Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 21 2013
By: J9Power4 Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Honor among decent/good players

157 replies 803 views Edited Apr 21, 2013
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 158 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 21, 2013
I dont need to be cheap because I am awesome. TO be awesome is to have skill. To have skill is to practice. To practice is to take time. To take time is to utilize it. To utilize time is to kill U3 players. To kill U3 players is to be a beast. To be a beast is to be Cooljosh21. To be Cooljosh21 is to... well impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 158 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I always use RoF. I can get 10 rampants with only a total of 5 kills. Fact.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 158 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Apr 21, 2013

notsocooljosh21 wrote:
I always use RoF. I can get 10 rampants with only a total of 5 kills. Fact.

Proving that you aren't so good afterall

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 158 (788 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Apr 21, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.

I never do cheap tactics under any circumstances, sure that results in me doing pretty badly, but as long as I enjoy playing fair I'll continue, else I just go play something else :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 158 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 21, 2013

When I play noobs I use this loadout to make it more fair for them, doesn't mean they win of course.

Main gun: AK no mods

Pistol: Raffica no mods

Booster 1: Invalid

Booster 2: Slow Healing

Kickback: Depends on gamemode.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 158 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 21, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:

If I understand you correctly, my answer is that I do the opposite of what you describe. I'm not great, but I can hold my own, so against noobs I usually try to avoid using tactics I consider cheap (RoF, paid boosters, etc.)

I usually play lone wolf, so when I go against a party of really skilled players, anything is fair game. I mean, they are going to try to use the advantage of group tactics (as they should), so if I don't use all my resources, given my skill level I'll get slaughtered.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 158 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10014 posts

Apr 21, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:

Yeah.... no. I play normally if the enemies are really good. IF they're noobs, I play like past me when I pick up a Dragon and a Raffica (past me uses M9 and Para).

Meaning, stupid stuff. I blindfire the Drag instead of switching to my Raff, I don't quickscope, I don't aim my nades, I always buddy spawn, I don't climb much, etc.

I don't want to accidentally be a reason for why the game is dying. I like playing with new guys.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 158 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Apr 21, 2013
OK, on topic for once. I choose to go as hard as I can on noobs. Why? Rampants. I can also say none of you can say you have never tried the same before. Fact.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 158 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10014 posts

Apr 21, 2013

notsocooljosh21 wrote:
OK, on topic for once. I choose to go as hard as I can on noobs. Why? Rampants. I can also say none of you can say you have never tried the same before. Fact.

I haven't. :smileysad:

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 158 (741 Views)
0 Likes