Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

made it up! Crazy right much like people crucifying a company for not making a perfect flawless game.

 

Also I wanna know the logic thats wrong where a close-range automatic is better to use against a mid-range burst gun in close range.

 

G-mal is still usable, people just complain that it can't be used for everything now, parallel to the fact that now the M9 is the choice to be used for everything now and why it is being classed as the target OP gun.


Not crucifying, giving an opinion. Some people will be fanboys and defend a company no matter what. This game could have been so much better had they not became greedy. It's wrong for anyone to give a negative opinion or feedback even if trying to fix the game. Perhaps we should all stop giving opinions which don't make ND look good If you're happy with the state of the game, good for you. Im not, and I have as much right to voice my thoughts or opinions as much as anyone else here. You want the logic? Go test it in LAN, I'm not playing games where I'm throwing out videos of kill time or gun effectiveness at different ranges if you're going to throw made up statistics around. I gave my opinion, you don't have to completely kill it or attack it. The G-MAL is useable, but you're at a bigger disadvantage than using the AK-47 or M9.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 121 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
18280 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

G-mal is still usable, people just complain that it can't be used for everything now, parallel to the fact that now the M9 is the choice to be used for everything now and why it is being classed as the target OP gun.


 

Just remember this: if it's not good at everything and it's not a Kal-7, it's terrible. Kal-7 just makes people mad, even though the users are some of the easiest to kill.

 

G-MAL is doing what it's supposed to do now; it's supposed to be a mid to long range gun. It shouldn't be used for close range or super long range and it fills its proper role just fine.

 

I know there are a lot of problems in this game. Is that taking away from my enjoyment of the game? No, not really. I still find the game fun, even though ND supposedly "ruined" it. I'm seeing the part with the problems present, but it is in no way completely ruined.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 121 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

G-mal is still usable, people just complain that it can't be used for everything now, parallel to the fact that now the M9 is the choice to be used for everything now and why it is being classed as the target OP gun.


 

Just remember this: if it's not good at everything and it's not a Kal-7, it's terrible. Kal-7 just makes people mad, even though the users are some of the easiest to kill.

 

G-MAL is doing what it's supposed to do now; it's supposed to be a mid to long range gun. It shouldn't be used for close range or super long range and it fills its proper role just fine.

 

I know there are a lot of problems in this game. Is that taking away from my enjoyment of the game? No, not really. I still find the game fun, even though ND supposedly "ruined" it. I'm seeing the part with the problems present, but it is in no way completely ruined.


I didn't mean it like that, all I meant was that a patch should look like that with gameplay and technical fixes being a priority. It's what I meant. I know this game has problems, it isn't perfect. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. (Just out of curiousity, when did ND ever states it was meant to do that [the G-MAL], I never heard them state it but perhaps you did?) Naughty Dog did ruin it in some way, maybe not entirely, but the game isn't as playable if you play alone (or if you're matched up with someone in Japan.) I'm not saying they ONLY ever ruined the game, but by no means did their patches make it better from the release.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 121 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5712 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

and here comes the fanboy talk, anybody who doesn't hate ND is considered that nowadays right? Of course the G-mal is disadvantaged to the Ak... in certain situations. I'm gonna exclude the M9 out in this for obvious reasons, but all other 5 of the guns do have clear disadvantages to one another, that's what balance is.

 

I'm not saying we shouldn't give negative feedback, hell I'm pretty sure I did as well. There is a difference between saying "I don't like this, it can be improved" and saying " I don't like this, ND is a fail company" Sorry that giving out an obviously made-up statistic to emphasize my view on what I feel is a silly amount of people trashing this company. Having people say ND is a horrible company, that they feel they can do better than the company, and they are gonna refuse TLOU, etc.

 

Before you attack 3 words in my wording and pick at those, I'm not saying that this paticular thread or you in general is who/what I'm talking about. Though I disagree on the point trying to be made in this thread, I just honestly think it's unfair to attack a company for a game that hasn't had it's core elements changed in 3 main games just because it's not up to your standards. Going past to the technical fixes, I can see how those are problems too, whose to say they aren't working on them, maybe these microtransactions are things to help fund these fixes, IDK its a possibility, going down to the main point is...ND is trying at least, unfair to say that they aren't.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 121 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

and here comes the fanboy talk, anybody who doesn't hate ND is considered that nowadays right? Of course the G-mal is disadvantaged to the Ak... in certain situations. I'm gonna exclude the M9 out in this for obvious reasons, but all other 5 of the guns do have clear disadvantages to one another, that's what balance is.

 

I'm not saying we shouldn't give negative feedback, hell I'm pretty sure I did as well. There is a difference between saying "I don't like this, it can be improved" and saying " I don't like this, ND is a fail company" Sorry that giving out an obviously made-up statistic to emphasize my view on what I feel is a silly amount of people trashing this company. Having people say ND is a horrible company, that they feel they can do better than the company, and they are gonna refuse TLOU, etc.

 

Before you attack 3 words in my wording and pick at those, I'm not saying that this paticular thread or you in general is who/what I'm talking about. Though I disagree on the point trying to be made in this thread, I just honestly think it's unfair to attack a company for a game that hasn't had it's core elements changed in 3 main games just because it's not up to your standards. Going past to the technical fixes, I can see how those are problems too, whose to say they aren't working on them, maybe these microtransactions are things to help fund these fixes, IDK its a possibility, going down to the main point is...ND is trying at least, unfair to say that they aren't.


I'm just done talking, I'm too tired to even bother. You have your opinion, you're right. I give up on wasting my time trying to do anything positive or negative for this Community.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 121 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
18280 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

Asraik wrote:

I didn't mean it like that, all I meant was that a patch should look like that with gameplay and technical fixes being a priority. It's what I meant. I know this game has problems, it isn't perfect. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. (Just out of curiousity, when did ND ever states it was meant to do that [the G-MAL], I never heard them state it but perhaps you did?) Naughty Dog did ruin it in some way, maybe not entirely, but the game isn't as playable if you play alone (or if you're matched up with someone in Japan.) I'm not saying they ONLY ever ruined the game, but by no means did their patches make it better from the release.


 

I understand the plight with technical fixes taking a back seat at this point in the game. At this point, there's still a lot left to fix and ND seems to be supporting the game via Labs, DLC hats, and the Tournament system instead of fixing things to finish the game off well, such as fixing party splits (which still happens on a regular basis) and other things.

 

I don't think they ever said anything about where the G-MAL was supposed to be good, but I bet the Naughty Dog site has a weapon description on it somewhere (even though I recall them being very incorrect grammatically and tending to be pretty wrong :smileyvery-happy:) and I'm really just assuming where it should belong compared to the other loadout weapons. When comparing the G-MAL to the others, it's an accurate gun with little to no CQC ablity. Therefore, it shouldn't be useful in CQC or super long range (thanks to the Dragon), but should be better than the fully automatics that aren't the Kal-7 between mid-range and super long range. The FAL falls in an odd category that covers mid range, but can be more effective in a closer engagement or midway between mid-range and longer range (yes, this description is confusing :smileytongue:).

 

Again, I understand your concern, but simply because the game is getting on in age and ND isn't supporting the title as much any more even though there are still things to fix doesn't mean it's ruined.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 121 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Why, because Naughty Dog is too incompetant to know what a 'patch' means or what it is suppose to do (hint hint: fixes something.)

 

Patch

 

(Source)


The difference: Tomb Raider had WAY more issues. Uncharted 3 had issues with the way people could cause un balance to the game. It didn't have 300 technical issues. This game apparently released broken. In fact, Square Enix's President resigned because this game (among others) didn't sell well. Good riddance, I want Square back to their roots, I miss games like Final Fantasy X and VIII and IX. Final Fantasy sucks these days.

 

A massive day 1 patch is NOTHING to be proud of, or brag about, or give credit to. It shouldn't have needed to be released. Now, people complain here on the forums a lot. I see ND's stupidity a lot, and I'll let it slide, most of the time. Becuase overall I'm having fun with Uncharted 3, but forums will always be flooded with complaint more so by older fans or elite players of the series. Personally I found it shocking that elite TF2 players complain about Valve being morons, and Valve happens to be the company I place above ND. People will complain regardless. To someone who isn't in love with the series, Uncharted 3 is a master piece. My 360 and PC gaming freinds are astonished by Uncharted 3, the story they found amazing (they admit U2 had better SP) but they still loved the story of U3. Hell, even I loved the part where Sully is "killed" and Drake reacts with rage and dis belief. It's one of my favorite parts of the series.

 

I'm going on endlessly here because I've had quite a few shots and I always ramble on when I'm drinking (I know, it's no excuse but let me think it is!). Unhcarted 3 to me at least is a lot better than everyone here makes it out to be, both SP and MP. I wish you all could be having as much fun with it as me. :c

 

EDIT** I know it's not a day one patch :smileytongue: but it's pretty soon after release.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 121 (176 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13262 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Asraik wrote:

People always complain. ATLEAST they attempted to balance the game, fix lag and other things. ND failed at that, fixing the G-MAL worked so well. Yeah Legacy based matchmaking, that fixes lag. There is a difference between TRYING to fix things and outright ignoring them or making the game worse.


 

You could mask all of that behind "game balance" if you wanted to. One could say that the G-MAL was nerfed because it exceled in too many areas and was made to be less useful so that other guns could be chosen. Legacy based matchmaking (even though I hate it) could be all in the idea that higher levels will get a challenge, while lower levels can be with other lower levels and learn the game more easily. They are good ideas on paper, but they weren't executed in the best possible way. That doesn't mean they didn't try to fix the game.

 

Make the argument of them failing with patches. It can be very easy to defend the patch's side when everything is looked at on paper and in one's mind.


You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Their patches have failed this game, nerfing the G-MAL like that solely made it useless. Now the M9 (and ROF mod) dominate this game. You can say anything is good on paper (in theory) however they aren't releasing theoritical patches, they are releasing something that influences their game. The Beta is the time to test something, after the games release to start changing the system (like legacy based matchmaking) or nerfing the G-MAL which makes it useless isn't the way to go. You can defend the patches side all you want, but from the majority of players this game has become a blindfire, laggy melee fest. You're defending their actions just for the sake of it. I'm sure you know as well as anyone how their patches have failed or made the game worse. So why bother defending them now, or saying in theory it was good. Theory is pointless when thrown into a real life situation. If I ask you to put in a shelf, are you going to theorize all the different ways you can do it or are you just going to do it the right way. (Yes this example was bad but you get the point. Theory or not, it was executed, and executed poory at that. I can say it will make the game better but unless it does my theory is incorrect.)


By nerfing the G-MAL they made it an M9 ROF or **bleep** video game.

 

I said that would happen in the initial G-MAL nerf thread. and it did.

 

Even though I did support some kind of G-MAL nerf, it wasn't nerfed, it was brutally and savagely killed.

 

Sure some people can still use it, I've seen it done, that doesn't make it right nor constitute as a solution to how they killed it for many others though.

 

Most people will take the easy route out of M9 ROF because.. Well lets face it, M9 is the only realistically aimable weapon, and it also promotes hipfire. It does everything, Why wouldn't you choose it? Pre Nerf G-MAL could hold back those pesky hipfire users for almost everyone. Okay yeah. it was OP.

 

M9 ROF is and has been the new OP ever since the nerf and sorry but aiming your G-MAL promotes better skill levels than hipfiring and sprinting around like a moron.

 

Also makes your game look like it was designed badly. G-MAL didn't at least make it look cheap and fugly.

 

Next patch should see a return for the G-MAL and FAL-SS. I'd rather be aimed at and actually aim myself.



Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 121 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/09/2011
Offline
7369 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

I have to say, this patch hasn't really impressed me much. It's just a... patch. What's so special about it? What makes it the true example of a patch that developers should now follow? 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 121 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5712 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Asraik wrote:

People always complain. ATLEAST they attempted to balance the game, fix lag and other things. ND failed at that, fixing the G-MAL worked so well. Yeah Legacy based matchmaking, that fixes lag. There is a difference between TRYING to fix things and outright ignoring them or making the game worse.


 

You could mask all of that behind "game balance" if you wanted to. One could say that the G-MAL was nerfed because it exceled in too many areas and was made to be less useful so that other guns could be chosen. Legacy based matchmaking (even though I hate it) could be all in the idea that higher levels will get a challenge, while lower levels can be with other lower levels and learn the game more easily. They are good ideas on paper, but they weren't executed in the best possible way. That doesn't mean they didn't try to fix the game.

 

Make the argument of them failing with patches. It can be very easy to defend the patch's side when everything is looked at on paper and in one's mind.


You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Their patches have failed this game, nerfing the G-MAL like that solely made it useless. Now the M9 (and ROF mod) dominate this game. You can say anything is good on paper (in theory) however they aren't releasing theoritical patches, they are releasing something that influences their game. The Beta is the time to test something, after the games release to start changing the system (like legacy based matchmaking) or nerfing the G-MAL which makes it useless isn't the way to go. You can defend the patches side all you want, but from the majority of players this game has become a blindfire, laggy melee fest. You're defending their actions just for the sake of it. I'm sure you know as well as anyone how their patches have failed or made the game worse. So why bother defending them now, or saying in theory it was good. Theory is pointless when thrown into a real life situation. If I ask you to put in a shelf, are you going to theorize all the different ways you can do it or are you just going to do it the right way. (Yes this example was bad but you get the point. Theory or not, it was executed, and executed poory at that. I can say it will make the game better but unless it does my theory is incorrect.)


By nerfing the G-MAL they made it an M9 ROF or **bleep** video game.

 

I said that would happen in the initial G-MAL nerf thread. and it did.

 

Even though I did support some kind of G-MAL nerf, it wasn't nerfed, it was brutally and savagely killed.

 

Sure some people can still use it, I've seen it done, that doesn't make it right nor constitute as a solution to how they killed it for many others though.

 

Most people will take the easy route out of M9 ROF because.. Well lets face it, M9 is the only realistically aimable weapon, and it also promotes hipfire. It does everything, Why wouldn't you choose it? Pre Nerf G-MAL could hold back those pesky hipfire users for almost everyone. Okay yeah. it was OP.

 

M9 ROF is and has been the new OP ever since the nerf and sorry but aiming your G-MAL promotes better skill levels than hipfiring and sprinting around like a moron.

 

Also makes your game look like it was designed badly. G-MAL didn't at least make it look cheap and fugly.

 

Next patch should see a return for the G-MAL and FAL-SS. I'd rather be aimed at and actually aim myself.


the G-mal did exactly the same thing the M9 is doing now... Dominate most games and put anyone who didn't use it at a disadvantage...whether it was by aiming or not doesn't matter, that isn't balance.

 

Do you remember what the G-mal could do? It was able to stop anyone at any distance cold in their tracks with 1 burst thanks to SP and then kill on the 2nd. Doesn't matter how far they were since it only moved 0.0001 millimeter after every bullet. And can take out any other kind of person. The fact that it was more effective for sniping than the dragon sniper was ridiculous, the fact that it can also take out close-quarter kal and aks with ease made no sense either. The closest thing that could combat it was M9 RoF (funny I guess since of what came afterwords).

 

I mean I remember vividly how fights against parties went during the G-mal era. I would have someone running around killing people up close with the g-mal, another on the other side of the map surpressing fire on people, others in the hotspots of the map shooting at anyone who came by and so on. It didn't matter which map and how far they were since the G-mal was capable at all those ranges. Since Elena's was the choice G-mal you were also called out right away and couldn't even hide from these people.

 

It needed nerfing... And although the game isn't ideally even where I want it to be at either, you still aren't punished as much for using the ak, kal, dragon, fal, or g-mal in this current phase.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 121 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes