Treasure Hunter
5277 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90+ kudo's, Eric replied

Mar 2, 2013

wait, did I just read that it should take skill to achieve fun in this game?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 571 of 1,608 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2834 posts

Mar 2, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

wait, did I just read that it should take skill to achieve fun in this game?

yeah, I messed up that post a bit... I meant to say that no skill crap like hipfire is the main tactic used in the game, so people that actually want to aim and kill with skill can't do that, for many people satisfaction (or fun or whatever you want to call it) lies in being good and taking someone out with skill, personally I don't find it funny to just hold R1 and pray (and I don't even need to pray because I will get the kill anyway), but headshotting a running guy with a sniper or making a stealth kill or a bbq takes skill and I have fun doing those things, sadly I can't do that much because sniping is dangerous due to the overpowered hipfire, when a stealth kill fails I get hipfired-whack-'n-rolled and when I want to throw a bbq I am dead before throwing it also due to hipfire, do you get the point? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 572 of 1,608 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5277 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Though I still agree on the fact that something should be done. I still see it as HIGHLY exaggerated that blindfire is a giant epidemic taking over the entire game...

Sniping is still very effective in the game as blindfire can do nothing to a faraway sniper. As well as stealth, but the fact that stealth takes place in CQC; it is oddly labeled as a cheap tactic associated with blindfire anyway... Blindfire is just that though, only effective in CQC and nothing more and if people manage to flank and get close enough to blindfire; then that kinda covers the stealth aspect of the game which is a legitimate tactic, but a wary player can easily take out a flanker if they pay attention.

As for bbq, if someone is close enough to you when you are throwing a propane tank at him to blindfire, wouldn't that end up killing you as well?

Though I have my problems with blindfire as well, mine being the M9 and para are the problem, I still highly disregard it as a crazy OP mechanic that everybody uses.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 573 of 1,608 (203 Views)
Survivor
2665 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

blindfire and melee and sprinting + steelfisting together is a giant epidemic (when you look at them all together).
blindfire is the biggest part of the problem, melee and lag n roll is a big problem on its own, when added to blindfire running n gunning i.e. steelfisting its multiplies the problem by 2 or even more.
sprinting facilates the complete overuse of blindfire and steelfisting, and in its current state it only encourages further use of blindfire + steelfisting and therefore sprinting only serves to throw gas on an already out of control fire (blindfire :smileytongue:).

they need to implement a further slow down of 10% while running n gunning, and melee needs to be a 3 hit kill (wheather that be 33.34%-49%).

sprint regeneration/recovery time should be at least 250% of what it currently is (> the negative booster) and the amount you can turn while sprinting should be reduced by a further 35-40%
solve the problem, dont throw a blanket over it.

further action:
the Gmal should have its recoil lowered halfway between the level it is now and pre 1.13.

the dragons recoil should also be lowered and its crosshairs should completely reset after a shot, its aim assist should also be lowered. - basically it should be the summer beta dragon.

the FAL needs its recoil lowered by at least 50% so that it competes in some of the same areas as the Gmal/m9.

Please use plain text.
Message 574 of 1,608 (196 Views)
Fender Bender
2834 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

blindfire and melee and sprinting + steelfisting together is a giant epidemic (when you look at them all together).
blindfire is the biggest part of the problem, melee and lag n roll is a big problem on its own, when added to blindfire running n gunning i.e. steelfisting its multiplies the problem by 2 or even more.
sprinting facilates the complete overuse of blindfire and steelfisting, and in its current state it only encourages further use of blindfire + steelfisting and therefore sprinting only serves to throw gas on an already out of control fire (blindfire :smileytongue:).

they need to implement a further slow down of 10% while running n gunning, and melee needs to be a 3 hit kill (wheather that be 33.34%-49%).

sprint regeneration/recovery time should be at least 250% of what it currently is (> the negative booster) and the amount you can turn while sprinting should be reduced by a further 35-40%
solve the problem, dont throw a blanket over it.

further action:
the Gmal should have its recoil lowered halfway between the level it is now and pre 1.13.

the dragons recoil should also be lowered and its crosshairs should completely reset after a shot, its aim assist should also be lowered. - basically it should be the summer beta dragon.

the FAL needs its recoil lowered by at least 50% so that it competes in some of the same areas as the Gmal/m9.

agreed, but there is another problem:

you were giving icescream to people who kudoed the first post, now guess what, they kudoed the first post, then took the icescream, and then removed the kudo! it's certainly a cruel world we live in! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 575 of 1,608 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 4, 2013

"Bump" Just thought I'd leave this up there.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 576 of 1,608 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 5, 2013

wait, did eric actually reply blindfire isn't a widespread problem???????????????????? Just pathetic man. this just proves that  naughty dog actually likes the concept of people NOT aiming and geting a lot of kills and they're probably one of those n00bs

Please use plain text.
Message 577 of 1,608 (130 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Mar 5, 2013

For the love of what is good, look at pretty much every vid on youtube from the "pros"/Clanbattles, 1v1's.
What are you not seeing?
The abuse of sprint as soon as someone shoots at you, hide behind a corner and then rush them while blindifiring before finishing them off with a wack'n'roll?

Saying that "If you allowed another person to get that close to you...you deserver to be blindifred" is plain ignorant.
If the guns actually had some decent stopping power, you would be exposed for the lack of skill you truly have.

So many players are running around in the OPEN, completely aware of the fact that they can sprint away from pretty much everything. The rest can be dealt by pressing UP on your d-pad.

In any other game you would be punished for running around like a headless chicken, but not in this game.
What happened to map awareness, aiming down your sights (the game itself promotes it, haha) and moving with caution.

The thing is that this game has so many 11-16 year olds playing it...guys who lack the ability to think tactical.
The same guys who ruined this game by making it into an e-**bleep** conest where the one with the highest kdr wins.

It's these players who ruined this game by abusing everything they could, but it was ND who handed them the tools.
I admire you guys for still trying to get ND to change this to the better, but it's a lost cause.

The guys behind Uncharted 3's multiplayer should never be allowed to touch another one, ever.

Please use plain text.
Message 578 of 1,608 (124 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5277 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Well if you didn't notice, this isn't meant to be a tactical shooter.

Please use plain text.
Message 579 of 1,608 (120 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Not a clown fest either filled with laggy 3rd world kids.
Your point is?

Please use plain text.
Message 580 of 1,608 (115 Views)