Do you mean 
Survivor
2216 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90 kudo's, Eric replied

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

i do hate stoping power thats why I BF

Haha, I checked your stats and I can totally see why you defend blindfire.

Your stats:

Total kills: 29,207

Commando Medals: 2794

Fisticuffs: 3582 (steel fister)

Spray and pray: 1734

Head Hunters: 0

The Long Ranger: 0

Total headshots: 38

T-bolt Kills: 242

Dragon Sniper kills: 141

Sawed off-shotgun kills: 1,524

Sas-12: 853

Arm Micro: 4,324

Fal-SS: 32

G-mal: 560

AK 47: 2,101

M9: 3,948

Kal-7: 6,886

You already said you blindfired but this is more like blindfiring all day, if a gun can't blindfire you abrely have any kills with it.

Signature02.png

Message 441 of 1,608 (283 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Coop Vs Competitive

Feb 17, 2013

EXPOSED!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Steven1379 wrote:

Thanks for confessing your bias. :smileyhappy:

That's why ND should ignore biased people like you...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 442 of 1,608 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Feb 17, 2013
and the comprimise = not a direct nerf to blindfire but rather a ruduction in movement speed while blindfiring (while holding down R1) - say a further 10 - 15 % reduction in speed when you run n gun.

and make melee a 3 hit kill would help a lot imo since most of the blindfire kills are a combo with melee.
Message 443 of 1,608 (256 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18754 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

Your stats:

You already said you blindfired but this is more like blindfiring all day, if a gun can't blindfire you abrely have any kills with it.

My Sides

Message 444 of 1,608 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Feb 17, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

EXPOSED!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Steven1379 wrote:

Thanks for confessing your bias. :smileyhappy:

That's why ND should ignore biased people like you...

That makes no sense actually, he hates stopping power because he blindfires. Not the other way around. Like I said earlier.

Signature02.png

Message 445 of 1,608 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
and the comprimise = not a direct nerf to blindfire but rather a ruduction in movement speed while blindfiring (while holding down R1) - say a further 10 - 15 % reduction in speed when you run n gun.

and make melee a 3 hit kill would help a lot imo since most of the blindfire kills are a combo with melee.

I would hate it if they reduced the movement speed while blindfiring. It's just going to make a clunky game, clunkier. Blindfire is an important aspect to this game, like it or not. Easily 50% of why blindfiring is effective is because of sprint (which NeVeO wrote a great thread about). Another 20% is lag related (steel fist, teleporting melee. You guys get the idea.) The other 30% is the actual blindfiring mechanics. 

1) Sprint.   It puts you in a position in which it is almost necessary to use blindfire. I don't sprint blindly into situations so that is why I rarely blindfire, but if I did I would understand why people do it. I think sprint needs to be nerfed significantly so that people think twice about kamikaze-ing in there. It should in no way, ever, be used as an offensive technique (people think BF is being used as an offensive technique, but I think it's mostly the sprint being used). The turn radius and recharge time should be nerfed.

2) Lag    Teleporting steel fist, nuf' said. 

3) BF Mechanics.      I would much prefer a hipfire system  (every other game ever) over a blindfire system (annnnnnnnnd Uncharted), but ND would never do it. So I think a compromise is in order. What should happen is that it is lock-on, but the effectiveness of the lock-on is directly proportional to the proximity to the aim-dot in the middle of the screen (and distance to target of course). So you still are rewarded for aiming your "hipfire" but as a last resort you can just throw some bullets at the closest person to you. And sure BF in general should be nerfed. 

Hipfiring in other games is stategic. You gain mobility for a loss in accuracy, then you can evade their fire then get them while they've lost you . In uncharted it's used as a play-style, and that's just ridiculous. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 446 of 1,608 (227 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5986 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I still think the best thing to do is just limit blindfire to only the kal and micro. I mean people say that blindfire is rampant in this game, but how often do you see either of those guns (outside of TO) used by people and be used effectively? It's pretty silly that people would rather blindfire with the para and M9.

have the blindfire be effective on those guns with the sacrifice of damage, accuracy, and range overall. Since they are the 2 weakest guns in the game and have shaky recoil.

photo Sniper.png
Message 447 of 1,608 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013
@ stayFROST-E

I would hate it if they reduced the movement speed while blindfiring. It's just going to make a clunky game, clunkier. Blindfire is an important aspect to this game, like it or not. Easily 50% of why blindfiring is effective is because of sprint (which NeVeO wrote a great thread about). Another 20% is lag related (steel fist, teleporting melee. You guys get the idea.) The other 30% is the actual blindfiring mechanics. 

1) Sprint.   It puts you in a position in which it is almost necessary to use blindfire. I don't sprint blindly into situations so that is why I rarely blindfire, but if I did I would understand why people do it. I think sprint needs to be nerfed significantly so that people think twice about kamikaze-ing in there. It should in no way, ever, be used as an offensive technique (people think BF is being used as an offensive technique, but I think it's mostly the sprint being used). The turn radius and recharge time should be nerfed.

2) Lag    Teleporting steel fist, nuf' said. 

3) BF Mechanics.      I would much prefer a hipfire system  (every other game ever) over a blindfire system (annnnnnnnnd Uncharted), but ND would never do it. So I think a compromise is in order. What should happen is that it is lock-on, but the effectiveness of the lock-on is directly proportional to the proximity to the aim-dot in the middle of the screen (and distance to target of course). So you still are rewarded for aiming your "hipfire" but as a last resort you can just throw some bullets at the closest person to you. And sure BF in general should be nerfed. 

Hipfiring in other games is stategic. You gain mobility for a loss in accuracy, then you can evade their fire then get them while they've lost you . In uncharted it's used as a play-style, and that's just ridiculous.

i will say it again - forget about the blindfire auto lock-on that will not be changed now - it is too big and long a fix - it will not be done at this stage, nor should it they wast all their time trying to fix this now.

i will also say this again; sprint is not the issue with blindfire - it contributes to the AMOUNT of blindfire rushers but it has nothing to do with the actua effectiveness of blindfire.
believe it or not - the summer beta had more blindfire than we currently do - sprint which was then balanced had little to do all the blindfire then.

Comprimise - you cant have it 100% your own way

i just dont get it, you dont like blindfire ?? - yet you dont want people who run n gun to be slowed down ??

blindfire would still be effective in close range - its accuracy or lock-on wouldnt be effected and it would still reward kills but only in real CQC, - you just would not be able to follow people around corners running n gunning and get the kill. - slow and clunky ?? it would only slow you down if you are trying to run while holding down R1 (running n gunning) - thats seems fair to me. you sure you dont like blindfire ??

its either this solution or a huge increase in SP (which doesnt really do anything to solve blindfire, just combats it with another mechanic which in itsself is an issue)

Message 448 of 1,608 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

Your stats:

gif-picard-clapping.gif

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 449 of 1,608 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Feb 17, 2013

_proxy-3.gif

Message 450 of 1,608 (156 Views)
0 Likes