Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed - (26 kudos) :P

Nov 1, 2012
^ I guess it would be nice to not get killed by blindfire.

I swear to God, if another complaint thread shows up after nerfing blindfire...
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 61 of 1,597 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1766 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Yep it's annoying you die just because the other person is too lazy to press L1. I want skill to determine who gets the kill, not laziness. After all, it's called COMPETITIVE multiplayer. Competitive games should relate to skill.

Also, it's annoying that I don't have Flynn's M9. It would be a useful weapon to use against blindfire scrubs.
Message 62 of 1,597 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6977 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Why shouldn't blindfire be anyones main tactic? It is a mechanic in the game and has been in the series for quite some time. If the player manages to flank behind you and kill you with blindfire, how does that make them a noob? They were able to run around the map avoiding your "awesome aiming skills" and get close enough to you to use blindfire in the only range it is even effective.

People complaining about blindfire being to effective should realize it really isn't effective(except with the KAL) unless you are right in their face. If someone is running at you from 10 meters away and you notice them, and don't manage to kill them with your aiming, then that is you having bad aim, not them using a noob tactic.

Everyone is making it to seem like blindfire is dominating the game and ruining it. (you should see how it was in the first months of release, now THAT was when blindfire was taking over the game) Right now I actually see a variety of guns in use, and people say automatics dominate them game well half of the long guns in the loadout are automatic along with 1 pistol. I imagine that people would use them, I've been in the game since the start, and compared to then it is tons of better now, it was so dull seeing everyone use the same gun and having no variety in the game, that included the KAL-7 then the FAL and then the G-Mal. I admit the M9 RoF is probably the majority right now, but I actually see the AK now, along with the FAL and G-Mal with an occasional sniper and KAL user.

ND just needs to stop catering to people whining over and over about nerfing the next thing and actually fix this laggy, broken matchmaking, mid-game kicking, glitchy game. Chances are that if they do even nerf blindfire in some way, people are going to find something to complain about being OP the very next day anyways.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 63 of 1,597 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Quite hoenstly I cannot stand how the  uzi barely has any blindfire lock on anymore. That gun were always made to flank and pull and nothing more. Now pretty much meh if you ask me. I don't like blindfire but I think the awful melee system and lag and guns being whacky after the whining has made the game worse and needs to be addressed first. RoF needs to toned down. In fact, the whole problem with all these modern games with all these options is they are NEVER balanced. EVER. If devs simply stop making all these stupid decisions to copy COD we wouldn't be here whining.

And this is why I simply cannot support these franchises anymore. The multiplayer teams give in because in truth they don't play their own game enough to know what the true problems are. Too much pandering to kids whining on forums these days. It makes the game watered down. For once I would like a dev who actually knows that the **** they are doing. The fact people are still complaining about blindfire pretty much means we should have never even had the KAL to begin with. Blindfire isn't the problem. We have already nerfed the Uzi's into nothingness in this regard. What more do you people want? And when will it end is my question?

Message 64 of 1,597 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Nov 1, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

Quite hoenstly I cannot stand how the  uzi barely has any blindfire lock on anymore. That gun were always made to flank and pull and nothing more. Now pretty much meh if you ask me. I don't like blindfire but I think the awful melee system and lag and guns being whacky after the whining has made the game worse and needs to be addressed first.

And this is why I simply cannot support these franchises anymore. The multiplayer teams give in because in truth they don't play their own game enough to know what the true problems are. Too much pandering to kids whining on forums these days. It makes the game watered down. For once I would like a dev who actually knows that the **** they are doing. The fact people are still complaining about blindfire pretty much means we should have never even had the KAL to begin with. Blindfire isn't the problem. We have already nerfed the Uzi's into nothingness in this regard. What more do you people want? And when will it end is my question?

Except it's not just the KAL-7 that's the problem. Go hop into Classic Mode and see what most players are doing.

Photobucket
Message 65 of 1,597 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 1, 2012
I never had mid-game kicking. I stopped lagging around the later half of October too, Sand. Are you sure you just don't have a bad connection? Maybe you're sponging and you don't know it.

BTW did you know you can kill people by blindfiring the G-MAL? Maybe they were using Roman's?

Also, what about pistol variety? It's either Drake, Jade or Marlowe's Para all over the place. I use Marlowe's Para, I admit. Who doesn't want the good ol' three-then-melee trick?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 66 of 1,597 (541 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 1, 2012
To be sure, I'll call it Four-score. You blindfire 4 shots with the Para, then wack and roll. Works like a charm, bro. Screw long guns. Para 9 + Cloaked is THE **bleep**.
Message 67 of 1,597 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

I gave Kudos on here anyway because I know this game has tons of problems and blindfire IS one of them. I don't care for Classic at all. In fact, I don't even like this game anymore. Way too much lag for me and with a great connection that is just ridiculous.

This game however has been watered down ever since summer beta and it just keeps getting tangled on all the whining on these forums. The legitimate people want things done right and so far ND has just messed up everything they do but only by small amounts. It can be fixed but they need to be willing to make these slight changes to guns to make everything balanced.

I know the KAL isn't really the problem. Blindfire in general just needs to be toned properly no other way around it. I die so many times from melee and BF and lag that this game simply isn't that much fun anymore. I mean, ffs, I was drinking a bunch of wine a couple nights ago and could not believe how much hatred spewed out of me in a 6 hour session with this game. I wasn't doing that bad but the lag, blindfire, and the ridiculous problems with FAL and GMAL overwhelmed me.

They want newcomers to get into the game yet they make all the legitimate aim weapons so hard to control that they are simply dominated for the most part by all the cheesy elements in this game.

I will say I knew what I was in for. I quit after Fall beta because I saw the direction this game was taking and I never bought the game until now. Well, from what I played I don't really care to go online again at all. It's just mediocre and cheesy imho. And Hardcore mode being taken out was another huge problem for me.

Message 68 of 1,597 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6977 posts

Nov 2, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I never had mid-game kicking. I stopped lagging around the later half of October too, Sand. Are you sure you just don't have a bad connection? Maybe you're sponging and you don't know it.

BTW did you know you can kill people by blindfiring the G-MAL? Maybe they were using Roman's?

Also, what about pistol variety? It's either Drake, Jade or Marlowe's Para all over the place. I use Marlowe's Para, I admit. Who doesn't want the good ol' three-then-melee trick?

Well I have lagged every now and then, but it has been fine lately until the recent patch like many others have been having. I am assuming it isn't my problem as my lag isn't even consistent, I can have a match that goes perfectly and then my screen goes black out of nowhere and i'm in the lobby, then from then on the rest of the night my connection is perfect.

Yes I know you can kill people blindfiring the G-mal, it is actually pretty effective since you only need 1 burst and a punch, but hey you can also get blindfire kills with a Dragon and even a T-bolt.

I personally never saw the problem with pistol variety in things being OP. I mean since release, the Para and Micro have been the only 2 pistols used, not because they are neccesarily OP but because the other 2 are so ineffective, sure the Tau is better now but can still use some work. And I don't even know why ND hasn't buffed the raffica yet...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 69 of 1,597 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 2, 2012

The raffica hahahaha. I tried that for about an hour and will never pick it up again. I am sure someone here will burst in and go DUDE RAFFICA is the BEST gun in the game like they do in every thread. I am starting to think these people have an inner fear that a weapon like the GMAL or some pistol will get tweaked and their BF'ing/melee tactcs won't work as they 'should' because these weapons can legitimately be aimed again.

Message 70 of 1,597 (513 Views)
0 Likes