146 posts

Re: Health and well being.

Jun 4, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

mat1995ps wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

While UC2 is the better game the thing that kills it for me is the low health, and don't try to defend UC2 on that, even Naughty Dog said that lowering the health was a mistake (which makes we wonder why they don't bring the high health back, then we all can go back playing UC2 and leave UC3 to die)

Not sure if I am the only ohne who thinks like this but spawns and grenades are a much bigger issue in U2.

Then some aspects of the health and then glitches.

Agreed 50%. Not really the grenades but the insta throws are annoying. The spawns in U2 are bad and at times straight up TERRIBLE. How many times have I killed a guy and ND decides to spawn him 30 feets behind me as soon as I turn my back. Or the game will randomly decide to spawn people in an area that it usually never does even if a player from the opposion team is 10 feet away.

Fort is the worst.People will spawn on villains base or hero´s base right behind you :smileyindifferent:

that's actually a spawn glitch I like, it will teach those campers over there a lesson :smileytongue:

Oh well,but it annoys me ,i always play carefully and people kill me on this way :smileyindifferent: Unfair:smileytongue:

Message 21 of 54 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013
Most of the spawns in UC3 are just as bad as UC2 if it wasn't for Buddy Spawning, (or even worse when you are on maps like Desert Village and Syria). I've learned that from playing lots of Classic. I know Buddy Spawning isn't exactly the most respected among players, but in my opinion it was one of the greatest improvements, as it avoids more problems than it creates.

Anyway, I somewhat agree with you OP, but most of the health problems in UC3 are lag related. If you have lag free matches on both UC2 and UC3, it's obvious that UC3 has more health. Having no leg boxes, and Kickbacks are a huge issue though, and I can understand you wanting to switch back to UC2 for those reasons, but both games have huge faults. Maybe one day ND will get it right.
Pepsi
Message 22 of 54 (222 Views)
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 4, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Maybe one day ND will get it right.

We'll see in 10 days. TLOU MP looks like U3 x MGS.

Message 23 of 54 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CritRate wrote:

SjShane wrote:
Maybe one day ND will get it right.

We'll see in 10 days. TLOU MP looks like U3 x MGS.

You've seen some TLOU MP?

and MGS's online was amazingly fun...although with faults of it's own as well.

photo Sniper.png
Message 24 of 54 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I'd love it if TLOU turned out great, but from what I've seen and read, it's not the MP I've been looking for. The maps and the skins look nice though.

@sanddude20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejL44YihoU8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pepsi
Message 25 of 54 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Oh wow it actually looks like a unique expereince, which is what I'm looking for.very little ammo, and it looks more like a survival than an all-out shootout

If there is a mode involving the infected then i'm sold on the MP.

photo Sniper.png
Message 26 of 54 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I don't know, something about it reminds me of the Tomb Raider MP, despite the fact they don't have many similar traits. Maybe it's the lack if aim assist, hopefully the people playing just had a crappy aim, but melee looks more powerful than shooting someone. I'm also not looking forward to the radar, listen mode, weapon mods and boosters, just a simple stealth MP would have been nice, but it looks like ND went overboard again, which could easily create an endless balance issue that won't ever be solved.

If I don't like it, I'll still play it once in a while, and maybe just screw around in that bathroom.... If you know what I mean...
Pepsi
Message 27 of 54 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4532 posts

Jun 4, 2013

mat1995ps wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

mat1995ps wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

While UC2 is the better game the thing that kills it for me is the low health, and don't try to defend UC2 on that, even Naughty Dog said that lowering the health was a mistake (which makes we wonder why they don't bring the high health back, then we all can go back playing UC2 and leave UC3 to die)

Not sure if I am the only ohne who thinks like this but spawns and grenades are a much bigger issue in U2.

Then some aspects of the health and then glitches.

Agreed 50%. Not really the grenades but the insta throws are annoying. The spawns in U2 are bad and at times straight up TERRIBLE. How many times have I killed a guy and ND decides to spawn him 30 feets behind me as soon as I turn my back. Or the game will randomly decide to spawn people in an area that it usually never does even if a player from the opposion team is 10 feet away.

Fort is the worst.People will spawn on villains base or hero´s base right behind you :smileyindifferent:

that's actually a spawn glitch I like, it will teach those campers over there a lesson :smileytongue:

Oh well,but it annoys me ,i always play carefully and people kill me on this way :smileyindifferent: Unfair:smileytongue:

Fort spawns suck but are highly exploitable if you want to camp. I promise you Matthjis_17 that if you play against me on Fort you'll get spawn killed at least once. I know that people are going to spawn on me whether I on that map or not so I just kill them right as they spawn.

Message 28 of 54 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Though I'm not a fan of the radar and listen mode thing, I feel it kinda fits into this format. As you gotta fight for survival in a way, with listening to enemy movement and being careful along with limited ammunition. I mean it seems like you can't run around guns a' blazin and kill everyone on the team, but you actually gotta play tactical, make every shot count, and whatnot. That's what it looks to me anyway.

photo Sniper.png
Message 29 of 54 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Jun 4, 2013

While health is higher in U3, the relative health in the two games in terms of how fast you die is largely the same. There are now just more ways to kill slower in U3 than in U2.

The aiming mechanic in U3 is far superior to U2. U2 uses spray cones on automatics, while in U3 automatics use the recoil jump reticle that moves around within your reticle and will show where your next shot will be fired towards, rather than a random spot within the cone allowing you to have more skilled aiming. Also I can't stand firing in U2 anymore because it lacks the rumble feedback I'm used to in U3 so I will start firing and forget I even started.

Also rolling feels clunkier and corner shooting and bonny hopping are even worse than wack and roll.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 30 of 54 (183 Views)