Highlighted
Mar 05 2013
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

Hidden Co-Op Arena Weapons

[ Edited ]
40 replies 996 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

JDsHeader.png

Whilist playing Co-Op Arena the other day, in direct response to Borderlands 2, I was wondering how it would be if there  were "hidden" weapons in each Co-Op Arena map. Now, yes, there are Power Weapons available for use and for us to search out and find. But, imagine this:

While playing on Lost City, you're running through the tunnels and you stumble upon a lovely Golden Crossbow the Shambala Guardians may have dropped or left for unknown purposes. Also, how about as you're running through the Chateau and you discover Sully's Wes-44 he dropped while escaping the burning mansion?

Now, these weapons would have a respawn timer twice as long as normal Power Weapons and have 3 or 4 possible spawn points and would randomly spawn in one of the possible spawns at one given time. These weapons would be very map specific and may carry over (be the same weapon) in different maps. They would only spawn in Co-Op Arena, of course, and wouldn't be weapons that everyone could simply acquire all at once and overhaul the Arena mode.

The Weapons:

Airstrip.png

PAK-80: A fully-loaded, 180 bullet PAK-80 can be found lying around in the map. There are a number of possible spawn points in which the PAK-80 could be discovered/found.

Airstrip.png

Golden Crossbow: You can find one of these dandies lying around on the ground from the blue Shambalah Guardians. They would be equipped with 4-6 crossbow bolts that are capable of one-shot killing most enemies.

Airstrip.png

Sully's Wes-44: As Sully and Nate were scampering out of the burning, collapsing mansion, Sully lost his signature revolver. You can find this beauty lying around in various nooks and crannies around the dilapidated Chateau. Equip with 12 powerful bullets, it's sure to leave a mark in the enemies morale and bullet-ridden corpses.

More weapons are to come! I, simply, don't have time to type all of the ideas rummaging around in my head at the moment. More are to come, you can be certain of that. I have a lot of cool weapons in specific maps that I'd like to share with you all. I will be adding more periodically, someone pressured me into posting this sooner than I anticipated. (looks at OSBB Smiley Wink)

Thanks for reading,

JD--

Message 1 of 41 (996 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Hidden Co-Op Arena Weapons

Mar 5, 2013

Skimming though, I thought you had discovered them. Smiley Mad Then I read it and saw you were suggesting them.

I are sad now.

Message 2 of 41 (989 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 5, 2013
The Crossbow idea is genius!!!
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 3 of 41 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Awesome idea JD. It reminds me of a competitive fix I suggested long ago. Random power weapons and in random locations so people can't always get a power weapon when they want. I like your idea especially because its sort of an Easter egg as well. I have an idea for you though. What about grenades made of resin that have special effects for lost city? I think it'd be awesome. P.S: Welcome back JD
Message 4 of 41 (964 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Airstrip.png

PAK-80: A fully-loaded, 180 bullet PAK-80 can be found lying around in the map. There are a number of possible spawn points in which the PAK-80 could be discovered/found.

If you want to put weapons in those maps that fit the maps in single player I would place one of those one-shot-kill silencer pistols in the airstrip, fits better then a pak-80 don't you think?

anyway, my thoughts on this (damage described is for the easiest opponents unless mentioned otherwise):

Airstrip: elena's silencer pistol, 12 bullets, 1 shot kill, story: it fell out of the jeep while driving nate on the plane

Chateau: sully's wes, 12 bullets, 1 shot kill, story: he dropped it while escaping the chateau

Yemen: elena's sawed-off shotgun, 12 bullets, 1 shot kill story: she dropped it when she left the building with the pit in it, because she couldn't take it outside on the streets

City of Brass: underwater rocket launcher, 3 rockets no reload like in the story, 1 hit kill with the reach of a mega bomb, story: nate dropped it when he shot the 3 rockets at the crane that was lifting the jar out of the water

Desert Village: salim's defender, 80 bullets, 4 hit kill but very quick reload and large magazines and, story: salim lost it during the escape out of the village, he was out of bullets no wonder with so much enemies to shoot then he threw his pistol at the head of an enemy to take him out

London Underground: charlie's silencer, 12 bullets, 1 shot kill, story: when it was empty he threw it away, punched a bad guy in his face and stole his para9 to continue the fight

Syria: talbot's dart gun, 6 darts, 1 shot drug to make him start shooting his friends, story: when he drugged charlie he dropped it so he could climb of the ledge to hide from nate, sully and chloe

Graveyard: rameses' pistole, 12 bullets, 1 shot kill, story: rameses dropped it while dying from the shot he took from nate's para9 followed by drowning his weapon got carried out of the ship by the water and stranded on the graveyard

Oasis: salims cup of coffee, 1 cup of coffee, no kill but distracted from the fight because it is such good coffee so then you can kill him easily very effective against guys with a pak-80 because they get so thirsty from carrying such heavy armor and a heavy weapon, story: salim left it at the oasis when he went on attacking the caravan with his friends and nate

Old Quarter: rameses wooden plank, 1 hit kill, you can hit with it 15 enemies before it breaks, story: rameses smashed nate unconcious when he was fighting talbot then he dropped it and went to his ship with nate as a prisoner

Facility: a german soldier's mp40, 180 bullets, 4 shot kill and fast rate of fire, story: a german soldier dropped it when he got attacked by a you know what if you played uncharted 1

Flooded Ruins: elena's grenade launcher, 6 grenades, 1 shot kill and quick reload and movement of the grenade when shot, story: elena dropped it after the jetski part because it was no longer nescessary

Highrise: the chopper, a 30 second flight with the chopper to mow down enemies with the turret on the chopper, 3 shot kill, story: one of the choppers lazarevic used to search for the right temple one of the resistance fighters shot in the arm of the soldier in the chopper who was therefore forced to land because he was bleeding out and needed to bandage himself

Museum: flynn's desert pistol, 14 bullets, 1 shot kill, story: flynn dropped it when he shot all the museums glass to alert the guards to attack nate then he left but dropped the pistol because he had no room in his bag for the rope and he didn't needed the desert anymore anyway while he did need the rope for escaping the museum

Village: a villager's crossbow, 14 arrows, 1 shot kill, story: dropped by an villager when killed by lazarevic' soldiers

Plaza: chloe's defender, 80 bullets, 4 hit kill but very quick reload and large magazines, story: flynn took it when he ambushed nate and friends he took chloe's weapon and sent her for the train then threw the weapon away outside the building

Ice Cave: that german's handgun I forgot the name of, 80 bullets, 4 hit kill but very quick reload and large magazines, story: a german froze to death and dropped this gun

Temple: jeff's camera, 10 seconds of battery time, when filming with it enemies will go line up for a group picture for there great memories of the map they are fighting in then you can change to your sidearm and shoot them easily, story: jeff had to leave it when he got shot a soldier from lazarevic took it inside because it was raining and used almost all the battery time on filming the beautiful temple

Lost City: Lazarevic' shotgun, 8 bullets, 1 shot kill on normal enemies and 2 shot kill on armored enemies, story: Lazarevic dropped it when he got killed by the creatures

Sanctuary: Yeti suit, works for 20 seconds then soldiers realise it's you, soldiers run away from you because they are scared of the yeti's your teammates can then easily shoot them very helpful in siege, story: a shambala creature failed to make the jump to a rooftop and fell to his death

Train Wreck: I just realised this map isn't in coop arena, just like graveyard, old quarter, temple and ice cave... right... well it would be the moss-12 from the armored guys looking for you at the end of the chapter in the single player, it would have 12 bullets and 1 shot kill, one of the soldiers dropped it when nate killed them, ok?

that were all maps, remind me again why exactly we are writing all this? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 41 (917 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 5, 2013

This thread makes me sad. ND has basically given us the finger when it comes to Co-op, so I don't think any of your ideas will get implimented. Oh well, I kudoed anyway.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 6 of 41 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Very good ideas JD, kudos! I hope ND takes them into consideration on future installments of UC. Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 7 of 41 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

This thread makes me sad. ND has basically given us the finger when it comes to Co-op, so I don't think any of your ideas will get implimented. Oh well, I kudoed anyway.

Can you people just stop saying stuff like that already? I mean come on, how many times must we have to read a comment like this? It's been said thousands of times already no need to keep repeating it.

Message 8 of 41 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

They could be in Uncharted 4.

Message 9 of 41 (865 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Huskers1598 wrote:

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

They could be in Uncharted 4.

They would have to be on different maps then.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 10 of 41 (857 Views)
0 Likes