Highlighted
Apr 12 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 3484 posts

Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

[ Edited ]
86 replies 1008 views Edited Apr 12, 2013

Ok, as many of you know, Steven here is a big defender of hipfire, he thinks it requires skill and is a legit tactic to use in this game, I on the other hand (and many other people here) hate hipfire and think it is a cheap tactic, so we decided to defend our opinions, we would play against each other, I would use his 'style of play', hipfiring and whack and rolling, while he was trying to kill me with aiming and grenades, I never hipfire and he never aims, so if hipfire took any skill at all, then I would fail in defeating him I suppose, so the first match we played, here are the facts:

(take note that Steven and I are the same level and legacy, and have about the same kdr, so the only thing that matters is the aiming and the hipfire)

Chateau, I won the match with 17 - 10, kickbacks were off, but I forgot to put power plays off, so I got 3 power plays against me, so if you would have seen the match it is obvious that I would have an even better result, Steven used stat hats while I didn't bother using them too...

here are some interesting highlights of hipfire kills, it's insane how easy it is to use, remember that I never play like this:

The second match Steven wanted me not to use the m9 or para9 (of course...), but I had to use the kal-7 and micro instead, so I did, we played in the Facility this time, I wanted a variety of maps, Chateau is probably the worst map for aimers, but the facility is very open and you can spot your opponent from far away, but I won the match with 22 - 16, power plays were disabled, but I could not use the weapons I wanted and Steven forgot sometimes how he had to play during these matches, and the map is less hipfire friendly, but at least I still won...

Here is a video where I chase him all over the map:

And then finally we played in the Highrise, a very diverse map, Steven decided to camp in the open spaces a bit which made it a little more diffucult for me, but I still won with 21 - 14, I just decided to use the ak47, it wasn't as good as the m9, but as the first clip below shows it's very accurate from a distance, and the second clip is really weird stuff too, especially the para9 part of it in the middle, but also ending:

If you (for whatever reason) want to see the full matches, I can send the cinema file to you, but I can't upload the whole match on youtube, I don't know how and I am not in any mood to figure it out, deal with that! Smiley Wink

So, there you have it, someone can win easily from someone else using nothing but holding r1 and occasionally whack and roll glitch, hipfire is a widespread problem, the whack and roll glitch is partly responsible for that, both problems need a fix, Naughty Dog if you happen to read this, and you still don't take me seriously, what more evidence must I provide to make you believe that this **bleep** has to go? Smiley Indifferent

Note: Steven is a fair player, he did not ragequit and tried to play as we agreed on, he's a cool guy, it's only a little sad that he has such a **bleep**ed up opinion, but let it be clear that this thread is not to have a laugh at Steven, I want this hipfire stuff fixed, I respect Stevens opinion! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 87 (1,008 Views)
Naughty Paw
11211 posts

Re: Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

Apr 12, 2013

eh... still not convinced

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 87 (939 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Apr 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

well, I am currently playing UC3, I'll happily show you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 87 (925 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11211 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Well, I'm not. I don't think having one person aim and the other person hipfire is the way to prove your point.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 4 of 87 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Apr 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Well, I'm not. I don't think having one person aim and the other person hipfire is the way to prove your point.

I don't see why not, aiming is common in a game, it is normal to do, let the game aim for you (hipfire) is not cool, if I can show you that by letting the game play for me (hipfire) against you playing the game yourself (aiming), if I play a good match then it obviously is clear that hipfire is truly overpowered and needs a nerf, right?

Message 5 of 87 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11211 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

I don't see why not, aiming is common in a game, it is normal to do, let the game aim for you (hipfire) is not cool, if I can show you that by letting the game play for me (hipfire) against you playing the game yourself (aiming), if I play a good match then it obviously is clear that hipfire is truly overpowered and needs a nerf, right?

But if I'm only allowed to aim and you flank me, what am I supposed to do? It doesn't help that it's also a 1vs1.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 6 of 87 (826 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6880 posts

Apr 12, 2013

I think Yemen, LU, or airstrip would have been better, as most instances here were pretty close quarters with lots of walls and corners benefitting blindfire. The main problem people say is that you can zig-zag right up to a person from a fair distance away blindfiring and still kill them. So if these same results can be replicated in wide open areas where both players notice each other, I may be swayed a bit more.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 87 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Very well done Matt, I will be uploading a video soon of me using Flynn's M9 and blindfiring only.  When its up I will be sure to post it here.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 87 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I think Yemen, LU, or airstrip would have been better, as most instances here were pretty close quarters with lots of walls and corners benefitting blindfire. The main problem people say is that you can zig-zag right up to a person from a fair distance away blindfiring and still kill them. So if these same results can be replicated in wide open areas where both players notice each other, I may be swayed a bit more.

I have a video which Im currently uploading, I was playing Team Objective on London Underground and only using Blindfire. It will be up soon.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 9 of 87 (728 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 12, 2013
While I find this whole thread interesting, I feel like you should of had 4 matches. You aim while Steven hip-fired the first two matches. Then you switch in the last two. That way there is equal opportunity. But that is just my opinion.
Message 10 of 87 (661 Views)