Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: NERF HIPFIRE, 160+ **bleep** kudo's, time to do something!

May 19, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^I didn't mean it as in breaking the game or anything. I mean it as having an impact on the players in the game. You have an established gameplay mechanic since the last update, which was early 2012(?). People are gonna have to learn to adapt, which most people are gonna find frustrating for a 1.5+ year old game. I'm saying that if hipfire was going to have an effective nerf, it would have been Deployed way earlier. As of right now, many people will be **bleep** during close range engangement because of a strategy they will have to learn all over again.

Good point. The game's about 2 years old and most people even moved on from how bad thehipfire is (by either learning to live with it like me, or like my friends, leaving UC3).

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1401 of 1,597 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

May 19, 2013

CritRate wrote:

I have no issue with the hipfire in this game. IRL if I'm standing 3-5 feet from someone with a SMG or carbine length assault weapon, don't think I'd have to aim through the sights to hit them. I don't think you should be restricted to firing straight ahead as a viable hipfire "fix."

If you have a medium range gun, you should be engaging them optimally from that distances and manage the space between.  If you're using a sniper rifle you should be trying to get as far away from everyone as possible to give you the greatest advantage for picking that gun. You can backup while aiming/shooting, even more so with Fleet Footed. 

And if someone with a short range weapon like the KAL-7 is able to get up close to you before you've killed or weakened them enough to kill them with a punch or swap to your pistol then they deserve to kill you and you deserve to die. 

yeah, stopped reading after 'IRL', because I don't give a **bleep** about real life, because this is a game! in real life we aren't supposed to jump of 100 metre high towers and survive either, or we can't throw back grenades we don't see, or we can't magically spawn RPG's in our hands, developers should never make decisions in multiplayer games based on how it works in real life, because players don't play the game like real life, you know what I would do in real life Uncharted 3, I would camp for 20 minutes so I won't die, so yeah, then your overpowered hipfire would work amazing, BUT THIS ISN"T REAL LIFE, PEOPLE ARE NOT PLAYING IT LIKE REAL LIFE, SO IT SHOULDN'T WORK LIKE REAL LIFE...

sorry  for the caps lock sometimes, but I'm getting so tired of the 'it's fine because that's how it works in real life!' argument, it's so stupid...

Message 1402 of 1,597 (354 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

May 19, 2013

Well it is a valid argument nonetheless.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1403 of 1,597 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

I have no issue with the hipfire in this game. IRL if I'm standing 3-5 feet from someone with a SMG or carbine length assault weapon, don't think I'd have to aim through the sights to hit them. I don't think you should be restricted to firing straight ahead as a viable hipfire "fix."

If you have a medium range gun, you should be engaging them optimally from that distances and manage the space between.  If you're using a sniper rifle you should be trying to get as far away from everyone as possible to give you the greatest advantage for picking that gun. You can backup while aiming/shooting, even more so with Fleet Footed. 

And if someone with a short range weapon like the KAL-7 is able to get up close to you before you've killed or weakened them enough to kill them with a punch or swap to your pistol then they deserve to kill you and you deserve to die. 

yeah, stopped reading after 'IRL', because I don't give a **bleep** about real life, because this is a game! in real life we aren't supposed to jump of 100 metre high towers and survive either, or we can't throw back grenades we don't see, or we can't magically spawn RPG's in our hands, developers should never make decisions in multiplayer games based on how it works in real life, because players don't play the game like real life, you know what I would do in real life Uncharted 3, I would camp for 20 minutes so I won't die, so yeah, then your overpowered hipfire would work amazing, BUT THIS ISN"T REAL LIFE, PEOPLE ARE NOT PLAYING IT LIKE REAL LIFE, SO IT SHOULDN'T WORK LIKE REAL LIFE...

sorry  for the caps lock sometimes, but I'm getting so tired of the 'it's fine because that's how it works in real life!' argument, it's so stupid...

To add to this, the IRL argument would backfire onto you especially when you can fire at someone without looking at them, or you have perfect aim with a rocket-propelled grenade while midair and while holding the RPG so that it's pointing at the right side.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1404 of 1,597 (345 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

May 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

Ignore the "IRL" part and address the rest, otherwise what are you trying to 'discuss' if it's your way or nothing. You want to run into someone's face while you're holding a mid-range M9 and they're using a short range weapon like KAL-7 and still win? Where's the balance in that? You might as well remove all other guns and give everyone an AK.

Message 1405 of 1,597 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

May 19, 2013

CritRate wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

Ignore the "IRL" part and address the rest, otherwise what are you trying to 'discuss' if it's your way or nothing. You want to run into someone's face while you're holding a mid-range M9 and they're using a short range weapon like KAL-7 and still win? Where's the balance in that? You might as well remove all other guns and give everyone an AK.

I didn't said hipfire shouldn't excist, if I hold an m9 and meet a kal-7 user at close range the kal-7 guy would have a higher chanche of winning because it's better in close combat, but just hold r1 to win is ridiculous, hipfire should take skill just like aiming, and if I'm going into such a fight with an m9, then I have to be either very good at hipfire or I have to run away and then take the kal-7 user out from a distance, but this no skill crap like hipfire is now makes it so that whoever hipfires first wins, regarding whatever decent hipfire weapon you use...

that said, I am not even against removing all weapons and give everyone an ak47, actually I want that, back to Uncharted 2, go hunt for better weapons and start with the worst one, I don't like loadouts, it only causes balancing issues...

also my previous comment wasn't a way to eliminate a discussion, I just wanted to point out that I can't stand that In Real Life argument, because the whole game is not based on real life, and it better not be either, because that would make for a very boring game...

Message 1406 of 1,597 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

May 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CritRate wrote:

I didn't said hipfire shouldn't excist, if I hold an m9 and meet a kal-7 user at close range the kal-7 guy would have a higher chanche of winning because it's better in close combat, but just hold r1 to win is ridiculous, hipfire should take skill just like aiming, and if I'm going into such a fight with an m9, then I have to be either very good at hipfire or I have to run away and then take the kal-7 user out from a distance, but this no skill crap like hipfire is now makes it so that whoever hipfires first wins, regarding whatever decent hipfire weapon you use...

that said, I am not even against removing all weapons and give everyone an ak47, actually I want that, back to Uncharted 2, go hunt for better weapons and start with the worst one, I don't like loadouts, it only causes balancing issues...

also my previous comment wasn't a way to eliminate a discussion, I just wanted to point out that I can't stand that In Real Life argument, because the whole game is not based on real life, and it better not be either, because that would make for a very boring game...

If I'm trying to hit a target 1m from me, it should take much less skill than something 10m or 50m away. Holding down R1 seems to adequately reflect the skill level it should take, which then boils down to weapon choice. KAL over M9, M9 over Dragon Sniper in close proximity. 

You may have misread me on the AKs. I meant AK-47 and that's it, no other weapons on the map to illustrate how you could remove the range element from play strategy. But obviously forcing everyone to play a certain style or with a certain weapon would be boring.

Message 1407 of 1,597 (302 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 19, 2013

I agree with CritRate. Trying to hit someone from 3 or less meters away should take very little skill. However, the effectiveness of that tactic needs to be called into question (thus my pain-wobble solution). Also, I agree that you should place yourself on the map to match the effectiveness of the gun, or choose the gun that best suits your playstyle, same thing. I believe that difficulty should be rewarded with effectiveness. However, as blindfire is now, it takes very little time to learn the tricks (WnR, 3-then-melee, etc.) and it's very effective as a playstyle. I don't agree with making it harder to use or learn. Just make it less effective. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1408 of 1,597 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

May 19, 2013

Well technically it shouldnt be that hard to hipfire any weapon at someone from arms length away. Obviously it shouldn't be this way...but it isn't really hard to pull out a sniper rifle and fire it blindly at a person from feet away and hit your mark either.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 1409 of 1,597 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well technically it shouldnt be that hard to hipfire any weapon at someone from arms length away. Obviously it shouldn't be this way...but it isn't really hard to pull out a sniper rifle and fire it blindly at a person from feet away and hit your mark either.

I've never had any sort of success with blindfiring the Dragon or the T-bolt. Are you refering to the game or real life? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1410 of 1,597 (269 Views)
0 Likes