I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Help getting a rampant?

Nov 28, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Well, the problem with me is I can do really well, I can get really good scores, it's just that I can't get good streaks. I can get atleast a strike three in pretty much every match I play, it's just I'll either

1. Run into the entire enemy team

2. Get murdered with a power weapon

3. Get Marked (worst power play ever. besides double damage of course.)

I never seem to get killed because of a legitamate reason. I guess running into the enemy team is my fault, but pretty much everything else seems completely unavoidable! I'm playing against legacies too!

Well i've been playing Uncharted 3 for ages now. So many hours put into this game and i only have 3. You just gotta play more and get more experience.

Yeah, I've had the game since last Christmas. Except I've only really started trying to get a rampant more recently.

Matthewsike1st wrote:

If you want to avoid power plays than just play classic mode. When it comes to power weapons I think you should check the  kill feed to see if anyone has a power weapon and you should also go for power weapons the most possible. If you're playing TDM use the hammer kickback. Finally you should play as cautions as possible to avoid running into too many people at once.

I'm actually worse at classic mode. I prefer having all my loadouts and stuff. I do check the killfeed, and I do go for the power weapons. Normally I use Sniper because not to brag but I'm pretty good with the T-Bolt and I think that last one is the key.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 30 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I don't know how you play, but Cloaked + Bargain + T-Bolt should help.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 30 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

If you want to avoid power plays than just play classic mode. When it comes to power weapons I think you should check the  kill feed to see if anyone has a power weapon and you should also go for power weapons the most possible. If you're playing TDM use the hammer kickback. Finally you should play as cautions as possible to avoid running into too many people at once.

I'm actually worse at classic mode. I prefer having all my loadouts and stuff. I do check the killfeed, and I do go for the power weapons. Normally I use Sniper because not to brag but I'm pretty good with the T-Bolt and I think that last one is the key.

What is your loadout? Anyway if you're good with the sniper than you should use it, I was just suggesting the hammer if you weren't sure what kickback should be used

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 13 of 30 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Message 14 of 30 (192 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Nov 29, 2012

its hard to get a rampant now days in this game, specially with the lag going on, blindfire madness, unbalance match making. Everytime i have a good streak going on, someone spawns behind me even after checking that particular area and no one was there, or i get team killed Smiley Sad

If you want to get a rampant play with a friend, not a full party cus you would get your kills stolen, stay behind from where the gun fights usually happen, the dominant gun now is the M9 so use that, or gmal to shoot from far away. As for boosters i would recomment you for slot1: FleetFoot or Cloaked, for slot2: DareDevil or Bargain of course gold would be ideal

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 15 of 30 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Nov 29, 2012

First of all, don't aim for the Rampant right now as you don't even have a Rage. Go for the Streak, Fury & Rage, and get comfortable getting them. Then go for the Rampant once you've figured out how to hit the higher streaks.

I have about 40 Rage's and 5 Rampants across all my accounts. I even got another Rage about a half hour ago. Just stay calm, Don't go Rambo, Hog the PW's you're good with, Stay by the noob teammates and use them as bait (I.E, Let them go around the corner to see if they die)

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 16 of 30 (184 Views)
Sackboy
423 posts

Nov 29, 2012

To get a rampant, there are a few things you should do. First, equip guns and boosters that you know you are comfortable with and that you will preform well with. Second, know your power weapons spawns, as soon as the match starts run for the most powerful power weapon/ the one you use the best( some may argue a Hammer is better than a T-Bolt because the T-Bolt requires higher accuracy, if you're good with the T-bolt, use it) and try to find a high traffic area(these will normally be near power weapons and near spawns). That leads me into my third point, know  your spawns. Knowing the enemy spawn gives you an advantage since their guard may be down, it also lets you get the kills first because 9/10 times your team will be on the opposite side of the map. Finally, never go into 2v1 fights, never shoot at someone you can't kill, and know the range of your weapon, dont try to shoot someone mid map with an AK when they have a G-MAL.

Message 17 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, the reason I like T-Bolt over hammer is that I'm pretty good with it so I can normally get at least 3 kills with it, and by that time I have 6 or 7 medals for my next kickback.

Also does playing in a party help?
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 30 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Nov 29, 2012

If you play in a party, it may or may not help. If you're playing in a party ask them to go lighter on the killing of you're going for a rampant. So far, I've only gotten one rampant in a party. The good part about having a party is that they will help you and sometimes save you from breaking your streak.

Message 19 of 30 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:
Yeah, the reason I like T-Bolt over hammer is that I'm pretty good with it so I can normally get at least 3 kills with it, and by that time I have 6 or 7 medals for my next kickback.

Also does playing in a party help?
I wouldn't recommend a party of 5. Parties of 2-3 would be okay but when you're playing with 4 other really good players then just forget the idea of getting 20+ kills.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 20 of 30 (138 Views)
0 Likes