Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Asraik wrote:

People always complain. ATLEAST they attempted to balance the game, fix lag and other things. ND failed at that, fixing the G-MAL worked so well. Yeah Legacy based matchmaking, that fixes lag. There is a difference between TRYING to fix things and outright ignoring them or making the game worse.

You could mask all of that behind "game balance" if you wanted to. One could say that the G-MAL was nerfed because it exceled in too many areas and was made to be less useful so that other guns could be chosen. Legacy based matchmaking (even though I hate it) could be all in the idea that higher levels will get a challenge, while lower levels can be with other lower levels and learn the game more easily. They are good ideas on paper, but they weren't executed in the best possible way. That doesn't mean they didn't try to fix the game.

Make the argument of them failing with patches. It can be very easy to defend the patch's side when everything is looked at on paper and in one's mind.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Their patches have failed this game, nerfing the G-MAL like that solely made it useless. Now the M9 (and ROF mod) dominate this game. You can say anything is good on paper (in theory) however they aren't releasing theoritical patches, they are releasing something that influences their game. The Beta is the time to test something, after the games release to start changing the system (like legacy based matchmaking) or nerfing the G-MAL which makes it useless isn't the way to go. You can defend the patches side all you want, but from the majority of players this game has become a blindfire, laggy melee fest. You're defending their actions just for the sake of it. I'm sure you know as well as anyone how their patches have failed or made the game worse. So why bother defending them now, or saying in theory it was good. Theory is pointless when thrown into a real life situation. If I ask you to put in a shelf, are you going to theorize all the different ways you can do it or are you just going to do it the right way. (Yes this example was bad but you get the point. Theory or not, it was executed, and executed poory at that. I can say it will make the game better but unless it does my theory is incorrect.)

By nerfing the G-MAL they made it an M9 ROF or **bleep** video game.

I said that would happen in the initial G-MAL nerf thread. and it did.

Even though I did support some kind of G-MAL nerf, it wasn't nerfed, it was brutally and savagely killed.

Sure some people can still use it, I've seen it done, that doesn't make it right nor constitute as a solution to how they killed it for many others though.

Most people will take the easy route out of M9 ROF because.. Well lets face it, M9 is the only realistically aimable weapon, and it also promotes hipfire. It does everything, Why wouldn't you choose it? Pre Nerf G-MAL could hold back those pesky hipfire users for almost everyone. Okay yeah. it was OP.

M9 ROF is and has been the new OP ever since the nerf and sorry but aiming your G-MAL promotes better skill levels than hipfiring and sprinting around like a moron.

Also makes your game look like it was designed badly. G-MAL didn't at least make it look cheap and fugly.

Next patch should see a return for the G-MAL and FAL-SS. I'd rather be aimed at and actually aim myself.

the G-mal did exactly the same thing the M9 is doing now... Dominate most games and put anyone who didn't use it at a disadvantage...whether it was by aiming or not doesn't matter, that isn't balance.

Do you remember what the G-mal could do? It was able to stop anyone at any distance cold in their tracks with 1 burst thanks to SP and then kill on the 2nd. Doesn't matter how far they were since it only moved 0.0001 millimeter after every bullet. And can take out any other kind of person. The fact that it was more effective for sniping than the dragon sniper was ridiculous, the fact that it can also take out close-quarter kal and aks with ease made no sense either. The closest thing that could combat it was M9 RoF (funny I guess since of what came afterwords).

I mean I remember vividly how fights against parties went during the G-mal era. I would have someone running around killing people up close with the g-mal, another on the other side of the map surpressing fire on people, others in the hotspots of the map shooting at anyone who came by and so on. It didn't matter which map and how far they were since the G-mal was capable at all those ranges. Since Elena's was the choice G-mal you were also called out right away and couldn't even hide from these people.

It needed nerfing... And although the game isn't ideally even where I want it to be at either, you still aren't punished as much for using the ak, kal, dragon, fal, or g-mal in this current phase.

That is your experience, not mine. I feel more punished.

Dragon was always better than the G-MAL, providing you can use it, even pre-nerf if someone knew how to use it, you were dead no matter what gun you had to combat it.

Same applies today.

I admitted the G-MAL needed nerfing. It didn't need to die like it has though. Now you only have about 1 every 10 games who can utilize it, that isn't right.

Message 31 of 121 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6889 posts

Mar 27, 2013

dragon was not better than G-mal then. Perhaps close to equal yes, but the G-mal was able to combat dragon users from across the map with ease. I guess you think it was ok in taking out people in close-range with ease as well? Since it "put blindfirers in their place"

the nerfs were warranted, just because it isn't a pick up and win gun anymore doesn't decrease its validity anymore. It didn't bring about blindfire, it just brought about the M9 RoF.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 121 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Mar 27, 2013

A real patch:

lower health

add option to backout of lobby

make one spawn point not random multiple ones and make the spawn something you have to come out of

add stopping power

take out most power weapons

make dragon more powerful

take off bunny hop delay

add mines and claymores

make sniper have a no scope option instead of that laggy super zommed in scope

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 33 of 121 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Mar 27, 2013
^That would be terrible
Message 34 of 121 (199 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Mar 27, 2013

far-zan wrote:
^That would be terrible

not really, that is tomb raider. I hate also how naughtydog made a thousand ways to good vantage points.. just like the $hit they pulled in fort adding those walls on the side... LAME

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 35 of 121 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

far-zan wrote:
^That would be terrible

not really, that is tomb raider. I hate also how naughtydog made a thousand ways to good vantage points.. just like the $hit they pulled in fort adding those walls on the side... LAME

Smiley Indifferent ... So I'm guessing you're a camper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 36 of 121 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6889 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

A real patch:

lower health

make one spawn point not random multiple ones and make the spawn something you have to come out of

add stopping power

take off bunny hop delay

add mines and claymores

If ND released something like that, THEN I would be convinced they are intentionally trying to break their game...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 37 of 121 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Mar 27, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

far-zan wrote:
^That would be terrible

You have no idea my friend...

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 38 of 121 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

A real patch:

lower health

add stopping power

take off bunny hop delay

add mines and claymores

If ND released something like that, THEN I would be convinced they are intentionally trying to break their game...

It doesn't matter, as long as the game caters to him perfectly than its a good game. Smiley Very Happy

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 39 of 121 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Mar 27, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

far-zan wrote:
^That would be terrible

I like to use vantage points without being bothered. In Tomb Raider you can bow snipe without much worry because  1most times there is only 1-2 ways to flank you not 20 million. Also you can lay mines and snipe away instead of worrying, the way it should be.

Message 40 of 121 (186 Views)
0 Likes