Highlighted
Mar 27 2013
By: Asraik Survivor 2224 posts

Here's what a real patch looks like.

120 replies 5894 views Edited Mar 27, 2013

Why, because Naughty Dog is too incompetant to know what a 'patch' means or what it is suppose to do (hint hint: fixes something.)

Patch

(Source)

Message 1 of 121 (5,894 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

most of those seem like game-breaking bugs that needed to be addressed quickly...

Uncharted 3 didn't really have those...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 121 (5,480 Views)
Naughty Paw
20304 posts

Mar 27, 2013
1. That's on PC. There are so many things different between a PC and PS3 that it's pretty hard to compare patches.

2. Does UC3 really have that many graphics problems to fix?

For real fixes that could be related on a PS3 level, I see maybe 4 or 5 things that would actually fit.
Message 3 of 121 (5,204 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20304 posts

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

most of those seem like game-breaking bugs that needed to be addressed quickly...

Uncharted 3 didn't really have those...

That's another thing I noticed. UC3 had things wrong with it, but it was never to a point where the game was unplayable or that something in the game just didn't work. Things needed to improve, but a patch was never really necessary to get it to work on a basic level.

Message 4 of 121 (4,971 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I think this is just to show that technical fixes needs to be done, not do a patch notes and the first line says:

-Added the really wanted Stat Hats to the multiplayer experience. Smiley Indifferent

I like cats :3

Message 5 of 121 (3,882 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Click here.
Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
1. That's on PC. There are so many things different between a PC and PS3 that it's pretty hard to compare patches.

For real fixes that could be related on a PS3 level, I see maybe 4 or 5 things that would actually fit.
Message 6 of 121 (2,801 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Mar 27, 2013

oh man i know, don't you just hate when they come out with those fake patches Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 121 (2,280 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20304 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Asraik wrote:
Click here.
Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Did UC3 ever need that many problems to fix in a single patch? They seem to need a LOT of fixes just for one update. UC3 needed fixes, but nothing that was apparently super game-breaking.

I read some of the comments. People were still complaining. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 121 (2,148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Asraik wrote:
Click here.
Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Did UC3 ever need that many problems to fix in a single patch? They seem to need a LOT of fixes just for one update. UC3 needed fixes, but nothing that was apparently super game-breaking.

I read some of the comments. People were still complaining. Smiley Wink

People always complain. ATLEAST they attempted to balance the game, fix lag and other things. ND failed at that, fixing the G-MAL worked so well. Yeah Legacy based matchmaking, that fixes lag. There is a difference between TRYING to fix things and outright ignoring them or making the game worse.

Message 9 of 121 (1,509 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20304 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Asraik wrote:

People always complain. ATLEAST they attempted to balance the game, fix lag and other things. ND failed at that, fixing the G-MAL worked so well. Yeah Legacy based matchmaking, that fixes lag. There is a difference between TRYING to fix things and outright ignoring them or making the game worse.

You could mask all of that behind "game balance" if you wanted to. One could say that the G-MAL was nerfed because it exceled in too many areas and was made to be less useful so that other guns could be chosen. Legacy based matchmaking (even though I hate it) could be all in the idea that higher levels will get a challenge, while lower levels can be with other lower levels and learn the game more easily. They are good ideas on paper, but they weren't executed in the best possible way. That doesn't mean they didn't try to fix the game.

Make the argument of them failing with patches. It can be very easy to defend the patch's side when everything is looked at on paper and in one's mind.

Message 10 of 121 (843 Views)
0 Likes