Jul 16 2013
By: bailey24 First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Help - Uncharted 3 Trophy Not Unlocking

8 replies 546 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

I'm really at my wits end here.  I'm three trophies away from Platinum, but the thrillseeker trophy is not working.  I've played at least five games of both team deathmatch and free-for-all, and nothing.  I've had the disc of the game since launch, but it is currently with my brother at his college.  In the meantime, I've been playing the free-to-play Playstation Plus version, finishing up the trophies.  Can thrillseeker not be unlocked via free-to-play multiplayer?  I have also redeemed the online pass, so I honestly have no idea why this trophy won't unlock.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (546 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

Re: Help - Uncharted 3 Trophy Not Unlocking

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

I do not think that trophy can be earned sadly. I was surprised to see the co op mode unaccessible since the game was free for Plus. Kinda sucks honestly for a free plus game that is intended to stay in it for a long time to be restricted in this way but oh well. Better off getting your disc back so you can get the trophy without having to buy the co op mode for like 7 dollars since the free to play multiplayer requires add on purchases. If you have the disc and the online pass, you should be able to get the trophy no problem since you would have the full game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (538 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5115 posts

Jul 16, 2013

bailey24 wrote:

I'm really at my wits end here.  I'm three trophies away from Platinum, but the thrillseeker trophy is not working.  I've played at least five games of both team deathmatch and free-for-all, and nothing.  I've had the disc of the game since launch, but it is currently with my brother at his college.  In the meantime, I've been playing the free-to-play Playstation Plus version, finishing up the trophies.  Can thrillseeker not be unlocked via free-to-play multiplayer?  I have also redeemed the online pass, so I honestly have no idea why this trophy won't unlock.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  

The trophy guide on ps3trophies.org says you need to finish the match and get to the scoring screen.  Just to double-check, have you gone all the way to the scoring screen??  Otherwise, I don't know.  The guide says the trophy is fairly straightforward.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (524 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Thanks so much for replying guys.

VFR-Rider, thanks for the suggestion, I have definitely waited until the scoring screen and even played multiple games in a row just to make sure that I was in for the entire thing.  Unfortunately I think Shinra is right.  Seems like the Thrillseeker trophy just won't unlock with the free version of the game (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).  I'll have to wait until my brother comes back at the end of the month and pop in the disc and platinum the darn thing.  That ought to do the trick.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jul 17, 2013
You cannot get trophies in F2P, unless you buy the corresponding DLC set. You would need to buy the No Level Cap.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (486 Views)
Last Guardian
11007 posts

Jul 18, 2013
There is no co-op in f2p. Get the CD back...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I thought maybe DLC had something to do with it but the Thrillseeker trophy is in the core game.   If it was part of the DLC, that would make sense to me since why should F2P players get trophies they haven’t paid for?…but following the same logic (and by using the F2P version), it would seem that you hadn’t pay for the core game either (even though, in this case, you have).

I would get your disc back ASAP…”Thrillseeker” is not hard to get at all but depending on the other trophies you need, any “progress” you’re currently making with the F2P version probably won’t count and that would be disheartening! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Actually there is renatabls....DLC

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (417 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP