Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013
@sand I remember tap messaging me yesterday that you wanted aimed guns nerfed badly.

How come you don't want blindfire nerfed? This isn't Max Payne on Soft Lock Aim. This isn't RDR on normal aim. This isn't even GTA aim.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1331 of 1,597 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6878 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@sand I remember tap messaging me yesterday that you wanted aimed guns nerfed badly.

How come you don't want blindfire nerfed? This isn't Max Payne on Soft Lock Aim. This isn't RDR on normal aim. This isn't even GTA aim.

lolwut?...

Idk if you remembered, but me and him argued quite a bit and had entirely different views on things. He did tend to twist my words around and if I didn't agree with him, he assumed the extremes. I basically said things along the line of, not having problems with blindfire, liking the kal, and seeing why the g-mal was nerfed. He basically saw me like...well like how people see steven now i guess Smiley Indifferent

 

In other words, I never wanted aimed guns nerfed... idk where he's coming from or why he sees the need to disappear from the forum, yet still make quips about me when not even here...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1332 of 1,597 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

It actually does have noticeable SP to me... there have been plenty of times where i've been killed by an M9 while running because it slowed me down to a crawl. The thing with the M9 isn't that it is stronger than other guns. It is that it can basically do what other guns can without any drawback really.

 

Same with the para, the micro is better at blindfire and the raffica and tau can most defintely outrange the para, but they can't do all at once effectively like the para.

 

You can name something wrong with all the other guns and see that in certain kinds of battles said gun will lose out at disadvantaged battles 90% of the time. You don't see a dragon out blindfiring a kal too often... or an ak taking out a g-mal from a great distance either.

 

Not with the M9, it's only lacking in long range and even then can still do little damage from afar. It's RoF mod greatly increases it's effectiveness in medium, close, and blindfire ranges. As for not seeing it in public... I just played a couple games and 1-3 people had a RoF M9 on in every match, and even if they didn't the rest still had an M9, with a couple of the other guns sprinkled in every now and then.

 

Think about it like this really. Each gun, unmodded, used by players of equal skill: If you pair 1 gun vs another each will beat the other in certain categories consistently. Yet if you pair it with the M9, the other gun may only fare against it in a couple areas while the M9 will dominate against it in the other areas thanks to its ease of use, and even the area said gun "dominates" in the m9 can still give it a run for its money.


I understand your argument and where you're coming from. I was there myself and thought that exactly. But the FAL still has a faster kill time than the M9 and it has better stopping power. The G-MAL still has better accuracy, more stopping power than the M9 and it still has the element of surprise because it's a burst style gun (one burst, then the opponent is aware, one more, and they're dead). The AK still has better stopping power and, IMO, easier to manage recoil (I don't know about the kill time).

 

The thing is that it isn't technically better than all of these guns. But in reality, it's just more forgiving. It has the highest rate of fire for any aimable gun, meaning missing one shot won't get you killed in most circumstances. If you miss a burst with a G-MAL in a head to head gun fight, you'll probably lose. With a FAL, you will almost always will unless you can't handle the recoil (which is it's unforgivingness). The AK doesn't have nearly as good of blindfire accuracy as the M9 so it's just not as adaptable. The M9 is just the easiest gun to use and the most forgiving. I don't think it's the most effective. That's just my opinion, not facts (well, at least not undesputed facts). I just don't want a nerf. A nerf would mean M9 users would just go to the AK, because it's an automatic and also fairly easy to use. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 1333 of 1,597 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013
Eg M9 has no super special field, but it has no drawback whatsoever.

It sucks at sucking. I mean, I can't name a sungle thing that gun sucks at. That's just wrong.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1334 of 1,597 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6878 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

It actually does have noticeable SP to me... there have been plenty of times where i've been killed by an M9 while running because it slowed me down to a crawl. The thing with the M9 isn't that it is stronger than other guns. It is that it can basically do what other guns can without any drawback really.

 

Same with the para, the micro is better at blindfire and the raffica and tau can most defintely outrange the para, but they can't do all at once effectively like the para.

 

You can name something wrong with all the other guns and see that in certain kinds of battles said gun will lose out at disadvantaged battles 90% of the time. You don't see a dragon out blindfiring a kal too often... or an ak taking out a g-mal from a great distance either.

 

Not with the M9, it's only lacking in long range and even then can still do little damage from afar. It's RoF mod greatly increases it's effectiveness in medium, close, and blindfire ranges. As for not seeing it in public... I just played a couple games and 1-3 people had a RoF M9 on in every match, and even if they didn't the rest still had an M9, with a couple of the other guns sprinkled in every now and then.

 

Think about it like this really. Each gun, unmodded, used by players of equal skill: If you pair 1 gun vs another each will beat the other in certain categories consistently. Yet if you pair it with the M9, the other gun may only fare against it in a couple areas while the M9 will dominate against it in the other areas thanks to its ease of use, and even the area said gun "dominates" in the m9 can still give it a run for its money.


I understand your argument and where you're coming from. I was there myself and thought that exactly. But the FAL still has a faster kill time than the M9 and it has better stopping power. The G-MAL still has better accuracy, more stopping power than the M9 and it still has the element of surprise because it's a burst style gun (one burst, then the opponent is aware, one more, and they're dead). The AK still has better stopping power and, IMO, easier to manage recoil (I don't know about the kill time).

 

The thing is that it isn't technically better than all of these guns. But in reality, it's just more forgiving. It has the highest rate of fire for any aimable gun, meaning missing one shot won't get you killed in most circumstances. If you miss a burst with a G-MAL in a head to head gun fight, you'll probably lose. With a FAL, you will almost always will unless you can't handle the recoil (which is it's unforgivingness). The AK doesn't have nearly as good of blindfire accuracy as the M9 so it's just not as adaptable. The M9 is just the easiest gun to use and the most forgiving. I don't think it's the most effective. That's just my opinion, not facts (well, at least not undesputed facts). I just don't want a nerf. A nerf would mean M9 users would just go to the AK, because it's an automatic and also fairly easy to use. 


You basically addressed the problem. Even highlighted it lol. You listed problems other guns had and thats fine, i'm aware they have their pros and cons but thats what brings about balance. I can equip any M9, not even w/ RoF, and do decent in any mode given any circumstance since it is the most versatile weapon with little drawbacks.

 

I use the ak now and notice its drawbacks. If a lot of people use it, it won't be overbearing as a bunch of ak users can be taken out by weapon "X" in instance "Y" easily. You can't really say that with an M9.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1335 of 1,597 (318 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

You basically addressed the problem. Even highlighted it lol. You listed problems other guns had and thats fine, i'm aware they have their pros and cons but thats what brings about balance. I can equip any M9, not even w/ RoF, and do decent in any mode given any circumstance since it is the most versatile weapon with little drawbacks.

I use the ak now and notice its drawbacks. If a lot of people use it, it won't be overbearing as a bunch of ak users can be taken out by weapon "X" in instance "Y" easily. You can't really say that with an M9.


You don't understand what I said. Being easy to use does not make it more effective, I said that explicitly. I don't feel like repeating myself. It's not as effective as other guns. You will be at a disadvantage with an M9 in some cases. A 1v1, M9 versus FAL. If used correctly, the FAL will win EVERY TIME. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 1336 of 1,597 (313 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013
ALL OTHER GUNS WHEN USED CORRECTLY WILL BEAT ANOTHER GUNS.

My dragon can beat any gun, including the FAL and the M9. But that's because I invested some time into the gun. I had bad points obviously.

Now M9 users do not, I repeat, do not have bad points. The only way is if you use to someone who's experienced in another gun or an M9 user. There's only a few that are very experienced in other guns. New players wpuld think, "Why bother with other guns if this gun pretty much covers everything?"

No variety is the result. The "variety" we have is a result of old, experienced players being in the game
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1337 of 1,597 (311 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
ALL OTHER GUNS WHEN USED CORRECTLY WILL BEAT ANOTHER GUNS.

My dragon can beat any gun, including the FAL and the M9. But that's because I invested some time into the gun. I had bad points obviously.

Now M9 users do not, I repeat, do not have bad points. The only way is if you use to someone who's experienced in another gun or an M9 user. There's only a few that are very experienced in other guns. New players wpuld think, "Why bother with other guns if this gun pretty much covers everything?"

No variety is the result. The "variety" we have is a result of old, experienced players being in the game

The main reason I feel that the M9 is overused is because all the other weapons have some form of recoil. 

 

The Kal and the Fal have crazy high recoil, the G-Mal is more moderate, the AK is upwards but a little side to side meaning it is hard to predict where it will go, the dragon has recoil mainly since its a sniper rifle. Maybe, just maybe the M9 is preferred because it is easier to aim than the other assault rifles.

 

Although I will say, the M9 is not the best weapon in Uncharted 3, the AK and the G-Mal are much better choices if you can get used to them. (This is coming from a M9 user)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 1338 of 1,597 (302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6878 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

It is the most used because its ease of use. Most controllable aim, decent blindfire stat, decent Rate of Fire(even w/o mod), great distance, good amount of max ammo, and so on.

 

I don't know how you see that as not a problem when all other guns have noticeable disadvantages. Also, for the argument of a FAL, AK, G-mal, or whatever being able to beat an M9 yes I'm aware it can. I can use my ak/micro and go 20+/10- in matches no problem. which is why I think that right now is the closest we've been to balance, yet people still always use the M9 because of its effectiveness. Which is also why I agreed on the g-mal and fal nerfs, as well as think that all other guns are perfect and that the para needs to be nerfed down to being the right kind of pistol along with the M9 given some sort of noticeable drawback to the point where a variety of guns will be used.

 

I get that a person's skill can greatly influence a match now instead of the old days where it was "pick up g-mal and win" yet if you have a decently skilled person using the M9, he can be pretty difficult to beat sometimes as it has no downsides. Think about it, you can be the most skilled sniper in the game with the dragon, yet if you get into a blindfire battle with a kal, you will most likely lose everytime, inversely you can have the best aim in the game yet if you use the kal, you will be outgunned by all other guns from a certain distance consistently. But if you do have decent aim and have a decent reaction with blindfiring and pick-up the M9 you are at no disadvantages to anyone with maybe the exception of the Dragon.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1339 of 1,597 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
5898 posts
 

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 1, 2013

Hi all,

 

Some off-topic remarks have been removed.  Please keep all discussions here on-topic and respectful.  

 

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 1340 of 1,597 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes