Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 21, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ M9 and Para are OP on top of blindfire.

Not OP, just overused.

Because they are OP.

The Para is fine I feel like you guys ignore the fact that Melee is actually OP, so because of the 3 shot then melee combo the Para gets alot of flack.

Melee takes 50% of your health that's just silly.

Doesn't melee usually do a lot of damage in like any shooter? Besides yes the Para is OP. 2nd strongest pistol. 2nd best blindfire and 2nd most accurate pistol. Yet its ease of use and strength makes it easier to aim than the tau and blindfire just as good, if not a bit better than the micros. Its OPness doesn't just come from blindfire, it comes from being able to do everything at level, if not better than the 3 other pistols.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1201 of 1,597 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
The Para being 2nd best at literally everything is OP and stupid. All other guns have a drawback.

I believe we've playedthis before:

Name one thing the Para sucks at.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1202 of 1,597 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Apr 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
The Para being 2nd best at literally everything is OP and stupid. All other guns have a drawback.

I believe we've playedthis before:

Name one thing the Para sucks at.

it sucks at sucking.

Message 1203 of 1,597 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Double negative?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1204 of 1,597 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 21, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ M9 and Para are OP on top of blindfire.

Not OP, just overused.

Because they are OP.

The Para is fine I feel like you guys ignore the fact that Melee is actually OP, so because of the 3 shot then melee combo the Para gets alot of flack.

Melee takes 50% of your health that's just silly.

Doesn't melee usually do a lot of damage in like any shooter? Besides yes the Para is OP. 2nd strongest pistol. 2nd best blindfire and 2nd most accurate pistol. Yet its ease of use and strength makes it easier to aim than the tau and blindfire just as good, if not a bit better than the micros. Its OPness doesn't just come from blindfire, it comes from being able to do everything at level, if not better than the 3 other pistols.

well in any other shooter which would be an FPS i'm guessing, melee does alot of damage but that's because you normally have a knife in your hand, Melee should be 3 hit kill it's apart of the problem.

But yes you are right about the para.

So if you could what would you change or nerf on the para to make it balanced ?

Message 1205 of 1,597 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
+1 bullet to kill
- accuracy
Message 1206 of 1,597 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I would say lower its BF accuracy and make it +1 bullet. Lower its BF below the Raffica's so that the raffica will be what it has to be. Better accuracy than micro but worse than para, and better BF accuracy than para but worse than micro.

Message 1207 of 1,597 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I will agree with that. That nerfs the OP abilities and helps make the Raff a better weapon.

The problem I forsee is people using the Micro/Raff, then making peeps think it's OP.

The Micro overuse would enhance the OP blindfire, and the Raff... I don't know what's OP about it.
Message 1208 of 1,597 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Something has to be done with the Para damage for sure. I mean it's stronger than half of the long guns...

I admit this might see a rise in micros and may have the raffica be used for once. This will probably make the raffica the jack of trades pistol, but I hope it will be done right unlike the jack of trades long gun we have now... The raffica we have now is underwhelming because it is really weak and has quite a slow RoF. This gives it drawbacks when both aiming and blindfiring, yet it can still hit the target. Meaning you risk effectiveness from the para/micro for versatility of the raffica, seems fair to me.

As for the micro, yea I just see people switching to that for blindfiring, but at least it takes longer(unless it has RoF) to steelfist with it than the para, and it takes more precision to aim with it than the para when people get out of range. Maybe this will make the pistols actually work in secondary situations:

Having the micro out for blindfire when your primary can't cut it

Having the para out when you're in a gun battle and are low on ammo for your primary

Having the raffica out so it can cover both instances just fine, but you trade in effectiveness for it

Having the Tau out for when your primary can't reach far.

Something like that. I personally always saw the pistol there to cover up the weakness of the long gun. Right now people just use the para for all of the above and sometimes just keep it out the majority of the match and do the Three-then-Melee(TM) and if not that chase you around the map with it since thanks to its decent clip size, they have more than enough ammo to hit you 6 times with either blindfire or aiming at any distance. (in other words a smaller scale M9)

Message 1209 of 1,597 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

Yesterday I played a few FFA matches and there was this Legacy 5 kid spamming power weapons & Blindfiring & owning all the low levels with his Para, so I switched my loudout to Eddy's AK for stopping power, I killed him in almost all of our showdowns, he then sends me a hate mail, to which I replied to.

I asked why is he afraid to aim to which he replied aiming is for noobs & I need skill.Smiley Surprised

Message 1210 of 1,597 (271 Views)
0 Likes