Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2013
By: Barrack69 First Son 18 posts
Accepted Solution

Hello everyone

21 replies 351 views Edited Oct 25, 2013

Hello everyone. I am so glad to find this forum after playing the game for over 2 years. First off my name s taken from the David Eddings book series  The Belgariad series. Has nothing to do with everyone’s first impression upon seeing my name. Hate the guy. Secondly I am married with 3 children and play this game an average of 5 hours a week.

My game play is average but I consider this my sanctuary when I have alone time. I am not sure if it is because I play on wireless or not but have been trying to understand how others are able to get 3 shots, which seems like a sort of auto lock on me, compared to my 1 to 2 shots not hitting efficiently. I am trying to shoot while straffing, hopefully timing it well so I am not always the victim. Is there an auto lock of some type that I am not aware of, do people who use a virtual keyboard, as apposed to the PS3 joystick, have a semi auto lock for a short period of time to enable them to lock on me longer? I notice that it seems when I am behind a wall, longer then maybe 5 tenths of a second and somehow I get nailed in head. So many questions I have, I am hoping to increase my ability rather then being a hinder to the team. I only play Multiplayer lab because team death match, I seem to hide more and shoot rather then going out in public and getting whacked quickly because of the delay I seem to have on locking and aiming. Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (351 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Re: Hello everyone

Oct 25, 2013
Hello and welcome to the forums. I take it you've missed the peak of this community. It was very alive around a year ago, but it died due to recent games, especially ND's new release The Last of Us.

I'll ignore the political talk and get right on to your problem. Have you heard of blindfire or hipfire? Both are in this game, and both unfortunately definitely has a strong auto-aiming system. Blindfire or hipfire with automatic weapons is quite deadly, meaning.

I can't provide you with methods on how to go against such tactics, but hopefully someone else will share insight.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (348 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Not sure of both or how to use.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Alright. Both work essentially the same: press r2 to fire, don't aim.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 25, 2013
How does this help long range?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Barrack69 wrote:

Hello everyone. I am so glad to find this forum after playing the game for over 2 years. First off my name s taken from the David Eddings book series  The Belgariad series. Has nothing to do with everyone’s first impression upon seeing my name. Hate the guy. Secondly I am married with 3 children and play this game an average of 5 hours a week.

My game play is average but I consider this my sanctuary when I have alone time. I am not sure if it is because I play on wireless or not but have been trying to understand how others are able to get 3 shots, which seems like a sort of auto lock on me, compared to my 1 to 2 shots not hitting efficiently. I am trying to shoot while straffing, hopefully timing it well so I am not always the victim. Is there an auto lock of some type that I am not aware of, do people who use a virtual keyboard, as apposed to the PS3 joystick, have a semi auto lock for a short period of time to enable them to lock on me longer? I notice that it seems when I am behind a wall, longer then maybe 5 tenths of a second and somehow I get nailed in head. So many questions I have, I am hoping to increase my ability rather then being a hinder to the team. I only play Multiplayer lab because team death match, I seem to hide more and shoot rather then going out in public and getting whacked quickly because of the delay I seem to have on locking and aiming. Thanks for the help.

you're married with 3 children, please say that it's not true :smileysurprised:

in all seriousness though, I don't know what is causing this, I have wireless as well and am not experiencing such problems :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Well, blindfire and hipfire are highly discouraged long-range. It's just to easily kill someone mid-range or nearer.

If people are killing you fast in long range, I'm betting either a very steady thumb or some severe lag issues causing shots to register late.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Ok so it seems lag issues could be a reason. So as for auto lock, long range, is there any?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Oct 25, 2013
None, as far I know. They probably are just good shots by now. The game's been out or quite some time and some people have honed that skill.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to explain a little bit that it is not bad play but network issues effecting my game play.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (295 Views)
0 Likes