Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

Apr 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I think a better experiment would be to have teams of equal players. 1 team solely blindfires, the other solely aims. mods, any guns and boosters. No kickbacks and no PWs. Then play on 3 seperate maps, 1 small map, 1 large map, and 1 balanced map. For each map to cater to one side and the 3rd being balanced between the 2.

Then from that see how good each individual did on each team and which team won and by how much. To make it better, have 3vs3. 3 on one team using the g-mal, fal, and dragon, 3 on the other team using ak M9 and kal. So  we can see the severeity of how much each gun outperforms the other. Pistols can be factored in to somehow I suppose.

Then after that, have the aimers/blindfirers switch roles and see if anything changes drastically in performance.

That could work but blindfire is very annoying when it's:

• Player 2 is out and visible.
  • Player 1 sees player 2, aims and shoots a couple of bullets (maybe 30-40%) damage worth.
  • Player 2 goes to cover.
  • Player 1 rushes at player 2 blindfiring.

How about just a 5v5 with the same rules?

that could work too, just might be harder to keep track of people. maybe if the 4 extra people use pistols only just to see how well they do lol. Because My idea was to test out the weapons as well particularly the blindfire ones, even more particularly the M9 lol.

That could work, I would love to play this but I hate blindfire as it is and I dont want someone to be deaf in one ear after the match lol. :smileylol:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 21 of 87 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Alright here is my video of Blindfire.

Message 22 of 87 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Apr 12, 2013

A very demonstrative and mature post, Matthijs! Kudos!

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 23 of 87 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

lol am I the only person who actually sucks at Blindfire ?:smileyfrustrated:

Message 24 of 87 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

You cant really suck at blindfire lol.

Message 25 of 87 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I do or maybe I resent it so much I don't allow myself to do it except with a Para.

Message 26 of 87 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I do or maybe I resent it so much I don't allow myself to do it except with a Para.

I only use it in really CQC. Otherwise I try and avoid it.

Message 27 of 87 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Apr 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I think Yemen, LU, or airstrip would have been better, as most instances here were pretty close quarters with lots of walls and corners benefitting blindfire. The main problem people say is that you can zig-zag right up to a person from a fair distance away blindfiring and still kill them. So if these same results can be replicated in wide open areas where both players notice each other, I may be swayed a bit more.

I know they are, but I was not going to be a camping person, neither was Steven, we just ran around the map in search for each other, and I tried to hipfire him no matter what, of course I occasionally ran away because I can't hipfire someone from 300 feet, but I had multiple times killed Steven with the zig-zag technique, I believe you can see it in one of the video's, and if you'd like I could send you the whole cinema files if you're interested in seeing them...

so the chateau has indeed a lot of corners and walls that make hipfire easier, but the facility is more open, you can't really hide there, and finally the highrise is a map with a lot of diversity, anything could be done there, so I think the maps were pretty good chosen...

@person who said that I should have aimed and Steven hipfired as a comparison:

I want to prove that hipfire is a big problem, so if I have to aim against Steven, I basically have to proof that he can kill me, so I might just let him kill me, right? while if I hipfire and he aims, then we are trying to prove our opinions on hipfire, and we will do everything we can for that :smileywink:

@person who said this is not an accurate way of proving that hipfire is a big problem:

maybe, maybe not, I just try to do everything I can to make Naughty Dog realise that this crap has to go, and I think these video's (while not perfect) are good evidence to show that hipfire is a big problem :smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 87 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6190 posts

Apr 13, 2013

all I know is this is a 1vs1and it probably could have been proven better with more people and variables. 1vs1s hardly classify as proving anything in my eyes. Which is why I mock the people who challenge me to them lol. There's nobody else to worry about and its very easy to get the jump on another. I personally think what I suggested a few posts ago might help a bit more in proving 1 side or the other.

photo Sniper.png
Message 29 of 87 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Apr 13, 2013
1. Get top 5 anti-blindfire supporters and top 5 rebels
2. Reverse their roles in a well-controlled custom match
3. ???
4. Profit!

I would like to see an all-out blindfire-only match and all-out aiming-only match just to compare both of these. You will see a huge difference in skill level and "competitive" scene.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 30 of 87 (147 Views)