Highlighted
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 19, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
This thread accomplished its mission. There is no blindfire in The Last of Us. Congrats matj! You have completed your mission.

my mission, should I choose to accept it, is now making sure that there will be no overpowered hipfire in Uncharted 4, if there is going to be an Uncharted 4 that is, no hipfire in The Last of Us was just a side-mission, my main mission is still making sure Uncharted 4 will not suffer from overpowered hipfire Smiley Tongue

Main mission is making sure hipfire ie banned from every video game.

I've learned to think 1 step at the time, else you keep disappointing yourself Smiley Wink

Message 1391 of 1,597 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

May 19, 2013

I have no issue with the hipfire in this game. IRL if I'm standing 3-5 feet from someone with a SMG or carbine length assault weapon, don't think I'd have to aim through the sights to hit them. I don't think you should be restricted to firing straight ahead as a viable hipfire "fix."

If you have a medium range gun, you should be engaging them optimally from that distances and manage the space between.  If you're using a sniper rifle you should be trying to get as far away from everyone as possible to give you the greatest advantage for picking that gun. You can backup while aiming/shooting, even more so with Fleet Footed. 

And if someone with a short range weapon like the KAL-7 is able to get up close to you before you've killed or weakened them enough to kill them with a punch or swap to your pistol then they deserve to kill you and you deserve to die. 

Message 1392 of 1,597 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

May 19, 2013

CritRate wrote:

I have no issue with the hipfire in this game. IRL if I'm standing 3-5 feet from someone with a SMG or carbine length assault weapon, don't think I'd have to aim through the sights to hit them. I don't think you should be restricted to firing straight ahead as a viable hipfire "fix."

If you have a medium range gun, you should be engaging them optimally from that distances and manage the space between.  If you're using a sniper rifle you should be trying to get as far away from everyone as possible to give you the greatest advantage for picking that gun. You can backup while aiming/shooting, even more so with Fleet Footed. 

And if someone with a short range weapon like the KAL-7 is able to get up close to you before you've killed or weakened them enough to kill them with a punch or swap to your pistol then they deserve to kill you and you deserve to die. 

But when the bullets go backwards....literally bending around, that is just...no.

Do you feel me?

Message 1393 of 1,597 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 19, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

CritRate wrote:

But when the bullets go backwards....literally bending around, that is just...no.

Moreso when the guy is literally not even seeing you in the screen. As in, it would blindfire off-camera, the player wouldn't know why, then he checks. "Oh look I killed someone. It's like having a legitimate aimbot!"

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1394 of 1,597 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

May 19, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

CritRate wrote:

Moreso when the guy is literally not even seeing you in the screen. As in, it would blindfire off-camera, the player wouldn't know why, then he checks. "Oh look I killed someone. It's like having a legitimate aimbot!"

The closer you are to a target, the less skill it should take to hit it. I think it's fine to equalize beginners and more advanced players that are that close to each other because you both have "legitimate aimbots." 

Message 1395 of 1,597 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 19, 2013

CritRate wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

CritRate wrote:

The closer you are to a target, the less skill it should take to hit it. I think it's fine to equalize beginners and more advanced players that are that close to each other because you both have "legitimate aimbots." 

I think that if you actually have a game mechanic where you can do a stealth kill, and you have a booster AND a trophy based on such mechanic, you shouldn't have an aimbot that stops that.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1396 of 1,597 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11584 posts

May 19, 2013
I feel like if the hipfire was to change, something bad is gonna happen. This gut feeling. I don't know. ..

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1397 of 1,597 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 19, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I feel like if the hipfire was to change, something bad is gonna happen. This gut feeling. I don't know. ..

You have a right to feel like that. ND hasn't really followed through with any gameplay patch which presented a majority-based favorable outcome.

Message 1398 of 1,597 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11584 posts

May 19, 2013
^I didn't mean it as in breaking the game or anything. I mean it as having an impact on the players in the game. You have an established gameplay mechanic since the last update, which was early 2012(?). People are gonna have to learn to adapt, which most people are gonna find frustrating for a 1.5+ year old game. I'm saying that if hipfire was going to have an effective nerf, it would have been Deployed way earlier. As of right now, many people will be **bleep** during close range engangement because of a strategy they will have to learn all over again.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1399 of 1,597 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

May 19, 2013

hipfire in uncharted existed since UC1

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1400 of 1,597 (274 Views)
0 Likes