Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 17, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Also you can't do this in succession either, after the first hit, if you punch immediately after the roll, you won't be able to cancel out of it.

that doesn't really matter, it's 2 hit kill. so another roll is unnecessary...

and I can't believe it is intended by Naughty Dog, punching is intended to do damage, rolling is intended to avoid stuff, but both of those together at the exact same time could not be meant to be avoiding stuff while doing damage, it would be like aiming and hiding behind cover at the same time, or it's like making a pull down and while doing that climb to safety, or making a stealth kill while running away, you are either damaging opponents or you are avoiding damage from opponents, not both at the same time, that does not make sense...

Message 1171 of 1,597 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7092 posts

Apr 17, 2013

How doesn't it make sense? Besides people can aim and shoot from behind cover, well side strafe in and out a corner anyway and it makes them pretty safe in gun battles.

I won't care if we were able to move through walls and hide in unreachable out of map spots; if ND meant for it to be that way then it isn't a glitch regardless of what we think.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1172 of 1,597 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Also you can blindfire while running away, remember?

And sprint can be used to run to someone while running away from someone.

So.. There. Wack and roll is legit. It's an OP thing that will stay, like the M9.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1173 of 1,597 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Apr 17, 2013
You'll get over it people. Surprised that people are still playing this game, anyway.
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 1174 of 1,597 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I actually recently posted a video on more or less my thoughts on hip-fire/blind-fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3CuvQf_FU

More or less just want them to reduce the auto-lock and how bullets will magically curve and lock on to nearby targets at a certain range. This was true in U2 but like many, I felt it got even worse in U3 and why this was the case in beyond me, since I don't recall too many people being fans of the whole hip-fire mechanic and how absurdly accurate it was. I think ND could definitely take a look at other shooters for how to deal with hip-fire to make is less "absurd" if yu will. Since I find it rediculous how accurate hip-fie can be, the range in which it can be and how it effects people perception of the game in general.

Message 1175 of 1,597 (317 Views)
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Apr 17, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

I actually recently posted a video on more or less my thoughts on hip-fire/blind-fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3CuvQf_FU

More or less just want them to reduce the auto-lock and how bullets will magically curve and lock on to nearby targets at a certain range. This was true in U2 but like many, I felt it got even worse in U3 and why this was the case in beyond me, since I don't recall too many people being fans of the whole hip-fire mechanic and how absurdly accurate it was. I think ND could definitely take a look at other shooters for how to deal with hip-fire to make is less "absurd" if yu will. Since I find it rediculous how accurate hip-fie can be, the range in which it can be and how it effects people perception of the game in general.

agree with most of it, good video, although I would like it if you don't mention the same things over and over because the video could have been just 5 minutes Smiley Wink

Message 1176 of 1,597 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 18, 2013
@Mike Of course I still play it. Any chance they will put HC back, I take. I wait and hope.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1177 of 1,597 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Its funny how i find more poeple using BF now

instead of back when it was SO GUD...now it has to be used correctly

back then i would just PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR everywhere lol

i still think the health should be higher for everyone so we have extra time to react to everything from BF to people who butt into two people trying to kill each other without buttins affecting

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 1178 of 1,597 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

Its funny how i find more poeple using BF now

instead of back when it was SO GUD...now it has to be used correctly

back then i would just PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR everywhere lol

i still think the health should be higher for everyone so we have extra time to react to everything from BF to people who butt into two people trying to kill each other without buttins affecting

*Waiting for stunt to make a post about hardcore* Smiley Happy

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 1179 of 1,597 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 120+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 18, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
For steven's argument, I can blindfire like a pro. I got a lot of blindire medals.

Trying to redeem myself with the sniper though. ANYWAY, point is blindfire is so easy, it's easier than the flash game "You Have To Burn The Rope". (Google it)

It hurts when people say blindfire takes "skill", its like Im losing brain cells hearing that.

if it does then u should kill me easilly in a match with bf urself rite?

idontthink so

some people like to keep a distance and some like to go in like the rushers from the SP enemy list

are you a true gamer capable of dealing with online enemy variety?

you dont see me asking the ak have a lowered SP cus of all the under elevl 10 f2p noobs dat kill me

with aim.

why cus they just stand there and actually aim at me

sometimes they scare me moore than 75legacy ppl cus i know theyll have a freakin AK on their hands

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 1180 of 1,597 (237 Views)
0 Likes