Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Has Naughty Dog ditched the Tournament system?  I think so.

Jun 13, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Wouldn't just putting all BMMs in the lab be sort of a waste? I mean i'm all for sticking them in customs and everything. But if they are stuck in the lab, then we essentially have 2 TDM modes, one with regular maps; one with mesh maps.

But isn't this the case currently?? so they might as well put them all out for all the newer players to experience.

Message 21 of 30 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

They should put all the BMM except the horrible campers paradise #8 into rotation for voting, i'm sure their servers can handle it. 

Would be the best thing to do, if they cant have all the BBMs then instead they can put the other experimental game modes in the Lab.

I agree i'm still waiting for them to bring back the T-Bolt lab I hate sniping but it was pretty fun.

Message 22 of 30 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6183 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Wouldn't just putting all BMMs in the lab be sort of a waste? I mean i'm all for sticking them in customs and everything. But if they are stuck in the lab, then we essentially have 2 TDM modes, one with regular maps; one with mesh maps.

But isn't this the case currently?? so they might as well put them all out for all the newer players to experience.

Difference being is that they were cycled out regularly, and currently with dodgeball and #6 I actually don't like it much either. I mean sure dodgeball is fun for 2 seconds and 6 is great for scoped-in. But if people are still playing this mnoths from now and it isn't dead then those will get pretty boring.

Mesh maps were fine when the lab was changing everyweek, but if it ends up being all we get for an indefinite amount of time, (since they are all regular TDM rules) it essentially becomes a TDM mode with different maps.

photo Sniper.png
Message 23 of 30 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 13, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Difference being is that they were cycled out regularly, and currently with dodgeball and #6 I actually don't like it much either. I mean sure dodgeball is fun for 2 seconds and 6 is great for scoped-in. But if people are still playing this mnoths from now and it isn't dead then those will get pretty boring.

Mesh maps were fine when the lab was changing everyweek, but if it ends up being all we get for an indefinite amount of time, (since they are all regular TDM rules) it essentially becomes a TDM mode with different maps.

I agree but all i'm saying it's kinda clear ND is done with this game why not just put out all the BMM, certainly better than having just two choices for weeks or months.

Alot of people actually haven't played on most of the BMM's believe it or not.

Message 24 of 30 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6183 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I agree but all i'm saying it's kinda clear ND is done with this game why not just put out all the BMM, certainly better than having just two choices for weeks or months.

The best outcome I can see is if the lab just gets all the previous weapon labs we had thrown into the voting cycle; although that is out of reach, anything done with the lab will be unsatisfactory as the sas/mag lab we had (although in my opinion fun) did get boring being the only thing for 2 months. And the BMMs won't be a fair compromise as well as they offer nothing new other then just further imbalanced maps

photo Sniper.png
Message 25 of 30 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 13, 2013

scootgar wrote:

As noted, if you think that UC3 is going to get any attention, think back to the release of UC3.  How much attention did UC2 get?

Does anyone really give a sniffing pig**bleep** about amountie hat when there are still, STILL bugs from the beta?  2 years...

Um.........

Naughty dog had said somewhere that right now almost all of ND's employees are working The Last Of Us, but after its release ND will start to put people back to work on Uncharted. If I dont see some changes such as a lab rotation after 2-3 weeks then ND is indeed done with Uncharted.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 26 of 30 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Has Naughty Dog ditched the Tournament system? I think so.

Jun 13, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The best outcome I can see is if the lab just gets all the previous weapon labs we had thrown into the voting cycle; although that is out of reach, anything done with the lab will be unsatisfactory as the sas/mag lab we had (although in my opinion fun) did get boring being the only thing for 2 months. And the BMMs won't be a fair compromise as well as they offer nothing new other then just further imbalanced maps

Im sure having all the labs that have been options before all thrown together would be much better than having one lab forever. I love the T-Bolt but I would get bored after a while if thats all the lab was.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 27 of 30 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 13, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Monochrome_F3ar wrote:
Looks like they pulled a U2 on us and stopped caring about this game once TLOU started up. So glad im buying it used thus giving them ZERO profit from it.

You know what? I'll laugh hard at ND groupies that know nothing about their previous MP fiascos, as soon as they abandon TLOU MP in favor of UC4.

I laugh harder at the ones who do know about ND's MP fiascos and go along with it anyway.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 28 of 30 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
2166 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I agree with you scoot. Trust me, I'd trade in all my hats for one solid fix, but that isn't going to happen. Hats have been the only thing I can look forward to in UC3, and when they can't even do that right, I don't know what to think. For a long time I've questioned the Tournament system from a legal standpoint, and now that ND don't even offer what they advertise, I'm confused as to how this messed up system is even still up and running. They need to remove the purchasable tickets from the store if ND are going to do this

Anyway, last I heard, they were going to "Investigate" this problem, no idea if anything has been done yet, can't really be bothered checking, I think a break from mulitplayer games will do me some good.

Speaking of which, UC3 MP will probably become even more laggy soon, and TLOU MP (in my opinion) is a huge steaming pile of crap, (still a brilliant single player though). So, dark times ahead, but I'm in no rush for UC4, I want to see it dome right this time, which I really doubt will happen.
Pepsi
Message 29 of 30 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The tournament system was a joke for me from the very start.  That's why I never even try anymore or bother to try for the tournaments.

And the lag increasing even more in UC3, yeah I can see that. I kinda like TLOU's multiplayer, its not bad but not great.  Case in point, I think I'll only hop back on UC3 every once in a while with friends now.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 30 of 30 (173 Views)
0 Likes