Jun 03 2013
By: DEATH__MACHINIST Treasure Hunter 3768 posts

Health and well being.

[ Edited ]
53 replies 520 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

Okay so I want your thoughts.

I often get into discussions with people as to why I like playing U2 over U3.

Fact is I never play U3 at all anymore and find myself enjoying Uncharted again.

The one thing that most say to me is " I don't like U2 because of the low health".

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Where do you think the health is actually lower?

When I play U3 one of these scenarios happens,

Die from kick back power weapon, only on map on U2

Die from whack and roll similar to steel fist

Die from rate of fire M9, faster kill time that M4

Die from Dragon, power weapon on U2

Die from Gmal same two burst kill of U2

Die from blind fire of Para, way more BF accurate than 92fps

Die getting shot in the legs climbing or rolling, hit boxes separate in U2.

To me the only real difference in health is the horrid aiming shooting mechanics of U3.

This argument really p's me off and being a "VALID" argument.

I have more to say but lunch is over, back to work.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 1 of 54 (520 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Health and well being.

Jun 3, 2013
Health is lower in UC2 post a certain infamous patch. ND even stated once UC3 came out that lowering the health on UC2 was a mistake.

UC2 weapons also lack the minor aiming assist, such as with the FAL or Dragon Sniper.

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 2 of 54 (516 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

nicolepwned wrote:
Health is lower in UC2 post a certain infamous patch. ND even stated once UC3 came out that lowering the health on UC2 was a mistake.

UC2 weapons also lack the minor aiming assist, such as with the FAL or Dragon Sniper.

Not what I was getting at.

I'm asking why you think the health is higher.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 3 of 54 (513 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Well if you're worried about your health you need to take 15 minute-breaks every hour so that you avoid any eye problems or wrist stuff- oh the topic is misleading sorry.

Honestly, I think people just make up stuff why they like UC2 over UC3 or vice versa. I mean, the actual answer would be "this just happens to stick to me more than the other one." I mean, it's just preference and stuff.

As for health, it's hard to tell. They both suck. The Dragon is 1HK in UC2, it's a loadout wep in UC3. The Para is like 92FS anyway. Just pick a game, play that.

Seriously. What is up with people comparing these games. Just play **bleep** it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 54 (500 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Another argument on why UC2 is the "superior" MP, whatever that means...

Both games are good and at the same time have their problems... I'm sure someone will be in this thread argueing that UC3 mp is way better and you will both disagree with each other and probably both bring up good points for each stance...but in the end both of you will not change your mind on what is better and such...

In other words, this seems pointless

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 54 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I don't have time to type up a LP like essay but if I understand your question properly the answer I believe your looking for is guns that are easier to aim and stopping power.

Message 6 of 54 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 3, 2013

When I play U3 one of these scenarios happens,

Die from kick back power weapon, only on map on U2. Agreed. I guess.

Die from whack and roll similar to steel fist Won't disagree, lag makes it so similar.

Die from rate of fire M9, faster kill time that M4 But harder to aim, so will kill quicker in theory but not in practice.

Die from Dragon, power weapon on U2 IMHO the U3 Dragon is more comparable to the U2 FAL, atleast in custom play. Haven't played with the Dragon much in pubs.

Die from Gmal same two burst kill of U2 Stopping power and recoil which is a pro/con.

Die from blind fire of Para, way more BF accurate than 92fps But 6 shots compared to one bullet + punch?

Die getting shot in the legs climbing or rolling, hit boxes separate in U2. If your close to an enemy you don't climb, so higher accuracy/lower recoil is a big factor.

Nice to see a difference of opinions.

Message 7 of 54 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

I was accustomed to playing UC2 MP after the health debacle (I have over 1000 Get off my lawn medals), but the Summer beta just ruined it for me. I tried to go back to UC2 MP, but I just couldn't. Smiley Sad

It's like trying to drive a left hand car in the UK. Your brain is confused when you are accustomed to a certain driving pattern.

Apart from that, I don't like the fact that I can't change boosters mid-game. What if I use Evasion and the opposing team uses DTI? What if I use DTI and the opposing team uses SA? It's a waste of a booster slot.

Also, there are more MEX/BRA players. I guess a 4-year old game must be dirt cheap in their countries or they just can't afford to buy UC3. I can't blame them. We don't live in a fair world.

edit: I forgot to mention glitchers. Yeah, I know that I can fight fire with fire, but I just don't want to. Both TDM and Plunder are ruined glitch-wise.

The only potentially fun thing for me would be to play in a party of 5 in Objectives and ruin boosting sessions. Smiley Very Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 54 (448 Views)
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Jun 3, 2013

While UC2 is the better game the thing that kills it for me is the low health, and don't try to defend UC2 on that, even Naughty Dog said that lowering the health was a mistake (which makes we wonder why they don't bring the high health back, then we all can go back playing UC2 and leave UC3 to die)

Message 9 of 54 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Apart from that, I don't like the fact that I can't change boosters mid-game. What if I use Evasion and the opposing team uses DTI? What if I use DTI and the opposing team uses SA? It's a waste of a booster slot.

Also, there are more MEX/BRA players. I guess a 4-year old game must be dirt cheap in their countries or they just can't afford to buy UC3. I can't blame them. We don't live in a fair world.

It's not a waste, theoretically you will still beat them in gunfights as you have less spread. 

I do that in customs though ;P Use SA (countering their strategy) then the next game switch to DTI/RH when they all put Evasion on and use a more rambo playstyle.

Maybe it's lower health/lack of rolling to avoid melee but lag is less noticable in U2, imo atleast.

Message 10 of 54 (437 Views)
0 Likes