Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Re: Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

Apr 13, 2013

The people that are saying "I'm not convinced" or "not the way to prove it" are just mad. There is no better reason to prove it than playing a match yourself, making these kind of videos is just an extra.

And yes, it's a widespread problem. It's just fkng ridiculous. I've NEVER seen a multiplayer game that features a hip/blindfire with an autoaim so high you can just keep firing jumping/falling/looking around and get the kill.

Message 51 of 87 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5879 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I'm not mad, I just feel that this could have been done a lot better to prove 1-side more than the other.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 52 of 87 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I feel a simple 1v1 match proves nothing. There are so much more variables found in an actual game of 5v5 over 1v1, justifying BF through only a couple matches is not sufficient.

Message 53 of 87 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 13, 2013

To the people saying they are not convinced or those videos proves nothing what would convince you guys Blindfire is OP ?? 

Why is it possible I can kill someone faster without aiming ?

And ND won't do anything time to stop trying they even reward you in the single player for hip fire lol.

Message 54 of 87 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

To the people saying they are not convinced or those videos proves nothing what would convince you guys Blindfire is OP ?? 

And ND won't do anything time to stop trying they even reward you in the single player for hip fire lol.

Well, it would require a large amount of expermenting. We would need to take account gametype, player experience, number of people playing in a game, what boosters they are using, and connection. We would have to factor in every possibility that could affect BF and use an accurate sample of the current UC3 population playing the MP. In addition, no boosters whatsoever or use completely ineffectual ones. Also, we would have to use only one gun (preferable the AK) in order to factor out any gun advantages/ Then, we would have to create matches where player are allowed to aim only, BF only, then mix of the two, and finally matches between BF and Aiming. With each match, we would have to tally the Kill/Death ratio and Win/Lose ratio of all the matches of each player and see if there is a correlation if BF is really OP.

Message 55 of 87 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 13, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Well, it would require a large amount of expermenting. We would need to take account gametype, player experience, number of people playing in a game, what boosters they are using, and connection. We would have to factor in every possibility that could affect BF and use an accurate sample of the current UC3 population playing the MP. In addition, no boosters whatsoever or use completely ineffectual ones. Also, we would have to use only one gun (preferable the AK) in order to factor out any gun advantages/ Then, we would have to create matches where player are allowed to aim only, BF only, then mix of the two, and finally matches between BF and Aiming. With each match, we would have to tally the Kill/Death ratio and Win/Lose ratio of all the matches of each player and see if there is a correlation if BF is really OP.

ummm i'm sensing some trolling in your post if you were infact serious my apologies but what does gametype, player experience, number of people playing, boosters have to do with anything.

You lost me at using The AK...

Message 56 of 87 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

ummm i'm sensing some trolling in your post if you were infact serious my apologies but what does gametype, player experience, number of people playing, boosters have to do with anything.

Well, I want to test Blindfiring at its most basic element within actual gameplay. So any booster or gun that is better suited to aiming or blindfiring would skew the result. In addition, how good blindfire is depends on what type of game you are playing (i.e. plunder or TDM). For example, A player who blindfires and kills a lot of players, but lost in a Plunder match, but wins in TDM, changes how BF is effective. Number of players (i.e. a 5vs5 over 1vs1) could certainly alter playstyle and tactics. For example, in a 5v5 situation if you see one of your teammates getting killed, you would certainly avoid the are your teammate was in or flank the enemy. In a 1v1, you don't have that luxury. Player experience is important as players who are more experience could be better BF users or better at beating BF users or have better aim. Understand I am not trying to troll, I would honestly be more sarcastic and type less.

Message 57 of 87 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Apr 14, 2013
^ Are you planning to do this yourself?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 58 of 87 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Apr 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ Are you planning to do this yourself?

I would if I had support, but I can't. This experiment is insanely difficult, you would need massive support and time. I honestly don't have time to play and record statistics. If someone else who is willing to do such a feat, it would be great.

Message 59 of 87 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Apr 14, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Well, I want to test Blindfiring at its most basic element within actual gameplay. So any booster or gun that is better suited to aiming or blindfiring would skew the result. In addition, how good blindfire is depends on what type of game you are playing (i.e. plunder or TDM). For example, A player who blindfires and kills a lot of players, but lost in a Plunder match, but wins in TDM, changes how BF is effective. Number of players (i.e. a 5vs5 over 1vs1) could certainly alter playstyle and tactics. For example, in a 5v5 situation if you see one of your teammates getting killed, you would certainly avoid the are your teammate was in or flank the enemy. In a 1v1, you don't have that luxury. Player experience is important as players who are more experience could be better BF users or better at beating BF users or have better aim. Understand I am not trying to troll, I would honestly be more sarcastic and type less.

look, we are not some professionals who do statistics on things, we play games, and we try to improve said games by commenting here, I do not have to proof that hipfire is overpowered, I have to show it, and it seems pretty clear to me that hipfire is pretty **bleep**ed up considering those video's I made...

when people complained about Revenge did you see a good investigation of people who do use Revenge against people who don't? when a G-mal nerf was requested did you see teams of G-mal users against teams of other weapon users and check the results? when classic mode replaced hardcore mode did you see a poll for all the forumers here who preferred which mode? to all questions the answer is no, it just doesn't work this way, we point out the problems, Naughty Dog fixes them, that's how it should be...

Message 60 of 87 (85 Views)