Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Hipfire vs Aiming, Steven vs Matthijs, ND watch!:)

Apr 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

I remember SteepMatt's HC thread. He didn't even mention Classic in the OP, yet people kept saying Classic was better and telling him to shut up. Talk about a structured argument, huh Smiley Indifferent .

although I like classic, I think it shouldn't have replaced hardcore mode, you just don't just throw out a whole mode out of the game, there could be people who bhought your game just for that mode (which is plausible because all games recently have all these (for some people) annoying things like boosters, kickbacks, mods an so on), and then, when you have their money, you remove the thing they did spend it on, that's not really fair, why not just add classic mode, why did it have to replace something? I know, I know, probably something like splitting the fan base, but still, you could have just put classic and hardcore in the same playlist if you were worried about a split fanbase, at least then people could still play both modes...

This makes sense.

The reason we didn't do that is because people were hell-bent having HC removed.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 71 of 87 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

I remember SteepMatt's HC thread. He didn't even mention Classic in the OP, yet people kept saying Classic was better and telling him to shut up. Talk about a structured argument, huh Smiley Indifferent .

although I like classic, I think it shouldn't have replaced hardcore mode, you just don't just throw out a whole mode out of the game, there could be people who bhought your game just for that mode (which is plausible because all games recently have all these (for some people) annoying things like boosters, kickbacks, mods an so on), and then, when you have their money, you remove the thing they did spend it on, that's not really fair, why not just add classic mode, why did it have to replace something? I know, I know, probably something like splitting the fan base, but still, you could have just put classic and hardcore in the same playlist if you were worried about a split fanbase, at least then people could still play both modes...

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I found out that Classic had replaced Hardcore. I mean, I was aware of the whole Classic movement, and I knew it was coming with 1.15, but I didn't know it would replace HC. Your merged playlist idea is very good, and I wish ND had done that, because HC was seriously fun Smiley Sad

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 72 of 87 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Apr 14, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

@Matthijs_17, didn't bother to quote b/c of massive text. Yeah, ND has a problem making right decisions for patches (although no gaming company has ever correctly patched a game's MP). However, it would help the community's reputation as a trustworthy source if we had less BS in the threads. Seriously, having troll threads in this site did not help whatsoever.

I hope you are not referring to my threads Smiley Wink

Message 73 of 87 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

@Matthijs_17, didn't bother to quote b/c of massive text. Yeah, ND has a problem making right decisions for patches (although no gaming company has ever correctly patched a game's MP). However, it would help the community's reputation as a trustworthy source if we had less BS in the threads. Seriously, having troll threads in this site did not help whatsoever.

I hope you are not referring to my threads Smiley Wink

Well not entirely...Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 87 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

This makes sense.

The reason we didn't do that is because people were hell-bent having HC removed.

I actually loved HC nothing promoted teamwork better in this game except a good plunder game lol.

Classic mode is anything but Classic why are people sprinting for example ? lol

Is that mode still alive ??

Message 75 of 87 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Apparently yes. We're not going to kill that mode, though, since we're not going to pull an HC mode on the mode that made it happen first,
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 76 of 87 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 14, 2013

the mechanich is fine

-the M9 need a reduced BF accuracy

-The Para9 gets either 4 or 5 shots before any punch can kill.(iron fist)

-the transition from AIM(L1) to no L1 pressed should be faster so people who aim get a chance to prove their Blindfire skills with being held back from a slow running position from aiming.

remember that i have never aimed before so it looks like BF is OP at times

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 77 of 87 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

the mechanich is fine

-the M9 need a reduced BF accuracy

-The Para9 gets either 4 or 5 shots before any punch can kill.(iron fist)

-the transition from AIM(L1) to no L1 pressed should be faster so people who aim get a chance to prove their Blindfire skills with being held back from a slow running position from aiming.

remember that i have never aimed before so it looks like BF is OP at times

and you remember that I never blindfired before, so this blindfire skill you speak of is either non-excistant, or I am a very very very quick learner... (which I doubt)

and blindfire need an overall nerf, have you seen how well I managed to blindfire you with the ak, the first clip on the first page from the highrise, the micro was pretty effective as well, I wanted to try out the raffica as well but I forgot the change that in the loadout, so I can't say about that one, it's known that the tau sniper has also decent blindfire and the kal-7 is very good at blindfire as you have seen too, as far as I know only the g-mal, fal-ss and dragon sniper are not so good at blindfire although the first 2 are good at blindfire while jumping I heard, but of course never tried that myself...

Message 78 of 87 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 14, 2013
For the Raffica, it's 2 bursts to steelfist, 3 to kill. I think exactly 5 steelfist and 8 kill.
Message 79 of 87 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I'm sorry if this comes off rude, but mister Steven seems to have not been born on planet Earth. He is the biggest hipfire/blindfire advocate on this forum and yet he can't even make a rational, logical argument to defend his precious blindfire in its current over-powered state. He only suggests minimal changes because he wants keep the old, noob-friendly system intact. I just don't get him. If Drake was real he would flip out If he saw Steven. Why? Because he is the biggest clown on these forums.
Message 80 of 87 (185 Views)