I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Here's what a real patch looks like.

Mar 28, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

All of you are wrong. THIS is a real patch:

Spoiler

Smiley Happy

Hai thar. Smiley Wink

Message 71 of 121 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20407 posts

Mar 28, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Spoiler

Smiley Happy

Hey, that's not The Phantom Pain. Smiley Wink

*I don't know what else to say about this topic anymore*

Message 72 of 121 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Oh yes @Renegade, but still FF13 was a HUGE success for Squenix and i bet the FFX/FX-2 HD thing & Lighting's Return will be a success too.
Message 73 of 121 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 28, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Oh yes @Renegade, but still FF13 was a HUGE success for Squenix and i bet the FFX/FX-2 HD thing & Lighting's Return will be a success too.

If I had the time, I'd totes buy the FFX/X2 remake, but that takes SO long to do a good playthrough of, and just this week I finally finished my goals for a perfect save on Final Fantasy 8. I has 96 hours on that save, and that is not counting all the times you reset when something goes wrong. D:

And I liked FF 13, not 13-2 so much. :l and as much as I liked 13, it still wasn't 7, 8, 9 or 10 good. Good, but I have high standards for Final Fantasy. 12 years later and I still love Final Fantasy 8 enough to play it 96 hours+, sadly that is not something I'll be able to say about Final Fantasy 13. Square Enix as developers are still pretty solid, not near as great as they used to be, but I hate most of all that they publish some of the worst games. They've been dragging their name into the mud with me lately.

(Final fantasy derailment ftw)

Message 74 of 121 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I guess i liked both FF13/13-2 because i never played a FF game before so i didn't know what to expect. But in the end i was blown away, the graphics, the characters, the OST, the story, everything was perfect... it's been a while since i was surprised like that by a game.
Message 75 of 121 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 28, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I guess i liked both FF13/13-2 because i never played a FF game before so i didn't know what to expect. But in the end i was blown away, the graphics, the characters, the OST, the story, everything was perfect... it's been a while since i was surprised like that by a game.

They both great. But if you take into account that other games are on par with it, that is the downfall. Final Fantasy used to shine above all other RPG's. Heck all other games in general. When Final Fantasy VII came out it was the greatest game on the Playstation at the time and probably ever was. I myself enjoyed VIII a bit more. Smiley Tongue

If you've never played one before I understand completely, you will definately love X and X-2 if you buy those remakes. As mentioned before, if I didn't have OCD and have to attempt perfect-like saves on these games, I would buy it myself. You should also consider the older Final Fantasy PS1 classics on the Playstation store. The OST in VII along with the graphics and character models are still some of my favorite ever in a game. Even that odd junctioning system I still love.

XIII and XIII-2 were great games, but the series is somehow losing it's grip on long term fans. Square just went on a streak from VII-X-2 and I guess they haven't been able to revolutionize the series like that had been doing on that streak of games. Great games, but they didn't capture my heart like earlier Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts games.

Man, I haven't talked Final Fantasy in a while. Feels  good.

Message 76 of 121 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, everybody says that X & VII were da best FF games ever. I'll make sure to borrow X/X-2 HD from a friend and find out by myself. Smiley Wink
Message 77 of 121 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Spoiler

Smiley Happy

Oh you kids and your Metal Gears, this is the original Snake! Smiley Wink

But I say it's time we got back to the topic, discussing how a game with a myriad of problems' day one patch makes it better than Naughty Dog's.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 78 of 121 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Yeah, everybody says that X & VII were da best FF games ever. I'll make sure to borrow X/X-2 HD from a friend and find out by myself. Smiley Wink

If you enjoy perfect turn based gameplay then VII is the best, if you like story then X and X-2 have the best stories ever. I laughed, I cried etc. VIII will always be my favorite for the story, characters music and gameplay. I am not gonna say it is the best because many disagree with me. But I loved it the most. Smiley Happy

Someone who loves a great story will enjoy Final Fantasy X, even if they don't play video games. I have done quck speed runs of X and X-2 for the sole purpose of letting someone experience the amazing story. People who have never touched a controller or cared to watch someone play video games have watched me do an entire playthough (over the course of a few days) and loved the story. Specifically my lady friends, and I'm guessing it's the love story they find so fascinating. I loved it myself.

EDIT*** to avoid double posting

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Spoiler

Smiley Happy

Oh you kids and your Metal Gears, this is the original Snake! Smiley Wink

But I say it's time we got back to the topic, discussing how a game with a myriad of problems' day one patch makes it better than Naughty Dog's.

It doesn't. The End. Smiley Tongue I know U3 is lacking a lot, but at least we're given a few things here and there. As much as people complain on here it almost makes you forget that ND has done a lot of things we've requested. I even forget due to the mass hate threads! Though it's rare to find a forum about a game where it isn't full of complaint threads. There a games I though were flawless and made by developers whom I thought were genius' and they have the same amount if not more complaint threads.

Message 79 of 121 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7083 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Wouldn't really call TR better than UC now simply after a patch that made it simply less of a broken game...

and the Best FFs totally have to be between IX and III, to me anywaySmiley Tongue

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 80 of 121 (211 Views)
0 Likes