Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 150+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

Apr 24, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Now I know that Steven has becoming something to laugh at...but this time he is making some sense in that the M9 is a problem.

Yeah. Blindfire tactic issues aside, the M9 shouldn't ALSO dominate in blindfire.

It really shouldn't dominate anywhere, yet it is dominating in all modes right now even w/o its RoF mod.

Especially if you look up the definition of jack of trades...

Yeah.... what the hell is up with that? The m9 shouldn't dominate anyehere, but the only way it sucks is that it doesn't dominate anywhere.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 1231 of 1,608 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I hear what you are saying about the m9, but it doesn't matter to me whether I'm blind fired with an m9 or a kal 7 or a para9 the actual mechanic needs a nerf, I've said it loads of times but its really wack n roll that's the problem, remove that and people would think twice before aimlessly blind firing hoping to get close enough to punch. And the thought of someone complaining because another gun aims itself better than the one they choose is hilarious
Please use plain text.
Message 1232 of 1,608 (181 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
I hear what you are saying about the m9, but it doesn't matter to me whether I'm blind fired with an m9 or a kal 7 or a para9 the actual mechanic needs a nerf, I've said it loads of times but its really wack n roll that's the problem, remove that and people would think twice before aimlessly blind firing hoping to get close enough to punch. And the thought of someone complaining because another gun aims itself better than the one they choose is hilarious

No, no, no, no. We're not saying blindfire isn't OP. IT IS.

It's just that on top of M9 being hell OP, you then also use blindfire, which is ALSO OP.

Now that's just not allowed. You're only allowed one OP crap per gun.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 1233 of 1,608 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5396 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Well I don't have problems with blindfire lol. whack n' roll fix won't do much to blindfire for the kal really since if you go in shooting and then punch, 1 punch will likely kill the person. It may qwell the M9 and para a bit, but they will still be a problem in my eyes.

How would nerfing whack n' roll help blindfire much at all really? If anything it will only damage it if you initially open up with melee. Since most whack n' roll I see happening is after someone opens up some rounds into you to finish you off, in other words kill you.

no matter what I can't see anything wrong with the mechanics themselves, since well these are mechanics in the game that were implemented this way and if they weren't meant to act the way that they do, then they would have been changed long ago. Melee was always meant to do 50%, blindfire was always meant to lock-on this way depending on the blindfire stat itself, and whack n' roll was implemented (possibly not the way its used) as well and was promoted by ND.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1234 of 1,608 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 24, 2013
@sanddude, in the uc2 days the smart player wanted to avoid melee, as it left you rooted to the spot, he'll with revenge being the way it has been in this game then you would melee knowing that there is a probability that you would die, hence cqc was to be avoided unless you had a one hit kill shotgun,

With wack and roll People look for cqc with auto lock Blindfire as the approach, if people want to engage in Cqc by having good map knowledge, sneaky tactics etc then that is fine with me people zig zagging across open spaces hoping to get enough hit markers to steel fist, that is not. If there was no wack and roll the number of people willing to trade off in Cqc would decrease dramatically. A 50% damage melee attack deserves the lengthy animation that goes with it
Please use plain text.
Message 1235 of 1,608 (161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5396 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I'm just trying to picture it.

w/ Whack n' Roll

You run at someone blindfiring and hit them to kill them, immediately rolling out of the animation to proceed to do whatever afterwords.

w/o Whack n' roll

You run at someone blindfiring and hit them to kill them, wait an extra 1-2 seconds to do the animation then proceed to do whatever.

In other words, I don't see it changing much.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1236 of 1,608 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2840 posts

Apr 24, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

w/ Whack n' Roll

You run at someone blindfiring and hit them to kill them, immediately rolling out of the animation to proceed to do whatever afterwords.

w/o Whack n' roll

You run at someone blindfiring and hit them to kill them, wait an extra 1-2 seconds to do the animation then proceed to do whatever.

the whack and roll also makes you keep moving, so you are not a standing still target for those 1 - 2 seconds, also you can't be damaged by a punch from the opponent, I do think it makes a big difference...

Please use plain text.
Message 1237 of 1,608 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 24, 2013

wat about the times i whack and roll yet no punch damage was inflicted?

Whack an roll is legit cause based on your reaction time u either roll or get punched

ND should start off with the M9&Para9 problem first

then maybe the BF mechanic and the whole melee situation can be discussed

just like BF whack and roll has been here since U2(it was harder back then but yes posible)

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 1238 of 1,608 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5396 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

w/ Whack n' Roll

w/o Whack n' roll

the whack and roll also makes you keep moving, so you are not a standing still target for those 1 - 2 seconds, also you can't be damaged by a punch from the opponent, I do think it makes a big difference...

I think it will change things too, but for this particular scenario, which is really the most prevelant scenario and biggest problem for most people including whack n' roll, I don't see much changing.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1239 of 1,608 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Apr 25, 2013

For sand's argument:

I don't wack n roll when I steelfist sometimes. They die, but then I have to stand still because of lag. Either way they're dead.

It only removes the wack n roll fights, but then again that's rare. I see a lot of people standing still and punching each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 1240 of 1,608 (86 Views)
0 Likes