Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

lol so, TR is like a half complete multiplayer. Your hilarious if you think your 'skill' in it means anything...

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 51 of 121 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
820 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

lol so, TR is like a half complete multiplayer. Your hilarious if you think your 'skill' in it means anything...


Any game has skill involved otherwise there would not be players with low KDRs and W/L ratios who are not that good.


The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 52 of 121 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

i didn't say there wasn't skill... I just think it's funny that you think your said skill in such a multiplayer means anything...

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 53 of 121 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

far-zan wrote:
^That would be terrible

not really, that is tomb raider. I hate also how naughtydog made a thousand ways to good vantage points.. just like the $hit they pulled in fort adding those walls on the side... LAME


:smileyindifferent: ... So I'm guessing you're a camper.


I like to use vantage points without being bothered.


In the common vernacular that's called camping. :smileyvery-happy:

 


i feel in a well balanced game there should be spots only other snipers can reach you at. Not so easy to rush like uncharted 3 spots. Socom i could snipe all day in the weeds and eat a sandwhich and take it easy and go 20-2


Honestly, that's one thing I really like/appreciate about UC3 map designs (relatively little camping, and if you do camp it takes a whole team to hold that spot effectively). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 54 of 121 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13431 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

dragon was not better than G-mal then. Perhaps close to equal yes, but the G-mal was able to combat dragon users from across the map with ease. I guess you think it was ok in taking out people in close-range with ease as well? Since it "put blindfirers in their place"

 

the nerfs were warranted, just because it isn't a pick up and win gun anymore doesn't decrease its validity anymore. It didn't bring about blindfire, it just brought about the M9 RoF.


Dragon is certainly by far the best loadout weapon in the entire game if you know how to use it, always has been and always will be.

 

1 shot kill with a pretty fast scope will take down anyone who has to hit you with 6+ bullets. It's only limitation is short range, but even that I've seen managed by some people.

 

Yes I thought it was fine to have as a short range weapon, lets not forget the Para 9 and M9 also work at all distances pretty well. But I went along with the G-MAL nerf assuming the M9 and KAL 7 would both get nerfed also to balance the game out a bit better for an aiming perspective.

 

Never quite happened because ND don't want players to aim.

 

Is it such a problem that I see things as fine if you have to aim? I'm pretty sure many others would prefer a shooting game to be about aiming too.

 

The FAL-SS era was also better than the current era. I'd take anything where I'm being killed by aiming over obvious luck lag'n'roll technique over and over again.



Message 55 of 121 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

dragon was not better than G-mal then. Perhaps close to equal yes, but the G-mal was able to combat dragon users from across the map with ease. I guess you think it was ok in taking out people in close-range with ease as well? Since it "put blindfirers in their place"

 

the nerfs were warranted, just because it isn't a pick up and win gun anymore doesn't decrease its validity anymore. It didn't bring about blindfire, it just brought about the M9 RoF.


Dragon is certainly by far the best loadout weapon in the entire game if you know how to use it, always has been and always will be.

 

1 shot kill with a pretty fast scope will take down anyone who has to hit you with 6+ bullets. It's only limitation is short range, but even that I've seen managed by some people.

 

Yes I thought it was fine to have as a short range weapon, lets not forget the Para 9 and M9 also work at all distances pretty well. But I went along with the G-MAL nerf assuming the M9 and KAL 7 would both get nerfed also to balance the game out a bit better for an aiming perspective.

 

Never quite happened because ND don't want players to aim.

 

Is it such a problem that I see things as fine if you have to aim? I'm pretty sure many others would prefer a shooting game to be about aiming too.

 

The FAL-SS era was also better than the current era. I'd take anything where I'm being killed by aiming over obvious luck lag'n'roll technique over and over again.


because the average player can get 1 shot kills with the dragon ok... it may be the strongest,but having major pain wobble and a jerking recoil for trigger happy players, makes it incomprable on many people. It's fine now, got nothing against it, just think its pretty cocky to say its a 1 shot kill and I'm awesome with it anywhere, it has its perks and downsides, i.e balance.

 

nothing wrong with the kal either, if you notice it has the most disadvantages out of every gun with the least accuracy, weakest bullets, smallest range, and high ammo waste, etc.

 

Is it such a problem that I see it as wrong that a loadout gun is capable enough to do everything with ease so much that the others are not needed? Especially in a game like this when there are only 6(10) of them since then it wouldn't be as hard to balance.

 

Was the g-mal(and especially the fal) a problem? yes

were the nerfs needed? yes

Am I happy with the current M9? no

Am I happy with the game overall? yes, why? because you can play more playstyles and not get punished for doing so moreso than you could before.

 

I don't care if people aimed, blindfired, ran in circles while shooting, did it with their eyes closed, or whatever. It comes down to it being unbalanced and thats what the g-mal and fal eras were. This current M9 stae is as well, but far less so where you won't die if you don't have an M9/para in your hand.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 56 of 121 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13431 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

dragon was not better than G-mal then. Perhaps close to equal yes, but the G-mal was able to combat dragon users from across the map with ease. I guess you think it was ok in taking out people in close-range with ease as well? Since it "put blindfirers in their place"

 

the nerfs were warranted, just because it isn't a pick up and win gun anymore doesn't decrease its validity anymore. It didn't bring about blindfire, it just brought about the M9 RoF.


Dragon is certainly by far the best loadout weapon in the entire game if you know how to use it, always has been and always will be.

 

1 shot kill with a pretty fast scope will take down anyone who has to hit you with 6+ bullets. It's only limitation is short range, but even that I've seen managed by some people.

 

Yes I thought it was fine to have as a short range weapon, lets not forget the Para 9 and M9 also work at all distances pretty well. But I went along with the G-MAL nerf assuming the M9 and KAL 7 would both get nerfed also to balance the game out a bit better for an aiming perspective.

 

Never quite happened because ND don't want players to aim.

 

Is it such a problem that I see things as fine if you have to aim? I'm pretty sure many others would prefer a shooting game to be about aiming too.

 

The FAL-SS era was also better than the current era. I'd take anything where I'm being killed by aiming over obvious luck lag'n'roll technique over and over again.


because the average player can get 1 shot kills with the dragon ok... it may be the strongest,but having major pain wobble and a jerking recoil for trigger happy players, makes it incomprable on many people. It's fine now, got nothing against it, just think its pretty cocky to say its a 1 shot kill and I'm awesome with it anywhere, it has its perks and downsides, i.e balance.

 

nothing wrong with the kal either, if you notice it has the most disadvantages out of every gun with the least accuracy, weakest bullets, smallest range, and high ammo waste, etc.

 

Is it such a problem that I see it as wrong that a loadout gun is capable enough to do everything with ease so much that the others are not needed? Especially in a game like this when there are only 6(10) of them since then it wouldn't be as hard to balance.

 

Was the g-mal(and especially the fal) a problem? yes

were the nerfs needed? yes

Am I happy with the current M9? no

Am I happy with the game overall? yes, why? because you can play more playstyles and not get punished for doing so moreso than you could before.

 

I don't care if people aimed, blindfired, ran in circles while shooting, did it with their eyes closed, or whatever. It comes down to it being unbalanced and thats what the g-mal and fal eras were. This current M9 stae is as well, but far less so where you won't die if you don't have an M9/para in your hand.


I haven't ever said the nerfs were not needed, just that they were overnerfed to the point of making the M9 the only option left.

 

If you truly wanted balance you wouldn't really support the complete butchering of those two weapons.

 

Actually there are no other playstyles you speak of. Apart from the one or two odd people using a Dragon every now and again.

 

See your point is kinda flat because we had more weapons in play back when those two weapons ran the show, we had M9's KAL's Dragons, G-MAL's FAL-SS and we had some really odd people using the AK from time to time. Often getting mowed down endlessly.

 

Now I don't see that variety which tells me they didn't balance the game at all. They made it worse. Because now all I ever see is M9/Blindfire Accuracy mod or M9/ROF mod. Oh and the odd Dragon user, they didn't nerf that weapon to hell so people are still kinda somewhat using it given the right map.

 

A balanced game which is what you are after would require every weapon to have some positive to it.

 

G-MAL used to, it has negatives all around now.

FAL-SS also negatives all around.

AK.. Been negative ever since the game was in the subway beta.

M9 .. Always been that good.

Dragon - Was better in the summer beta

 

The problem is that they have nerfed everything to hell apart from the M9 and Dragon, and well the AK didn't get buffed heavily enough. The balance is so far off that if you don't select Dragon or M9 you are at a severe disadvantage.

 

Yeah sure, if you didn't select G-MAL or FAL-SS previously you were at a disadvantage, but other weapons were still competent enough to do battle with them.

 

Going off what you said.

 

The Dragon isn't that good because the average player can't do the one shot thing.

 

Well the G-MAL and FAL-SS clearly aren't good either since the average player cant aim them without getting killed very easily. The odd few I see using them... Just don't do that well, I've seen about 12 people since the nerf that could actually use either one still.

 

 



Message 57 of 121 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

the g-mal pre-nerf was cake to use by anyone. Thanks to the aim assist practically aiming at a guy for you just by pressing L1, and then stopping the guy right when you pull the trigger. Anyone coulda used it especially since it was a level 1 gun.

 

I admit that even when it was too strong, the fal still needed some sense in using but it just blatantly killed to quickly for how fast it shot.

 

I agree there aren't widely used playstyles either, they just aren't out of question. With most of the game being filled with tryhards using the best possible loadouts which includes the M9, and the free players using the bare minimum, the middle ground is pretty much cut out. I personally use a variety of playstyles with my main one having to be with the Ak.

 

I saw other people using guns too in those times, yet most of them got slaughtered aside from the better players who were able to handle themselves outside of the g-mal. I'm not here saying the game is perfect right now, i'm just saying it's the closest it's ever been. I also admit that the 3 semi-automatic guns take slightly more skill to use overall, but offer greater rewards for precision as opposed to the other 3. A capable G-mal user can still take you out in the blink of an eye, and fal user can still mow you down quickly, and a good dragon user can take you out before you know it.

 

I also said the dragon isn't that good comparable to what you said. Idk why you're putting it on a pedastal for whatever reason. but it has its downfalls I have no problem with it like I said and its actually one of the few guns I never had a problem with in terms of balance.

 

I personally didn't see variety in the g-mal era the most. I even forcedly changed my playstyle to give myself a chance in there, right now I can play how i like against M9 users and still have a fighting chance. As for positives to the guns:

 

Ak: has stronger stopping power and is the strongest automatic weapon.

kal: best blindfire and although overshadowed by the M9, most comprable in close combat

G-mal:even after the nerf still has little recoil and its burst fire makes it a comprable gun for mid, and with practice, to long ranges.

Dragon: strongest and longest range weapon no other gun can combat it at its range easily

fal: probably the most dependant on the players skill, yet it is the 2nd strongest gun and capable in most of the ranges.

M9:to good nerf it

 

I'm personally seperating my preferences for the game apart from how the game should play, because believe me, I would want an entirely different game as well, but that won't happen so I'm looking at what we have and seeing why they nerfed this or buffed that and understand every bit of it...

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 58 of 121 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13431 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

the g-mal pre-nerf was cake to use by anyone. Thanks to the aim assist practically aiming at a guy for you just by pressing L1, and then stopping the guy right when you pull the trigger. Anyone coulda used it especially since it was a level 1 gun.

 

I admit that even when it was too strong, the fal still needed some sense in using but it just blatantly killed to quickly for how fast it shot.

 

I agree there aren't widely used playstyles either, they just aren't out of question. With most of the game being filled with tryhards using the best possible loadouts which includes the M9, and the free players using the bare minimum, the middle ground is pretty much cut out. I personally use a variety of playstyles with my main one having to be with the Ak.

 

I saw other people using guns too in those times, yet most of them got slaughtered aside from the better players who were able to handle themselves outside of the g-mal. I'm not here saying the game is perfect right now, i'm just saying it's the closest it's ever been. I also admit that the 3 semi-automatic guns take slightly more skill to use overall, but offer greater rewards for precision as opposed to the other 3. A capable G-mal user can still take you out in the blink of an eye, and fal user can still mow you down quickly, and a good dragon user can take you out before you know it.

 

I also said the dragon isn't that good comparable to what you said. Idk why you're putting it on a pedastal for whatever reason. but it has its downfalls I have no problem with it like I said and its actually one of the few guns I never had a problem with in terms of balance.

 

I personally didn't see variety in the g-mal era the most. I even forcedly changed my playstyle to give myself a chance in there, right now I can play how i like against M9 users and still have a fighting chance. As for positives to the guns:

 

Ak: has stronger stopping power and is the strongest automatic weapon.

kal: best blindfire and although overshadowed by the M9, most comprable in close combat

G-mal:even after the nerf still has little recoil and its burst fire makes it a comprable gun for mid, and with practice, to long ranges.

Dragon: strongest and longest range weapon no other gun can combat it at its range easily

fal: probably the most dependant on the players skill, yet it is the 2nd strongest gun and capable in most of the ranges.

M9:to good nerf it

 

I'm personally seperating my preferences for the game apart from how the game should play, because believe me, I would want an entirely different game as well, but that won't happen so I'm looking at what we have and seeing why they nerfed this or buffed that and understand every bit of it...


Well I can't play how I want to play.

 

I didn't hop on the FAL-SS bandwagon. I was a G-MAL user in the summer beta, I was a FAL user in Uncharted 2, at all times I'd usually have a FAL there. I still will have one most the time.

 

Uncharted 3 though. It was fine in the summer beta. Thats when the G-MAL was most balanced, it didn't have wild aim assist, it didn't have that horrible recoil either.

 

I don't want it to aim for me like It did in previous times but I'd like it to not throw my aim all over the place like I'm having a siezure.

 

As someone who has enjoyed using the G-MAL before it was even called the G-MAL. They completely killed how I play the game. Now? I run around hipfiring the M9 with everyone else, can't say I really enjoy it, but I can't aim anything other than the M9 or Dragon. Everytime you engage someone in aiming the M9 they run at you which results with retaliation. So yeah, thats why I'm not happy with it.



Message 59 of 121 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

Well all I know is I could use every single gun with any single booster and kickback and do decent-to-good in differing modes against varying players both alone and with my 1 friend.

 

We actually have fun where we choose random guns and boosters for each other and see how good we do with them. Surprsingly...everytime I wasn't at a major disadvantage throughout the whole game since every gun is still usable.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 60 of 121 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes