Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3511 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
It wasn't Evan Wells

EvangM is Even Wells, right? I could be mistaken...

Message 21 of 55 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3511 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
I don't know who to believe anymore.

About your signature: was Tap banned?


yes, permanently to be precise, apparently he was a little disrespectful to Evan Wells, I don't think it was worth it to perma-ban him for it, but who am I to know about such things, anyway, I don't get the big deal, just create a new account and keep on talking...


How do you know? And Evan Wells? I expected him to be banned for bashing Robbert Co(Fill in these letters or this letter for yourself, Tap spelled it with 2 letters)burn. All the time, not that he wasn't right or anything. And I wouldn't be so sure either, he likes speaking the truth even when it angers people.

 

I don't know what he said(I can find the thread but some posts are deleted) but I am 100% sure if he said the same to a random forumer he would have gotten a warning, maybe his posts would only be deleted. It's stupid that being rude to a ND Developer is punished more than being rude to just you and me. Is this some kind of dicature? Because I have been called a Nazi by someone and she said tons of horrible things to a lot of people and she never got banned. 

 

Time to make a "free TAP" signature.


ah well, tapantaola always was begging to be banned if you ask me, while I do think he's right a lot of the times, he's not the most polite person around here when it comes to contacting Naughty Dog developers Smiley Wink

 

and I don't see what a 'free TAP' signature should do? he can just make a new account and keep talking, it's not like he's in a prison or something, he can even use the same name, just type an l (capital i) for the l (non-capital L) in tapantaola, problem solved...

Message 22 of 55 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

I don't think Tap should have been banned. He has his own opinion. If ND don't like it thats their problem.

 

Since when did we silence opinions on here? It's not just here, any forum is a place for opinionated discussion. I've honestly not seen Tap break the rules. The rules are the rules, if you break them you get your ban and you deserve it, if you are sticking to the rules you are doing nothing wrong.

 

Sorry.. I can't agree with that attutude, this is a forum, opinions happen, without that there will be no discussion.

 

 



Message 23 of 55 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3511 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I don't think Tap should have been banned. He has his own opinion. If ND don't like it thats their problem.

 

Since when did we silence opinions on here?

 

Sorry.. I can't agree with that attutude, this is a forum, opinions happen, without that there will be no discussion.

 

 


well, what I read, is that EvangM explained to tapantaola that they do use pingbased matchmaking partially, and not only find players based on levels, to which tapantaola replied: why don't you give me the source code to proof that you're right

 

if you ask me, that's not a nice thing to say, personally I really appreciate it that Naughty Dog even replies to their fans, and then you have some of those fans asking you to give them the source code because else they won't believe you, I can understand that such actions will result in a ban (especially because this is not the first time tapantaola behaves like that), however, I think a perma-ban was not nescessary, but whatever, there is no problem here at all, just make a new account...

Message 24 of 55 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11463 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
It wasn't Evan Wells

EvangM is Even Wells, right? I could be mistaken...


That's a common misconception, I know. He is actually Andrew Odella, QA manager.

 

The guy on the left:

 

Andrew Odella.png

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 25 of 55 (333 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I don't think Tap should have been banned. He has his own opinion. If ND don't like it thats their problem.

 

Since when did we silence opinions on here?

 

Sorry.. I can't agree with that attutude, this is a forum, opinions happen, without that there will be no discussion.

 

 


well, what I read, is that EvangM explained to tapantaola that they do use pingbased matchmaking partially, and not only find players based on levels, to which tapantaola replied: why don't you give me the source code to proof that you're right

 

if you ask me, that's not a nice thing to say, personally I really appreciate it that Naughty Dog even replies to their fans, and then you have some of those fans asking you to give them the source code because else they won't believe you, I can understand that such actions will result in a ban (especially because this is not the first time tapantaola behaves like that), however, I think a perma-ban was not nescessary, but whatever, there is no problem here at all, just make a new account...


I wouldn't really call that banworthy though.

 

Not like he really insulted him

 

A simple professional reply would have been fine. I mean seriously I see worse than that on here on a daily basis.

 

It's not in the rules anywhere that what Tap did wasn't allowed. Unban and rule change is the right thing to do if they actually do want to ban for things like that.

 

Sure. I don't have a problem with EvangM. At least I haven't had one yet. But I have seen signs of unprofessional attitudes from other ND employees.



Message 26 of 55 (331 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11463 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013
Raptor with RPG's


Your argument is invalid

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 27 of 55 (321 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Raptor with RPG's


Your argument is invalid

That yeah.

 

but whatever.. I give up.

 

I'm going to leave it there, I'm better than lowering myself to those standards. Since the big company guys can't do adult and mature they'll have to leave it to the users.



Message 28 of 55 (312 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013
I didn't like tap getting banned. Plus, how does ping-based work if we're also matching by levels? One has to be a priority if I'm correct, unless you have magic.

@Ozzy Dude I was sarcastic about HC. I **bleep** hate "not UC2 TDM" UC2 TDM (eg Classic).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 29 of 55 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Hey everyone! OzZy401 from UC3 MLG checking in!

Sep 1, 2013

You are correct. It could work like it's prioritizing both? But that would take ages to find games unless the pool of players is huge.

 

Halo 3 did level based / ping based or anything goes based - It left it up to the player to pick one.

 

If I'm honest neither one of them lagged noticably, but Bungie know how to make a game with a good netcode, either that or Microsoft have a better network which is more than likely considering it was pay to play.



Message 30 of 55 (293 Views)
Reply
0 Likes