Oct 16 2013
By: egyptian_camel98 Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Has Anyone Ever Done This?

11 replies 892 views Edited Oct 16, 2013

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post this on these forums or the Uc2 forums. I decided to post it here because the Uc2 forums are basically dead.

A couple of days ago, after losing a match in Uc3 (20-11) to 3 players using Rof, (15-9, (13-7) & (9-6), I turned off my ps3 because I couldn't take the uneven matchmaking & the cheap tactics.

I'm not here to complain about Uc3, that's not the point of this thread.

10 minutes later or so, a thought came to mind. What if I put in Uc2 & played it for a while, wondering if it was a good idea to come back to a game that hasn't been touched in months.

Anyways, after playing the game for a couple of hours in different game modes, (The Lab, TDM, Co-op Arena) I've never realized how much I enjoy this game. Besides the occasional glitcher, the game hasn't lost its touch one bit. Even though there's only 6,000 daily players, I had a blast playing it

After being in Level 50 for 9+ months, I leveled up in 1 day when I had 300,000 XP left to rank, it was the most I played & had fun of any game in ages.

In the end, I still love Uc3 & i'll always come back to it. I'm a better player there, with more experience & sprinting>bunnyhopping everytime, but there's just something about Uc2 that makes me always come back.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has done this or if its just me.
Have you ever taken out Uc3 after months of playing, because you felt like playing Uc2 or any old multiplayer game again?
Smiley Happy

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 12 (892 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Has Anyone Ever Done This?

Oct 16, 2013

Exactly the same happened to me lol. I ended up getting the U2 Platinum Smiley Tongue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 12 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Oct 16, 2013

You're not the only one, lol. Although it doesn't only happen with Uncharted. Around this time of year, a lot of people return to the last entry of the game because the current one is boring or stale to them.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 3 of 12 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Oct 16, 2013

Many times most of my friends will only come back to U3 if the suprise planned on November 1 in 2 weeks is still on...

Really hope Eric and the team continue with the promise in the Interview with RobinGaming from YouTube, the dude who created Uncharted TV

Give us new ranks! No? Ok. Smiley Sad

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/NFS-P-s-n-][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/NFS-P-s-n-.png[/IMG][/URL]

Message 4 of 12 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Oct 16, 2013

NFS-P-s-n- wrote:

Many times most of my friends will only come back to U3 if the suprise planned on November 1 in 2 weeks is still on...

Really hope Eric and the team continue with the promise in the Interview with RobinGaming from YouTube, the dude who created Uncharted TV

robin created uncharted TV? news to me o.O ... 

Message 5 of 12 (855 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Oct 16, 2013
I come back to UC3 a lot.
Usually mostly for local co op + online.
Most current games don't have Uc3's (Or Uc2) multiplayer choices though.
Not many can offer offline local + online and still keep it's beat after months either.
Smiley Happy

photo Skyssig_zps4089e803.gif

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/SKYDRAGONSHADOW?feature=mhee
https://twitter.com/SkyDragonShadow
Message 6 of 12 (852 Views)
Fender Bender
3341 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

Yes I actually went back to UC2 this prior summer alot.

The game in general has aged very well when I was playing Co-op on Sunday on the map flooded Ruins I was actually RE-impressed with how amazing the map looked compared to it's UC3 counterpart same with Facility.

But I absolutely suck at UC2 now lol. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 12 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Although not PS3 related but the only other MP game that came to mind was the greatest MP of this generation Halo 3 (IMO), I still play it even though it came out 6 years ago, even its ancient netcode isn't enough to ruin the experience. I feel Both UC2 & 3 will follow in the footsteps of Halo 3 and will continue to be active for years to come.

Now Sony needs to put UC2 on PS Plus as well, the MP player pool would benefit so much unlike the messy UC3 PS Plus offering.

Message 8 of 12 (811 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 17, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

But I absolutely suck at UC2 now lol. Smiley Sad

You're not bad at the game.

When I ran into a party of 5 on village, you should of seen the players on my team. Grenading themselves, suiciding, meleeing, shooting and even BBQ'ing each other. The only thing they didn't do was kill someone on the other team.

Another similiar player I found when I played Survival on Plaza,  was shooting the helicopter whenever it came. xD

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 12 (792 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 17, 2013
Well, I haven't played UC yet. I'm trying to figure out a way for people to stop trying to get in my locked car at GTA.

It's REALLY hard to rob stores if my getaway car is surrounded by selfish psychopaths.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 12 (787 Views)
0 Likes