Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 26, 2013

If you have any honor then you don't play in large parties consisting of only good players unless it's a clan match or custom match.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 158 (321 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 26, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

If you have any honor then you don't play in large parties consisting of only good players unless it's a clan match or custom match.


You should be allowed to play with your friends, even if they are some crazy tryhards. Dont see how just having fun and socializing makes you have no honor.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 158 (320 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 26, 2013

Well it ruins the match for everyone you meet. Even playing with a single good friend is enough to win most matches so playing with all your "friends" is just too much. I don't like being in such parties and I certainly don't like playing against them.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 158 (312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Well it ruins the match for everyone you meet. Even playing with a single good friend is enough to win most matches so playing with all your "friends" is just too much. I don't like being in such parties and I certainly don't like playing against them.


So what you're saying is that I should not play with all of my best mates because other players are not having fun?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 158 (272 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
996 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.

I won't use the M9 out of spite due to around 35% of players making it their primary weapon. I don't use quickboom, or at least anymore. I used to back when it was so imbalanced that your only choice was to use quickboom. Now it's more balanced but still a tad bit dirty. I use the AK as I feel it showcases my skill in the best manner, but I can easily do more damage with an M9.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 158 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

J9Power4 wrote:
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.

I won't use the M9 out of spite due to around 35% of players making it their primary weapon. I don't use quickboom, or at least anymore. I used to back when it was so imbalanced that your only choice was to use quickboom. Now it's more balanced but still a tad bit dirty. I use the AK as I feel it showcases my skill in the best manner, but I can easily do more damage with an M9.


This is the line of thought that I don't get.

 

Why put yourself at a disadvantage when everyone else is using something better than you and doesn't mind it? It seems silly to try to prove how much cyberhonor you have...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 158 (248 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/18/2012
Offline
1310 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile, and my question is.. Do you guys not use a certain cheap tactic or mechanic when going against component players you would normally use on noobs?

I'll use rate of fire against noobs and or ping if I'm going for a rampant. However if I'm going against a party the the cheapest thing I'll use is untraceable.

The reason I do this is simple. I want to test my abilities as a player and find out if I can come out on top without any sort of crutch.

For me it would be cornershooting, or doing the cover in & out tactic. ( Going in and out of cover & change sides. ) 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 158 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/18/2012
Offline
1310 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

You can't be putting Ping, Revenge, KAL abusers and ROF in with lagswitchers, killfarmers and whack and roll.

 

The first few bolded are all fair game, but cheap, the others are cheating the game for one way or another.


How is whack & roll cheating lol? It's a legit tactic. . . 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 158 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

You can't be putting Ping, Revenge, KAL abusers and ROF in with lagswitchers, killfarmers and whack and roll.

 

The first few bolded are all fair game, but cheap, the others are cheating the game for one way or another.


How is whack & roll cheating lol? It's a legit tactic. . . 


It almost seems like there is nothing in this game that can be classed as "skill" or skillful play. Everything in this game is consided cheating by one person or another.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 158 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9989 posts
 

Re: Honor among decent/good players

Apr 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

You can't be putting Ping, Revenge, KAL abusers and ROF in with lagswitchers, killfarmers and whack and roll.

 

The first few bolded are all fair game, but cheap, the others are cheating the game for one way or another.


How is whack & roll cheating lol? It's a legit tactic. . . 


It almost seems like there is nothing in this game that can be classed as "skill" or skillful play. Everything in this game is consided cheating by one person or another.


Pretty much. Therefore, we all think we have honor (since obviously we all think what we're doing is okay). We all don't have it, and even if you say you don't have honor, deep down you think you're better than some.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 158 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes