Jul 07 2012
By: TheExtracter Gaming Beast 1876 posts

Hardcore Fixes (Official thread)

[ Edited ]
8 replies 235 views Edited Jul 7, 2012

Hardcore is quickly taking over FFA as my most played mode, no rate of fire, no revenge, no steel fisting from Kal-7. With the mode rewarding snipers, as it takes the same bullets to kill. I know the community wants a Classic mode thread, but I think if hardcore is fixed it will be better than any classic mode.

Ok first of all let’s see all the things it’s doing right and do not need to be changed:

-High health: Most people find hardcore to be most frustrating because of this. but this is one of the best pros of this mode, think about it, no quick steel fisting from Kal-7 users, no random Gmal 2 bursts kills (for people who complain about it ) and more than any mode this one rewards the snipers, while not having a handy booster like Scoped In, the high health ensures that if you have decent aim you will dominate in any range with this gun. AS most people complain that the dragon is OP in this mode. How about playing one match with the dragon and watch your score. It can be frustrating at times losing all your kills to assists but that over cheap kills with the Kal-7 and ROF M9 and I'll take the assist gladly.

-No boosters: The second reason most people hate HC, it bans any boosters and while it may not give that U2 feeling, it prevents cheap, easy kills. By which I of course mean revenge. (Not much explanation needed)

-No kickbacks: Again no real problem with kickbacks, but its safe knowing that the guy you are about to shoot can’t pull a RPG out of his a**.

-No fu***ng  power plays: No explanation needed.

Now for the fixes:

-Clip size: The extra health as I mentioned is a pro but with that ensures you can't take out two enemies in a row, I love that it allows no mods for guns but how about increasing the clip size to about +0.5 Clip size mod, thus rewarding accurate players with an extra ammo to use if in need. This is again is one of the reasons why people hate it, as when you’re done with one enemy his pal will kill you before you start shooting again.

-The power weapon spawns: A high skill based mode such as this one, should not grant easy kills to one if he is lucky enough to be the in the team which spawns with ALL of the power weapons. E.g. in London Underground, the villains spawn nearer to: a RPG, a shot gun, a T-bolt while the opposing team is given a MAG-5. Yup, totally balanced, I agree that this should be a change in all game types but especially in HC for the reasons mentioned above. For London underground the best place for all the power weapons should be in dead center to where the heroes and villains face off, parallel to each other.   An excellent suggestion was given by Southpaw, that, HC should only have one power weapon, like elimination, and it should be in dead center in relation to the spawns of the villains/heroes.

-The treasure drops: Firstly for the love of god remove 'Just Cash' medals from HC, I don't want to die three times to just find out I got 250$, I know you mentioned in the questions thread that you're not going to change the rarity of some treasures, that’s perfectly fine, I'd be perfectly alright if some matches go by without treasure drops, at least I'll not get frustrated by knowing that the I'd be fine if I didn't pick that treasure up. How about completely removing all repeats, that how when you see a treasure pop up you'll at least know its new. I know most people want this for all other modes, but you can use a lovely booster known as treasure hunter to vastly increase your chances for a rare treasure. And if you want people to keep coming back for this how about auto pickup for all treasures before the match ends.

(As an additional note I have completed all my HC treasure sets, so this is not a slap in the face to anyone who accomplished this feat before)

- Team Safe Grenades: I cannot stress how important this is in this mode. People throw a grenade to the enemy 3 ft from you to get a cheap kill, and you can’t even kick ‘em  because the kill registers to the other team.

-Ok one more adjustment, lowering the recoil of the Kal-7 and reducing its BF accuracy. I know I mentioned that the Kal-7 is fine in HC, but this will yet be another reason for people to join who love aiming with the KAL - Skin, Pete, southpaw, me etc. Why do we need another aim able automatic you ask?  Just because of the melodious song this gun sings when firing.

Please tell me what more this mode needs to be perfect and if enough people support it I'll add it to the OP.

I was able to recover this thread.Smiley Very Happy

Also according to the latest QOTW/POLL, people were very split up about the high health, ranging from people who only play this mode, because of it, and people who don't.  I recommend having a lab for this aswell.

Message 1 of 9 (235 Views)
Survivor
2687 posts

Re: Hardcore Fixes (Official thread)

Jul 7, 2012
if only they could put a hardcore mode in UC2 with higher helath
Message 2 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2050 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I'd like to suggest an alternative to the power weapon spawns. The alternative being to take them out of HC.

Message 3 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I would LOVE if they changed the KAL's Fire rate to the same as in campaign....Itwould actually make it a viable weapon to use then Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9 (126 Views)
Survivor
2238 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I agree, why do people want boosters, kickbacks and the normal health??? Wouldn't it be exactly the same as TDM?

Signature02.png

Message 5 of 9 (118 Views)
PlayStation MVP
19179 posts

Jul 8, 2012

BreasticalsIRL wrote:

I would LOVE if they changed the KAL's Fire rate to the same as in campaign....Itwould actually make it a viable weapon to use then Smiley Happy

It already IS a viable weapon to use. It excels in blindfire and that's where it is meant to be used.

Message 6 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

BreasticalsIRL wrote:

It already IS a viable weapon to use. It excels in blindfire and that's where it is meant to be used.

meh, not at all, it gets chopped up pretty good by even the Gmal's SP, but what I want is that, for it to be like in the campaign, I remeber choosing this instead of the M9, great weapon there.

Message 7 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jul 8, 2012

TheExtracter wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

BreasticalsIRL wrote:

meh, not at all, it gets chopped up pretty good by even the Gmal's SP, but what I want is that, for it to be like in the campaign, I remeber choosing this instead of the M9, great weapon there.

I've also noticed that the AK shoots faster in the campaign than the multiplayer, no?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 8 of 9 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Jul 8, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

I've also noticed that the AK shoots faster in the campaign than the multiplayer, no?

Yes, it is just like the AK from the summer beta with the RoF mod enabled.

Message 9 of 9 (89 Views)