Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Re: Hello everyone

Oct 25, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
None, as far I know. They probably are just good shots by now. The game's been out or quite some time and some people have honed that skill.

Especially the T-Bolt. I have started to find certain methods (not lagging) to getting the shots just right, but this has come over time.

Message 11 of 22 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
315 posts

Oct 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forums. I take it you've missed the peak of this community. It was very alive around a year ago, but it died due to recent games, especially ND's new release The Last of Us.

I'll ignore the political talk and get right on to your problem. Have you heard of blindfire or hipfire? Both are in this game, and both unfortunately definitely has a strong auto-aiming system. Blindfire or hipfire with automatic weapons is quite deadly, meaning.

I can't provide you with methods on how to go against such tactics, but hopefully someone else will share insight.

It's been two years and TheStuntDouble is still politely and patiently answering questions from new forumers. Kudos to that fella.

Message 12 of 22 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Hey I just started playing the multiplayer about two months ago. I think the only tactic that works well against blind fire is to roll around as a team. Hopefully you can out match those ya-hooo's that run around blind firing with KAL-7's w/rof!!  I also like to use a call out mod on my weapon.  I'll be honest I'm a bad shot and if someone runs up on me w/blind fire, at least I can get a couple shots on them and let my team mates do the rest.  I almost always wind up w/ more assists than kills, but I would rather win than have good stats.

I totally can relate to the sanctuary thing. I'm married with three kids of my own.  I play under the username x_IS_, and I'm usually on after 9:00 PM EST.

To your question though, I agree I think there is a lag issue, especially if you’re getting nailed after you've taken cover (same thing happens to me sometimes).  You may want to consider setting up a static IP address (check out YouTube).  I play on a wireless connection. Generally have about 3.5 down / 1.5 up, NAT 2, and by placing the ps3 on my metal cable box I almost always have 100% connection strength.  I know this isn’t outstanding, but I think its good enough.  I don’t think I have lag issues, at least I don’t experience it on my end, and I haven’t received any hate mail about my lag.

Message 13 of 22 (250 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Thank You for your reply. My play time is very speratic. most days I play from 230 pm to 330 pm. Mostly I play before going to work in the am at 3 am to 4 am. I would need to do some research on the fixes you have mentioned only because I am unfamiliar with all of that info. I added you this morning and hopefully, one day meet up with you and have some free time without the kids. Smiley Happy

Thank you again.

Message 14 of 22 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I think for the most part you'd prefer playing in the peak times of your place (afternoon or nighttime around 6-10PM). Most times, your place isn't online, so you will be connected with places far from you.

Also consider the amount of people near you that play UC3. In the Philippines for example, it's very rare that someone plays UC3 since the popular games are FF, Skyrim, Tekken, and most FPS games. Therefore, despite being online in peak times, I would still have some moderate lag due to the distance from other players.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 15 of 22 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 30, 2013

You may want to consider setting up a static IP address (check out YouTube).  I play on a wireless connection. Generally have about 3.5 down / 1.5 up, NAT 2, and by placing the ps3 on my metal cable box I almost always have 100% connection strength. 

I currently use Fios and DL at close to 20.5 and UL close to 5. Not sure but I need to check when I get home today. Should your solution still help me?

Message 16 of 22 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think for the most part you'd prefer playing in the peak times of your place (afternoon or nighttime around 6-10PM). Most times, your place isn't online, so you will be connected with places far from you.

Yes I am very familiar with playing with those across seas. I forgot the name given to those that play for the virtual currency. I am an ex  EVERQUEST  - World of WarCraft player. Smiley Happy

In case I have not done so already, thank you StuntDouble for the help you have given.

Message 17 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Ahhhh I remember now. They were referred to as gold farmers. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I wouldn’t worry about setting up a static IP address, you have pretty good connection.....it won’t be worth the trouble.  Apparently with the new patch players will be grouped on their ping, which should help out.  I think everyone experiences a certain amount of lag regardless of their connection.  As long as you’re not glitching all over and getting the white plug all the time, what you may be experiencing is normal.

Message 19 of 22 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Oct 30, 2013
You already thanked me my man. I'd ask if you want to play with me, but considering my luck it's best we don't meet.

You'd lag or I'd lag, you know. Nobody's gonna be happy.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 20 of 22 (180 Views)
0 Likes