having less health is the real hardcore.

I want crushing with no boosters, kickbacks, mods, powerplays and most of all no power weapons.

I didn't like hardcore because it had power weapons.

But only as a gamemode on its own got that ND.

Message 24 of 35 (193 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Dec 23, 2012

tack129 wrote:

I'll be honest, I didn't like hardcore mode. I found it very boring. Plus that mode I would consider to be a niché mode.

Plus the only reason ND included it was to try make the Uncharted 2 veterans happy at the beginning of the Summer Beta ... they weren't happy with it and pushed for classic mode hence, we got classic mode.

I'd play Classic Mode over Hardcore mode any day. I enjoy it far more. It's a breath of fresh air to me over TDM.

did you play hardcore mode in the beta - it was grrreat!!!! - much better than the launch game.

anyways what Nd should do is change standard TDM to be more like hardcore.

- it should basically be = hardcore mode with standard TDM health (but keep melee a 3 hit kill), boosters and weapon mods on.

i.e. its standard TDM without all the crap (no powerplays or kickbacks).

classic and crushing would be two separate modes - crushing should stay as it is but remove powerplays

Message 25 of 35 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Hardcore with crushing health would be awesome.

Tap's All Competitive would be great too.
Message 26 of 35 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Hardcore with crushing health would be awesome.

Tap's All Competitive would be great too.

why not just crushing mode as it was (with no power weapons) and change it to have no powerplays, no kickbacks, no weapon mods. boosters would be fine imo, no paid boosters or stat hats though.

hardcore with normal weapon damage )i.e. keep the 3 hit melee) would also be good

Message 27 of 35 (165 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Go for the all competitive. That way everyone gets something.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 28 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5191 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Blennerville wrote:

tack129 wrote:

did you play hardcore mode in the beta - it was grrreat!!!! - much better than the launch game.

anyways what Nd should do is change standard TDM to be more like hardcore.

- it should basically be = hardcore mode with standard TDM health (but keep melee a 3 hit kill), boosters and weapon mods on.

i.e. its standard TDM without all the crap (no powerplays or kickbacks).

classic and crushing would be two separate modes - crushing should stay as it is but remove powerplays

I did play hardcore mode in the Summer Beta. I still didn't like it. If anything I still found it incredibly boring. Not to mention that it was just frustrating due to the type of players in that mode.

Also I doubt ND is going to strip out TDM and replace it with something that half-assed. I would go off and play classic if I wanted that.

Message 29 of 35 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1590 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Hardcore mode is gone?

It's really been too long sice I've played this...

Message 30 of 35 (122 Views)
0 Likes