Treasure Hunter
5811 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 90+ kudo's, Eric replied

Feb 27, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

LOLOLOL wrong thread sorry

ok...

I was supposed to reaply a thread in off-topic discussions. 

Aaanyway I read your post through. It is sad that ND isn't going to do anything about blindfire but the game isn't unplayable trash even with the blindfire. Since you've already got your answer from ND how about /thread?

Message 551 of 1,608 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Lmao i remember playing against that steven dude once XD taunted him cuz it was ANNOYING playing against him.

Gmal still feels the same. I use it and been
shot with it. No difference there, TRUST US.

Like it was said b4, u just came across ppl who CAN aim. I don't know why a blindfiring player should be rewarded for having the game land all the shots for u -_-
Aiming is handicapped as it is, if ure having trouble dodging the slow sticky aiming system of u3 while doing nothing but blindfire....well that just means its allllll your fault.

Blindfire needs a real nerf, no arguing there
-_-
Message 552 of 1,608 (240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Honestly they just need to tone down blindfire on the M9 and the Kal. Nothing else is a problem in my opinion. If someone switches to their side arm they are then put at a distinct disadvantage for aiming. That's actually a big disadvantage. Plush that'd make your sidearm still useful.
Message 553 of 1,608 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Feb 28, 2013

side arms also should be aimed. people blindfiring the micro and punching are just as irritating as people blindfiring the other automatic weapons. Blindfire should be less accurate all the way around and punching should not give as much damage as it does now. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 554 of 1,608 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Punching is fine. It helps take away the advantage a camper has in CQC. If the sidearms are only meant to be aimed then they're worthless in this game. In Uncharted 2 the pistol and Uzi were pretty good at aiming. In this game they get destroyed by any long gun and there's no need to ever switch to them because every long gun has a reload speed mod.
Message 555 of 1,608 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6002 posts

Feb 28, 2013

the micro as well as the kal should have good blindfire, without tweaking the core traits of the guns, nerfing their blindfire will make them next to useless. Keep in mind they noticeably both have the worst recoil of every other gun and also have the weakest bullet damage with both taking 10 bullets to kill. making their range already very poor, only being able to get as far as semi mid range by decent aimers and their high RoFs actually working against them at longer ranges as well as conservation of ammo.

Right now the M9 and para are taking those places since they work good enough at blindfire as well as both having capabilities. I honestly rarely see a micro used, I mean there are still micro-users out there(myself included) and even more rarely see the kal used, let alone just for blindfire.

I mean I agree with nerfing something, but downright making the entire mechanic useless isn't the way to go, it more or less just needs to be put in its place, and Blenner's ideas actually seem pretty good.

photo Sniper.png
Message 556 of 1,608 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Feb 28, 2013
You hardly ever see kal users? Lol! I see them every time I play a match. The Kal7 has by far the longest range and effectiveness for blindfire. 25 feet away? No problem! Add the blindfire accuracy mod and rate of fire and it just compounds the problem.

I never said the micro needs a nerf. Ever. So there's no point in bringing that to the argument.
Message 557 of 1,608 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6002 posts

Feb 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
You hardly ever see kal users? Lol! I see them every time I play a match. The Kal7 has by far the longest range and effectiveness for blindfire. 25 feet away? No problem! Add the blindfire accuracy mod and rate of fire and it just compounds the problem.

I never said the micro needs a nerf. Ever. So there's no point in bringing that to the argument.

oh well I wasn't replying to you but...

Yes I rarely do see the kal in game. Perhaps in TO yes, hell I even use it in TO. In terms of long gun usage, by far it is obvious that the most used one is the M9 and the kal isn't used by many. As for how far it is effective in blindfire, it should obviously have the longest range yes, but it also has the lowest bullet damage, highest Rate of Fire, and even with its accuracy in BF, if your blindfiring from "25" feet away, chances are you are gonna have to end up reloading before you even kill 1 guy and if hes to far for you to blindfiring, aiming isn't that great of an alternative for killing him. It is usually still only useful for close range, whereas the M9 kills in 2 less bullets and has waay better accuracy so you can switch from blindfire and aiming on the fly judging by the person's distance overall making it more useful then the kal in that field alone.

Anyways, do you honestly see a RoF/BF kal often like at all?? I've probably seen 2 in the past 3 weeks I've been playing...

photo Sniper.png
Message 558 of 1,608 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Yes I see it all the time. The lowest bullet damage argument is a waste of time. It kills just as fast as any other gun if you hit your opponent because of its rate of fire. Getting in close to blindfire (especially the Kal7's ridiculous blindfire range) isn't hard on most maps. Plaza? Sure. Train Wreck? Sure. Chateau, Cave, Yemen, Highrise, London Streets, underground, sanctuary, village? Don't make me laugh.
Message 559 of 1,608 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6002 posts

Feb 28, 2013

so it being useful in close range is ridiculous?

photo Sniper.png
Message 560 of 1,608 (186 Views)
0 Likes