Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: duomas First Son 12 posts

Have the developers ever addressed the unbalanced teams?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 327 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

very aggravating when you are teamed up against legacy and level 75 players and all you're stuck with are 11,14,possibly two other 75 players. It's either "stay in the game and lose" or "quit the game and have it count as a loss." Now, i'm an okay player and i'm not saying i need all level 75 players to win. I don't even care about losing, as long as the teams were even, that's fine. But in games like team objective where you sort of need all five players to win, it gets really frustrating when you have bad snipers on your teamcamping the entire match or just plain useless teammates running around. 

I guess my point is, why can't we have the choice to quit the game while we are still in the lobby?

Message 1 of 10 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Re: Have the developers ever addressed the unbalanced teams?

Jan 14, 2013
I agree its annoying when you are sometimes the only person trying to complete an objective while others are busy camping or kill farming.

Anyways I'm guessing the reason they don't allow us to back out of a game while in the lobby is because matches would take forever to start with people constantly leaving.
Message 2 of 10 (315 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Matchmaking like that was prioritized, but then lag needed to be adressed first, with tweaking to make it more ping based instead of level based. Right now it needs to be completely 100% ping based until UC3 gets a bigger player pool.

Ping Based Matchmaking>Level Based Matchmaking

Message 3 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jan 14, 2013

You can. Just make sure you XMB signout before the voting starts.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 4 of 10 (257 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 14, 2013

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Matchmaking like that was prioritized, but then lag needed to be adressed first, with tweaking to make it more ping based instead of level based. Right now it needs to be completely 100% ping based until UC3 gets a bigger player pool.

Ping Based Matchmaking>Level Based Matchmaking

I agree with this, UC3's player pool is small. Maybe 40000 players spread out between all competitve and coop modes. Ping based matchmaking would be 100x better, I dont care if every match i face a super a party i just want it to be a fair fight.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 5 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 15, 2013

exactly. losing's not bad when the other team is clearly superior. But instances happen where like three of us all charge in clearing a hill guarded by three of them in team objective and end up dying in the process, leaving the lone players on the other team to claim the hill. Before I respawn, I see one player on our team camping with a sniper rifle, and another whose waiting at the wrong hill area with 30 seconds until 2:00. 

Message 6 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Thats why when I play alone, I dont take the match too seriously, I know I'll lose to the party of 4 or 5 on the other team. This game isn't that fun without friends anyway.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 7 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Balanced map making, balanced match making, and balanced weapons are NO LONGER part of the NDI lexicon.  "Balance" must be one of the funniest jokes at the the NDI studio offices.  I like to imagine that NDI employees hovers over their computers and cackle manically at requests for balance. 

The net code for this game does not allow for balance.  Imbalance?  NDI's got that down COLD, and are very, very talented in that department. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 8 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jan 16, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Balanced map making, balanced match making, and balanced weapons are NO LONGER part of the NDI lexicon.  "Balance" must be one of the funniest jokes at the the NDI studio offices.  I like to imagine that NDI employees hovers over their computers and cackle manically at requests for balance. 

The net code for this game does not allow for balance.  Imbalance?  NDI's got that down COLD, and are very, very talented in that department. 

Imbalance in favor of casual players, mind you.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 9 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Jan 16, 2013

There is absolutely nothing wrong with matchmaking and it is perfect the way it is, just as much as all guns are perfectly balanced and there is no need to change anything drastic about these kind of things...

...According to ND

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes