Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 115 **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Mar 11, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

megamurle wrote:

I understand what you mean.  I'm not saying that this isn't representative of the community, but to put emphasis on the number of Kudos and correlate that to justifying action needing to be taken is kind of an unrealistic expectation.  What your asking is for them to make a change that would completely affect cqc.  Steel fisting and blindfire/hipfire is a lot bigger in terms of a game mechanic than revenge ever was, the ripple effect on nerfing something like blindfire/hipfire could be exponential, much more so than revenge.  There is big risk in changing something like that, and could break certain components of the game more than they already seem to be according to some people on this forum.  Very risky. 

We are not asking to "destroy" blindfire, we would just like to have it receive some form of nerf. In its current state its way too strong. I highly doubt alot of Uncharted 3 players would quit if blindfire got nerfed, actually now that I think about it, thats all half the players use.

I wouldn't care if it got destroyed either.

Message 741 of 1,597 (250 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I wonder what all the casuals/tryhards would use if blindfire ever got nerfed. First the FAL-SS, then the G-Mal, then M9. What's next?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 742 of 1,597 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

I wonder what all the casuals/tryhards would use if blindfire ever got nerfed. First the FAL-SS, then the G-Mal, then M9. What's next?

raffica

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 743 of 1,597 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Uhmm.... Ak?

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 744 of 1,597 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

raffica

No.

NO.

NO. NO. NO.

Well actually it's okay but if they nerf my Raffica I will be very **bleep**.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 745 of 1,597 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

megamurle wrote:

I understand what you mean.  I'm not saying that this isn't representative of the community, but to put emphasis on the number of Kudos and correlate that to justifying action needing to be taken is kind of an unrealistic expectation.  What your asking is for them to make a change that would completely affect cqc.  Steel fisting and blindfire/hipfire is a lot bigger in terms of a game mechanic than revenge ever was, the ripple effect on nerfing something like blindfire/hipfire could be exponential, much more so than revenge.  There is big risk in changing something like that, and could break certain components of the game more than they already seem to be according to some people on this forum.  Very risky. 

We are not asking to "destroy" blindfire, we would just like to have it receive some form of nerf. In its current state its way too strong. I highly doubt alot of Uncharted 3 players would quit if blindfire got nerfed, actually now that I think about it, thats all half the players use.

most people hipfire not because they like it, but because it is the most effective, those people want it to be nerfed too, because they don't enjoy the game as much, but they don't want to put themselves in a disadvantage, there is only a handful of stubborn people (like me) who prefer to have a bad score over winning by hipfire and whack and roll Smiley Wink

@ Megamurle: you have a good point, it's indeed a riskier nerf than revenge ever was, but to be honest I don't think how the game is played can be become even worse, and like blooddrunk123 said, we don't want hipfire to be destroyed, we just want it to take skill, I know it's a long post, but for exact details you can read through the OP, I explained everything there Smiley Happy

Message 746 of 1,597 (340 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Mar 12, 2013

@Blood & Matt

People complain about blindfire/hipfire, but its not the single cause of concern.  You have other contributing factors, for ex.. lag/lack of strong connection that affect the cqc mechanics.  What people are blaming on blindfire/hipfire or even steelfisting cannot be directly connected to those blindfire/hipfire mechanics alone.  You see whats been happening though right?  Its why I don't really like nerfing.  The idea is to try to bring balance to the game right?  In effect you nerf things and they even out one aspect while imbalancing others.  In a perfect world they would make a change that would make all gear even leveled.  People complain about the gmal/FAL.  They got nerfed........now everyone wants a nerf to M9 rof.  You see what I'm saying?  Thing is, nobody was on the nerf/adjust blindfire/hipfire tip before.  Things got nerfed though, then tactics change as far as weapons/ preference of loadouts........other strategies started becoming more common.  Over time the balance changed and we are where we are now.  Adjust blindfire/hipfire...........then what?  Is it going to change everything......even cqc out, bring balance back to the force?  Who knows.......but it hasn't seemed to solve balancing issues as much as it has create other forms of imbalance imho.  I like this game a lot cuz its fun, can we just not break anything else.  

Just my 2 cents, I don't wanna get stuck in this thread, I'll leave that to you 2, you seem to be holding it down.

Message 747 of 1,597 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 12, 2013

megamurle wrote:

@Blood & Matt

People complain about blindfire/hipfire, but its not the single cause of concern.  You have other contributing factors, for ex.. lag/lack of strong connection that affect the cqc mechanics.  What people are blaming on blindfire/hipfire or even steelfisting cannot be directly connected to those blindfire/hipfire mechanics alone.  You see whats been happening though right?  Its why I don't really like nerfing.  The idea is to try to bring balance to the game right?  In effect you nerf things and they even out one aspect while imbalancing others.  In a perfect world they would make a change that would make all gear even leveled.  People complain about the gmal/FAL.  They got nerfed........now everyone wants a nerf to M9 rof.  You see what I'm saying?  Thing is, nobody was on the nerf/adjust blindfire/hipfire tip before.  Things got nerfed though, then tactics change as far as weapons/ preference of loadouts........other strategies started becoming more common.  Over time the balance changed and we are where we are now.  Adjust blindfire/hipfire...........then what?  Is it going to change everything......even cqc out, bring balance back to the force?  Who knows.......but it hasn't seemed to solve balancing issues as much as it has create other forms of imbalance imho.  I like this game a lot cuz its fun, can we just not break anything else.  

Just my 2 cents, I don't wanna get stuck in this thread, I'll leave that to you 2, you seem to be holding it down.

it's ok to be against a hipfire nerf, but it would be nice if you read the whole OP so that you know exactly what I want:

first of all I am not really asking for a nerf, I just don't want it to be the most used tactic in the game anymore, I know the title says nerf hipfire, but that's just the solution that is the easiest to do for Naughty Dog, an other solution I had was buffing aiming, but for that Naughty Dog must fix the aim assist, increase stopping power and fix the gun balancing in general so that I can use most guns to actually aim with, that's a much harder task for Naughty Dog than just removing the auto-lock on of blindfire and make it blindfire in the direction you are running...

secondly I always thought hipfire (and whack and roll cheat) was a problem, I always was against it even before the nerf of the fal-ss and the g-mal, speaking of those nerfs, instead that Naughty Dog nerfs a weapon, they make it completely useless, giving the fal less damage was all it took to fix it, but instead Naughty Dog made it do less damage, added more recoil and made it jam as well, same goes for the g-mal, instead of just giving it a little more recoil, they gave it more recoil and reduced the stopping power significantly, that's not nerfing, that's breaking, and that is the reason the m9 is overused plus you could see it coming easily because the m9 can be aimed from close and from far away and it is good at hipfiring, not to mention that it has the most powerfull mod of the game which is rate of fire, speaking of which should be thrown out of the game...

and thirdly, if Naughty Dog doesn't have the time and resources to balance things out and fix things, then they shouldn't have made more guns, mods, more boosters, paid boosters, kickbacks, stat hats and other stuff because if you make all those things, you have a lot of balancing to do, and if you only want to add more stupid things (tournament prizes, now even one with stats) and don't want to fix things, your game becomes a broken mess, and that's exactly what uncharted 3 is at the moment, I don't hear anyone complain about balancing issues in Uncharted 2, the only problems there are glitches that should be fixed and also hipfire (and steelfisting along with it) and the low health they introduced in patch 1.05 (worst patch ever...), Naughty Dog nailed down the weaponbalancing there after a few patches, and that's because it isn't so difficult, so with Uncharted 4, Naughty Dog, GO BACK TO BASICS, DON'T ADD USELESS STUFF THAT MAKES THE GAME A BROKEN MESS... it's not that those additions make the game more fun...

Message 748 of 1,597 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Message 749 of 1,597 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Mar 13, 2013

FredFai wrote:
Good news regarding the blindfire in TLoU.

http://www.gamechup.com/the-last-of-us-new-info-joel-has-own-hit-detection-no-blindfire-more/

I thought it was obvious that this would be the case. Since the game was screaming ammo scarcity... Even if blindfire was in the game I doubt it would be effective to use since by the looks of it, we may only have a handful of bullets at a time...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 750 of 1,597 (268 Views)
0 Likes