Nov 5, 2012

Kudos.

Message 81 of 1,597 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed - (41 kudos) :P

Nov 5, 2012

I love getting killed by people who don't aim, but I'm aiming dead on someone and hitting them and they still kill me. /s

Message 82 of 1,597 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

The uzis always were supposed to have blindfire that is what made them fun in the first place. They were a tad too strong in Summer beta and then they were made useless for the most part. Really not many weapons need blindfire nerfs. The problem comes with the weapons with high rates of fire end of story.

The M9 and Para are by far the worst at this point and if only those were dealt with it would be 1000% better. The M9 in general just needs to be rethought. I seriously cannot believe the transformation of this game. If you go from Summer Beta to now you would think the devs seriously have no idea what and the hell they are doing. Oh wait....

Message 83 of 1,597 (776 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Lol, the Para. That gun is insane, and nobody ('cept for a few) care about it. It does better blindfire than the Micro. The MICRO. The gun made SPECIFICALLY for blindfire purposes.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 84 of 1,597 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

Nov 5, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Lol, the Para. That gun is insane, and nobody ('cept for a few) care about it. It does better blindfire than the Micro. The MICRO. The gun made SPECIFICALLY for blindfire purposes.

Its not the para's ability to blindfire, its BLINDFIRE all together that is too strong.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 85 of 1,597 (757 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Brother, you can nerf the blindfire on rverything, but the Para's three-then-melee stays.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 86 of 1,597 (753 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
825 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I agree with most of this, but there was on thing from the solution area that I disagree with. Blindfire should not have any lock on but it should always go where the camera is facing ( Inside the large bullet spread ). If we do you solution we can't run away and blindfire behind us. In my opinion this is what should happen.

Blindfire changes:

No auto lock
Bullets always go inside the large blindfire reticle no matter where the camera is ( The reticle is in the middle of the screen )
You move at 105% speed of normal run when runing and gunning ( When your blindfiring behind you )

Why this would be would be fair:

The no auto lock would fix the blindfire from 20 yards away because of two reasons. Reason one being that it will be very hard to line up the reticle to your opponent, and reason two being the fact that the reticle is so big that it would only often hit if you were pratically right next to them.

The 105% speed bonus promotes escaping blindfire through the use of blindfire, this is how blindfire has been used in all the campaign's when your running away from a monster or something along the lines of them.

WIth these two changes I think blindfire will no longer be a tactic and would only ever become a last resort. But now theres still one problem, blindfire accuracy mod to keep it a vaulable mod it would give 20% ( or more ) of the current base blindfire value of that weapon.

Message 87 of 1,597 (749 Views)
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Nov 5, 2012

brandon207_ wrote:

I agree with most of this, but there was on thing from the solution area that I disagree with. Blindfire should not have any lock on but it should always go where the camera is facing ( Inside the large bullet spread ). If we do you solution we can't run away and blindfire behind us. In my opinion this is what should happen.

you make a good point with that, and I must say that I actually thought about that, but the problem with blindfire in the direction the camera is facing, is that it doesn't really solve the zig-zagging all blindfiring towards an opponent, because you just keep looking at your opponent and blindfire him while he hardly can't hit you with aiming due to the zig-zagging, but if you blindfire in the direction you are running, like I suggested, then that problem is solved, because you can only blindfire the opponent to death if you run directly to him, it's indeed a pity that you can't run away while blindfiring to avoid the close combat situation, but I prefer this more, it is a good thought though Smiley Wink

Message 88 of 1,597 (733 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
825 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Without the aim assist I think it will be pretty hard to constantly re adjust the reticle to the target. You do have some great ideas though but I still think they need to keep the running and gun to avoid cqc. Just my thoughts Smiley Happy Heavily agree with the blindfire nerf though, a few matchs ago I would be going head up with these people for them to realise there losing so they run and blindfire me with m9 rof :/

Message 89 of 1,597 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
584 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Blindfire isn't the problem, is melee damage which does a crapload of damage and is used as a finisher to blindfire.

Melee damage should be nerfed to about 30% of health, currently is at least 50%, maybe more.  Stealth kills should remain instant kill though.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 90 of 1,597 (722 Views)
0 Likes