Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3532 posts

Re: Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

Apr 13, 2013

To show it is 'widespread', I think you would have to record lots of varied games (different modes, against a BIG range of players), as they come (not selective), to show it is 'widespread.' I do agree Blindfire needs to be powdered down, but this doesn't really show a widespread problem.

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 87 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Kudos for a sensible attempt at highlighting the Blindfire problem. I think that all the criticism it's been receiving is a little unfair, you certainly highlighted the ludicrous nature and range of the auto lock, I didn't seem any attempts to flank and Blindfire at close quarters, that someone can play the game in this style AND do well just seems plain wrong.
In the interest of balance though I think that you should have also played roles reversed and Blindfire vs Blindfire and aim vs aim, just so Steven can validate his argument that there is skill in Blindfire,
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 87 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
Kudos for a sensible attempt at highlighting the Blindfire problem. I think that all the criticism it's been receiving is a little unfair, you certainly highlighted the ludicrous nature and range of the auto lock, I didn't seem any attempts to flank and Blindfire at close quarters, that someone can play the game in this style AND do well just seems plain wrong.
In the interest of balance though I think that you should have also played roles reversed and Blindfire vs Blindfire and aim vs aim, just so Steven can validate his argument that there is skill in Blindfire,

that last idea is awesome, why didn't I think of that, indeed Steven and I go both only hipfire/whack and roll, and if there is any skill in hipfire, which he always does, and I never, he should win easily! and then we both aim and then I should win easily because he never aims and I always do, perfect!

then we find out that hipfire is around the tie, because it doesn't take any skill, and I go on a rampant with the aiming! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 87 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 13, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Juan vee Juan never proves anything.  The game is played as teams, or FFA.  It's not a 2-man format.

Try wrestling.

it indeed doesn't prove who is the better player, the only reason we have this match is to show you how easy and from big distanced hipfire can be used effectivily, that I won is just a cherry on the cake because I won with only hipfire, but that wasn't the major goal of the match...

@ Steven: I didn't show any clips of you killing me with aiming because I wanted to show how easy hipfire is, of course you killed me (sometimes) too, but most of the time I won while holding only r1 and occasionally whack and roll...

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 87 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Blindfire ITSELF is NOT the problem. It was already perfected before.

The problem is

-The M9 exesive blindfire effectivess when compared to a kal.

-we went head to head BF punch with an M9 and a Kal and took each other out when the kal has more bf according to gun ''stats''

-The Para9 ''whack and roll problem'' is due to

-the 3 bullet damage being too low for people aiming to get any chance to get a kill compared to other guns

this could be solved by a health upgrade or a change to 4 bullets to get a punch kill.

- It takes too long to change from aim position to running/bf position, sometimes that mini second of position change could get the aimer a punch when enough bullets have been aimed shot for a kill..

the game has some left over  slow mo stopping power scattered everywhere (like when airplanes shot in airport) that shouldnt be there

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 87 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Beelzebean wrote:

that last idea is awesome, why didn't I think of that, indeed Steven and I go both only hipfire/whack and roll, and if there is any skill in hipfire, which he always does, and I never, he should win easily!

then we find out that hipfire is around the tie, because it doesn't take any skill, and I go on a rampant with the aiming! :smileyhappy:

thats what i wanted to do after the match in syrin(you played normal and i played normal) before ligths went out

but i wanted you to go bf crazy with me too see if it does take more skill

especially since u smartly went WE mod(BF+Rof) on me on Facility and i just go with ROF+clipsized on regular basiscs

im curious just how false the BF mod is on the kal, cause i can feel normal kals beat me too often and for some reason ur BF worked like a charm<3 on facility...curious

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 87 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

I agree aiming is a better tactic, but sometimes blindfire is just necesary in clos quarters situations. If Steven wasn't a blindfiring guy, he could probably aim better, and beat you. If you did it the other way where you aimed and he blindfired, I think you would still win. Blindfire is much easier tactic than aiming obviously, so he was just being a player that can't aim well.

R.I.P POGO
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 87 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Blindifre is a problem

Whack and Roll Glitch is a problem

But lets not forget, that

MELE IS A PROBLEM.

Mele is OP. it makes the stupid blindfire THAT MUCH more effective. Should be 3 hit kill, what a joke. (cue stuntman to talk about missing hardcore...:smileywink: )

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't try to push naughty dog on this one. Most other shooters are one hit melee (knife). Two is fine for me

R.I.P POGO
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 87 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 13, 2013

hamsterboy14 wrote:

Blindifre is a problem

Whack and Roll Glitch is a problem

But lets not forget, that

MELE IS A PROBLEM.

Mele is OP. it makes the stupid blindfire THAT MUCH more effective. Should be 3 hit kill, what a joke. (cue stuntman to talk about missing hardcore...:smileywink: )

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't try to push naughty dog on this one. Most other shooters are one hit melee (knife). Two is fine for me

remember that in other 'shooters' (uncharted is not a shooter btw, but an action adventure) it's also just 3 bullets what kills you, so you try knifing someone in shooters when your opponent is aiming at you, I wish you luck...

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 87 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 13, 2013

hamsterboy14 wrote:

I agree aiming is a better tactic, but sometimes blindfire is just necesary in clos quarters situations. If Steven wasn't a blindfiring guy, he could probably aim better, and beat you. If you did it the other way where you aimed and he blindfired, I think you would still win. Blindfire is much easier tactic than aiming obviously, so he was just being a player that can't aim well.

that's the whole point, blindfire can make you win, and that's sad, because you only hold r1 and run, no skill involved whatsoever...

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 87 (83 Views)
0 Likes