Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
775 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 140+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Thanks for the note Matthijs. We don't have any plan to tweak hipfire. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but that's how we are approaching this design matter. It's not a widespread problem.

While I appreciate a response from Eric, I am obviously dissapointed with his answer, personally I think Naughty Dog doesn't want to do anything about the subject because it's a large change to how the game is played, and it's a risk to make that sort of a change this late since release of the game. I have much respect for Naughty Dog and Eric too, but if he's saying that hipfire isn't a widespread problem, then he really is avoiding the subject, because there have been a dozen of threads about this recently, and all get an insane amount of kudoes. Also he can just play the game himself and at the first match he will experience the problem.

So I guess the only thing we can do is let Naughty Dog know that this is indeed a widespread problem, just in case they really don't know how their game is played, but I doubt that, I think they are just avoiding the subject, I can understand that, but at least I hope they learn a lesson out of it in case they make another Uncharted game (probably for PS4 then), because this skillless crap really have to be taken out the game...

Once when this thread gonna have + 200 kudoses from legit PSN accounts, try to to send similar message to Eric and rest of of ND devs.

Ask them how many kudoses they need to stop pretend that it's not a"wideapread" problem, and most important:

Remind that it's not bunch of blindfiring scrubs and newbies building that multiplayer, but We veteran players and loyal fans who stick with their mp since U2.

I decided to support your thread among Uncharted FB community and my PSN friends, but I'm just one man. Let's hope more knows U3 players like Eugenides, tW, BrokenGamezHD give their feedback and kudos too.

I really don't want to see this crap in TLOU and U4. 

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 1081 of 1,608 (218 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 7, 2013
@steven1379 I just read your post on the ND blog, I just want you to consider one question. Would uc3 be a decent multiplayer game if EVERYONE equipped a kal 7 and completely ignored the L1 button, the answer is surely that it would be an unplayable mess. If you accept that this is the case then you must also accept that you are abusing a broken mechanic, on the flip side if blind fire didn't exist at all then IMO the game would still be playable, if a little slower paced.
Message 1082 of 1,608 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I feel like we should keep even a little blindfire so we don't seem like copying TR.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 1083 of 1,608 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
@steven1379 I just read your post on the ND blog, I just want you to consider one question. Would uc3 be a decent multiplayer game if EVERYONE equipped a kal 7 and completely ignored the L1 button, the answer is surely that it would be an unplayable mess. If you accept that this is the case then you must also accept that you are abusing a broken mechanic, on the flip side if blind fire didn't exist at all then IMO the game would still be playable, if a little slower paced.

lol honestly, if everyone ran around with a kal, that would be fun... I would like to see that happen in regular DM modes.

photo Sniper.png
Message 1084 of 1,608 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Apr 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I feel like we should keep even a little blindfire so we don't seem like copying TR.

TR isn't the only TPS that doesn't have any blindfire lock-on in it. Like I said before, this is literally the ONLY TPS where it happens. Gears of War, Tomb Raider, heck even SOCOM didn't have this.

Also, Tomb Raider's MP was pretty much a shameless ripoff of Uncharted. I don't think anyone will ever accuse Naughty Dog of copying something from that.

Message 1085 of 1,608 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Yeah I wasn't saying get rid of blind fire I was just pointing out which is the core mechanic, who would want to play a blind fire only game for more than like 10 mins
Message 1086 of 1,608 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Apr 7, 2013

^^

that really does sound fun lmao.

photo Sniper.png
Message 1087 of 1,608 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:

yes it would still be a decent multiplayer game

the game just gives us play choice

if everyone equiped the kal like u said then anyone smart and good at aiming would take a high spot and win the match

a not so smart player would still go around CQC areas and then get mad when someone comes out of nowhere BF while they tried to aim

and all those with kal would figth to see who is better with the gun

the lab was shotgun only, did it make the game undecent for a week...or more fun?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 1088 of 1,608 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Apr 7, 2013
It didn't make an impact because I'm not forced to play the shotgun lab if that was the entire game is would have quitted a long time ago
Message 1089 of 1,608 (136 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 7, 2013
No I mean if blind fire was the only choice, do you mean high spot and aiming with the kal? If everyone was trying to sneak in to Cqc in noticed and Blind fire their way too victory it would be a pretty stupid game IMO, the shotgun mag5 lab is actually a good example, a light hearted distraction that was fun for 5 minutes but not really a proper game. That's what the game would be if everyone took your aproach
Message 1090 of 1,608 (135 Views)
0 Likes